Anyone Going to LSU game?

thaitopher

My brother and I will be there. We have started a tradition of choosing one away game every year to go to. He lives in Navarre, so I don't seem him that often. Here are the games we went to:

1. 3 years ago - Auburn v. Mississippi Stat (both teams were ranked in top ten) - I still have cowbells going off in my ears;

2. 2 years ago - A&M - great game. We totally kicked their a**

3. Last year - Ole Miss - great game, although I was really worried there during the first half of the game when the offense kept going down the field each possession and scoring

4. This year - LSU - experience - TBD although I have been to 3 games in Baton Rouge where Auburn was the visitor. I will just try to stay as in cognito as possible so I don't get beaten up by any drunk LSU fans, but my big orange shirt with a picture of the old tiger on the front might be a target for some. 

16 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

My brother and I will be there. We have started a tradition of choosing one away game every year to go to. He lives in Navarre, so I don't seem him that often. Here are the games we went to:

1. 3 years ago - Auburn v. Mississippi Stat (both teams were ranked in top ten) - I still have cowbells going off in my ears;

2. 2 years ago - A&M - great game. We totally kicked their a**

3. Last year - Ole Miss - great game, although I was really worried there during the first half of the game when the offense kept going down the field each possession and scoring

4. This year - LSU - experience - TBD although I have been to 3 games in Baton Rouge where Auburn was the visitor. I will just try to stay as in cognito as possible so I don't get beaten up by any drunk LSU fans, but my big orange shirt with a picture of the old tiger on the front might be a target for some. 

I'll be there with cigars at the ready.  3rd visit to BR for me.  Was there for the '05 John Vaughn game and the '09 game.  

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'll be there with cigars at the ready.  3rd visit to BR for me.  Was there for the '05 John Vaughn game and the '09 game.  

Meet me at the 50 yard line at the end of the game. :Sing:

1 minute ago, Auburn 6 said:

I'll be there with my brother.  First trip for both of us to BR.  Does anybody know of any large AU tailgates going on?

Honestly, that's the worst thing you can do in BR.  Walk around, introduce yourself, and don't talk smack (and be willing to take a little friendly crap).  Tell people it's your first trip to BR and ask about their traditions.  You'll get so much good food that you'll need a wheelbarrow to get to the stadium..

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Honestly, that's the worst thing you can do in BR.  Walk around, introduce yourself, and don't talk smack (and be willing to take a little friendly crap).  Tell people it's your first trip to BR and ask about their traditions.  You'll get so much good food that you'll need a wheelbarrow to get to the stadium..

Good point.  We definitely want to check out the tailgating scene and do some exploring.  Auburn tailgate is more of a backup in case we don't find some friendly rivals willing to put up with us.

31 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I thought about it but I am going to pass. Last few times I was there we lost so I am going to stay away. 

We've lost every time I've been, but damnit, I want to be in that the stadium when the streak finally ends.

For all Auburn fans going to Baton Rouge this weekend - just don't be a douche and you might be tiger baited a bunch of times, but you generally should be safe. 

Not sure where to ask this and I don’t start new threads? but does the 90 degree weather favor either team Saturday?  Does the visiting team have the same opportunity for on field air conditioning etc that the home team does? All of you going .....sunscreen and water!

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Not sure where to ask this and I don’t start new threads? but does the 90 degree weather favor either team Saturday?  Does the visiting team have the same opportunity for on field air conditioning etc that the home team does? All of you going .....sunscreen and water!

Probably a question for the prediction thread :)  But, if anything, the heat should help us.  If our offense is able to move with any pace, we can wear their thin D-Line out quicker.  As for visitor locker room, I have no idea.  Just hope they have enough smoke ventilation around 6 p.m.

I'm already in BR.  One of the funnest times I had at a football game was a UAT - LSU game in BR.  I wore an Auburn T shirt and yelled Geaux Tigers before and during the game and the LSU people thought that was the greatest thing.  They have the best tailgates and love to share. 

I gotta tell you I think our board is contentious at times, but visiting the Tiger rant posts makes this board seem like gum drops and unicorns. Whoever set up the rules and all of you who moderate.....thanks for keeping it civil! 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Just saw on the news, their players are very confident and don't understand why they are underdogs to Auburn in Death Valley.  

You lost to Troy at home and barely got by Syracuse at home.  Also a missed extra point away from blowing a 14 point lead to a terrible Florida team while getting wrecked by an MSU team that we blew out.  That's why you're the underdog kids.  Be glad the line isn't higher.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You lost to Troy at home and barely got by Syracuse at home.  Also a missed extra point away from blowing a 14 point lead to a terrible Florida team while getting wrecked by an MSU team that we blew out.  That's why you're the underdog kids.  Be glad the line isn't higher.

My thoughts exactly. 

4 hours ago, thaitopher said:

For all Auburn fans going to Baton Rouge this weekend - just don't be a douche and you might be tiger baited a bunch of times, but you generally should be safe. 

Generally safe?? I feel much better. :)

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Generally safe?? I feel much better. :)

I've never had a problem when I've gone.  Just don't go running your mouth, have fun with the locals, and all will be well.

28 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Can't be any worse than Athens is these days.  Have fun and represent the REAL Tigers well! 

(We need a tiger emoticon!)

The Gameday atmosphere in BR is much better than Athens. The people are so much more fun and accommodating as long as you aren't an ass.  Take their ribbing, laugh and give it back in a friendly way.  Most tailgaters will offer food and drink.  Have fun with them.  

59 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The Gameday atmosphere in BR is much better than Athens. The people are so much more fun and accommodating as long as you aren't an ass.  Take their ribbing, laugh and give it back in a friendly way.  Most tailgaters will offer food and drink.  Have fun with them.  

Yes, totally agree. Don't get offended by their "tiger bait" or possibly sticking their middle finger at you and be a good sport after we kick their a** and we should be fine. :)

Archived