New Auburn bowl projection

ChaddScott

On 10/10/2017 at 6:28 PM, ScubaSteve said:

We run the table and beat UGA again in the SEC title game.  CFP ends up with 1. Clemson, 2. Auburn, 3. Bama, 4. Penn State.  We beat Bama again and then get to finish the year by getting revenge on Clemson.

Yeah, say we win out, Bama won't be in the CFP. Until they extend the field, there won't be 2 teams in the same conference make the CFP while a major conference champion sits out. That won't happen. 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, wde1968 said:

Nope we are playing 3 teams twice. 

UAT Iron Bowl & First round playoffs

UGA reg season & SEC Championship 

Clemson reg season and National title game.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

See above comment. They will have to extend the play-off field before 2 in the same conference make the playoffs. They won't let a conference champion sit out while having a non conference champion in the field. And even IF it COULD happen, there is ZERO chance that happens this year. There are 3 good teams in this conference. And we represent 1/3 of those teams. The SEC is WAAAAAAAY down. This makes 2 straight years... 

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah, say we win out, Bama won't be in the CFP. Until they extend the field, there won't be 2 teams in the same conference make the CFP while a major conference champion sits out. That won't happen. 

See above comment. They will have to extend the play-off field before 2 in the same conference make the playoffs. They won't let a conference champion sit out while having a non conference champion in the field. And even IF it COULD happen, there is ZERO chance that happens this year. There are 3 good teams in this conference. And we represent 1/3 of those teams. The SEC is WAAAAAAAY down. This makes 2 straight years... 

I happen to agree with you about two conference representatives.  That said, the main problem a one loss and non-SEC Champion Alabama team would face is that they would have lost to the only good team they played (Auburn).  When you look at what other conference champions had to do to get there, any other one loss conference champion has a more impressive resume than Alabama would.

9 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I happen to agree with you about two conference representatives.  That said, the main problem a one loss and non-SEC Champion Alabama team would face is that they would have lost to the only good team they played (Auburn).  When you look at what other conference champions had to do to get there, any other one loss conference champion has a more impressive resume than Alabama would.

I agree. The SEC is down. There are 3 good teams. Bama- they can't play themselves, Us- say we beat them, and UGA- they don't play. 

So even if they did let in a non conference champion, Bama still wouldn't be part of it. They would of lost to the only good team they played. FSU sure doesn't do them any favors.

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I agree. The SEC is down. There are 3 good teams. Bama- they can't play themselves, Us- say we beat them, and UGA- they don't play. 

So even if they did let in a non conference champion, Bama still wouldn't be part of it. They would of lost to the only good team they played. FSU sure doesn't do them any favors.

The crazy thing is it is not just the good SEC teams destroying the mediocre ones, out of conference opponents are doing it too.  Mississippi State and Ole Miss both lost to PAC-12 teams, and LSU lost at home to Troy.  Strength of schedule used to be the thing that any SEC Champion could count on to get them into the national championship picture.  The Big 12 is embarrassing us right now.

Any undefeated or one loss Big 12 champion will emerge with that trophy after posting that record with a schedule that features TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Texas, and likely playing one of those teams twice.  The picture is much the same for anyone that emerges undefeated or with one l, oss from the Big 10 East.  Washington or Wazzou have a good chance of winning the Pac-12 undefeated or with one loss, and it is possible that there is a battle of undefeated teams in the ACC Championship Game between Clemson and Miami.

10 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

10-1 AUBURN beats 11-0 bammer by 7 or less and wins SEC Both In

Regardless who wins a 12-0 bammer vs a 12-0 uga minus a blowout both in

You all crack me up the SEC bias is ridiculous.  

Do you take a 1 lose ND over UGA?  Tough since ND lost to UGA but UGA schedule sucks compared to ND. (remaining SOS 4)

Do you take a 1 lose SEC team over a 1 lose conference champ?  No

Do you take a 1 lose SEC team over an undefeated team? No

Do you take a 1 lose SEC Champ over an undefeated conference champ? Depends 

4 slots:  Clemson , Penn State, Wazzu/Wash St, TCU  could leave the SEC on the outside looking in if UGA/Bama/Auburn all have 1 lose.  I don't care if Auburn plays UGA/Clemson/Bama/UGA. I would hope they give Auburn the nod but there are other team with a better full body of work but if you were going to screw someone I expect it will be Wazzu or Wash St. 

Doesn't really matter I think you revisit this conversation first week in Nov as the landscape will be much different. 

4 hours ago, wde1968 said:

10-1 AUBURN beats 11-0 bammer by 7 or less and wins SEC Both In

Regardless who wins a 12-0 bammer vs a 12-0 uga minus a blowout both in

Both of these couldn't be any further from reality. Especially since its impossible Bama finishes undefeated and UGA finishes undefeated. There is 0 chance that possibly happens.

3 hours ago, eibua12 said:

You all crack me up the SEC bias is ridiculous.  

Do you take a 1 lose ND over UGA?  Tough since ND lost to UGA but UGA schedule sucks compared to ND. (remaining SOS 4)

Do you take a 1 lose SEC team over a 1 lose conference champ?  No

Do you take a 1 lose SEC team over an undefeated team? No

Do you take a 1 lose SEC Champ over an undefeated conference champ? Depends 

4 slots:  Clemson , Penn State, Wazzu/Wash St, TCU  could leave the SEC on the outside looking in if UGA/Bama/Auburn all have 1 lose.  I don't care if Auburn plays UGA/Clemson/Bama/UGA. I would hope they give Auburn the nod but there are other team with a better full body of work but if you were going to screw someone I expect it will be Wazzu or Wash St. 

Doesn't really matter I think you revisit this conversation first week in Nov as the landscape will be much different. 

I have to agree with most of what you said. However, 10-1 Auburn, losing a 1 score game to Clemson, then beating UGA, Bama, UGA gets in. That isn't SEC bias. That's reality. No way we lose to a playoff team by 1 score, then beat 2 top 5 teams (one of them twice)  and don't get in. 

Also Wazzu is Washington State. Just sayin.

But the rest I agree with

14 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

They won't let a conference champion sit out while having a non conference champion in the field. 

This literally happened last year, didn't it? (Ohio St. getting in vs. Penn St.) - Someone correct me if my memory is fuzzy.

This is my fear this year - of course we have a lot of tough games yet to win for this to have a chance to affect us negatively.

11 minutes ago, looney said:

This literally happened last year, didn't it? (Ohio St. getting in vs. Penn St.) - Someone correct me if my memory is fuzzy.

This is my fear this year - of course we have a lot of tough games yet to win for this to have a chance to affect us negatively.

Maybe. I don't remember. I guess I should of said, they won't let 2 of the same conference in, while a conference champion is left out.

If we don't win the SEC, I'm fine with this. Would be a huge step in the right direction for Gus. I expect NCs and this bowl gives us potential to be a top contender next year, as playing in it will mean we'll be highly ranked going into next season.

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Both of these couldn't be any further from reality. Especially since its impossible Bama finishes undefeated and UGA finishes undefeated. There is 0 chance that possibly happens.

I have to agree with most of what you said. However, 10-1 Auburn, losing a 1 score game to Clemson, then beating UGA, Bama, UGA gets in. That isn't SEC bias. That's reality. No way we lose to a playoff team by 1 score, then beat 2 top 5 teams (one of them twice)  and don't get in. 

Also Wazzu is Washington State. Just sayin.

But the rest I agree with

How is it impoimpossible for Uat and uga to be 12-0 going into the SEC Championship? If they are and it's a one score game both are in.

9 hours ago, wde1968 said:

How is it impoimpossible for Uat and uga to be 12-0 going into the SEC Championship? If they are and it's a one score game both are in.

It is possible for them to be going into the SEC Championship undefeated. It isn't possible for them to go into the playoffs undefeated. I appologize for the misunderstanding. But say they both go into that game undefeated, one will emerge victorious, and that team is the one who would make it to the CFP.

On 10/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

UGA is huge. We have got to snap this Bama streak, too. I'll take either one equally. 

What u talking about? I'll take both. With a Clemson rematch as 1vs4 in the playoffs. :)

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It is possible for them to be going into the SEC Championship undefeated. It isn't possible for them to go into the playoffs undefeated. I appologize for the misunderstanding. But say they both go into that game undefeated, one will emerge victorious, and that team is the one who would make it to the CFP.

Hopefully it won't matter and one or both of them will have a well-earned loss somewhere in the Lee County area...:Sing:

19 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You really think in that situation if bammer loses by 7 or less they get left out?

Archived