New Auburn bowl projection

ChaddScott

4 minutes ago, ChaddScott said:

Been a LONG time since Auburn played in this game; I don't think any Tiger fan would be complaining about the trip.

http://gridironnow.com/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-week-6/

You have posted in the one Auburn place where we would complain. I mean, much of the rhetoric on this site over the last week was people who were disappointed with an Ole Miss blowout. Most people on this board wouldn't be happy with anything less than a playoff berth, although a trip to the Orange Bowl would be pretty exciting.

The SEC needs better bowl tie-ins for non Big 6 games to freshen things up.

Screw Birmingham, Memphis, and Shreveport.  You think the Las Vegas bowl would turn down an SEC tie-in?  Hell no!  And that place is a lot more fun.

While we're at it, let's poach the Alamo Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl.  Sure NYC is cold, but it's a great place to see during the holidays.

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I like it! Hopefully that includes a win over Uga. That is the biggest game on the schedule for me. 

UGA is huge. We have got to snap this Bama streak, too. I'll take either one equally. 

I vote we play UGA in our bowl game so we can beat them TWICE this year.  

Tired of losing to them.

25 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Tired of losing to them.

That's what the SEC title game is for.

28 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Tired of losing to them.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's what the SEC title game is for.

Then we play bama in our bowl game and beat them both twice this year.  

:)

33 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Then we play bama in our bowl game and beat them both twice this year.  

:)

HA!  While I like the way you think, I'd just as soon be in the playoffs and let Bama enjoy the Orange Bowl.

The thing that jumps out to me is projecting Florida State playing Oregon, which I think is overly optimistic.  Florida State has a pretty tough road ahead just to get bowl eligible.

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

The thing that jumps out to me is projecting Florida State playing Oregon, which I think is overly optimistic.  Florida State has a pretty tough road ahead just to get bowl eligible.

yes, agreed.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

yes, agreed.

They have Delaware State left on the schedule as a rent-a-win, but I would not be surprised if they lose their road trip to Duke this weekend.  Then they get Louisville, which I suspect they lose.  Boston College and Syracuse could go either way, then they have road trips to Clemson and Florida.  Every team left on their schedule that is not named Delaware State smells blood in the water (and even Delaware State might).

Florida State has very clearly illustrated this year how completely pointless preseason rankings are.

We run the table and beat UGA again in the SEC title game.  CFP ends up with 1. Clemson, 2. Auburn, 3. Bama, 4. Penn State.  We beat Bama again and then get to finish the year by getting revenge on Clemson.

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

We run the table and beat UGA again in the SEC title game.  CFP ends up with 1. Clemson, 2. Auburn, 3. Bama, 4. Penn State.  We beat Bama again and then get to finish the year by getting revenge on Clemson.

At this point, Washington and Wazzou are still contenders, as are TCU and perhaps even Oklahoma if they win out.  An undefeated PAC-12 Champion, or an undefeated (or perhaps even one loss) Big 12 Champion is not likely to be sitting at home while Alabama gets yet another Playoff slot after failing to win to their division or conference.  I really do think the Committee is very disinterested in including two teams from the same conference (one of which that failed to win it), unless they have absolutely no other viable options.

5 hours ago, ChaddScott said:

Been a LONG time since Auburn played in this game; I don't think any Tiger fan would be complaining about the trip.

http://gridironnow.com/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-week-6/

Nope we are playing 3 teams twice. 

UAT Iron Bowl & First round playoffs

UGA reg season & SEC Championship 

Clemson reg season and National title game.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Screw Birmingham, Memphis, and Shreveport.  You think the Las Vegas bowl would turn down an SEC tie-in?  Hell no!  And that place is a lot more fun.

While we're at it, let's poach the Alamo Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl.  Sure NYC is cold, but it's a great place to see during the holidays.

You're right about NYC and we travel well there.  

Last year I was coming home at the end of my work week riding on Delta out of Newark.  I always sport my AU lapel pin and lanyard while in uniform and got more "War Eagles" than I could count.  Most of the airplane was wearing orange and blue on their way home from watching the basketball team play at MSG.  We severely outnumbered the Jawja lead flight attendant and Flawridah captain   

I'm still hoping for more out of this season, but a New Years Six bowl is not shabby.  

10 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I'm still hoping for more out of this season, but a New Years Six bowl is not shabby.  

Oh me too.  A New Year's Six Bowl or better would be great.  My attitude towards bowl games though is that if we aren't in the playoff, the game doesn't really matter.  At that point, I just want to go somewhere fun.  Take last year for example.  Had a blast even though we got drilled because NOLA is awesome.  But Birmingham, Shreveport, or a few others in the SEC bowl bucket?  No thanks.

Let's keep Orlando, Tampa, Nashville, & maybe Houston.  After that, I'm down for new suggestions.  Vegas would be #1 on my list, especially with a new pro stadium being built.

19 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Screw Birmingham, Memphis, and Shreveport.  

You are being more than kind with this Brad^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

19 hours ago, Auburn 6 said:

Orange Bowl vs Miami to save you a couple clicks. 

I would be more than happy to get this if our rival wasn't in the NC almost every year and we didn't have a team to compete for a NC right now. Been time for us to go back. 

On 10/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, gr82b4au said:

I like it! Hopefully that includes a win over Uga. That is the biggest game on the schedule for me. 

At this point in the season, I tend to agree. I see the Georgia game as winnable...not so much the Ala game at this point.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, Strychnine said:

At this point, Washington and Wazzou are still contenders, as are TCU and perhaps even Oklahoma if they win out.  An undefeated PAC-12 Champion, or an undefeated (or perhaps even one loss) Big 12 Champion is not likely to be sitting at home while Alabama gets yet another Playoff slot after failing to win to their division or conference.  I really do think the Committee is very disinterested in including two teams from the same conference (one of which that failed to win it), unless they have absolutely no other viable options.

I would love us to have that chance this year...but have to win this weekend for it to be viable.

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I would be more than happy to get this if our rival wasn't in the NC almost every year and we didn't have a team to compete for a NC right now. Been time for us to go back. 

We can compete if we keep CGM from calling plays and we stay moderately healthy.

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

I would love us to have that chance this year...but have to win this weekend for it to be viable.

Auburn has to win every weekend for it to be viable.

Given the state of the SEC this year (for teams not named Auburn, Alabama, or Georgia), there are several circumstances that end with a one-loss SEC Champion watching the playoffs at home.  There are also several circumstances where Auburn would be the only one loss SEC team worthy of being included.  SEC wins pale in comparison to the road the Big 12 and Big 10 champions will have had to pave to get those trophies.  It is October and only three SEC teams are in the top 25, and they are the only three that deserve to be.

Archived