ESPN OTL Report on Auburn football, AD

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mikey said:

This started well before the current century. There are pictures of a banner hanging across Toomer's Corner in 1957: "Auburn gives the world 24 hours to get out of town". I agree.

I freaking love that.  

there has been some mention of this in this thread ... referencing journalistic integrity ... i've said this a few times on this forum ... sports media IS NOT real journalism!  It is gosip entertainment pretending to be journalism.  In general, sports media are the lowest scum of the "journalism" pool.  (quite frankly I think journalism in general sucks in this country, but that is probably better suited for the politics forum)

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

there has been some mention of this in this thread ... referencing journalistic integrity ... i've said this a few times on this forum ... sports media IS NOT real journalism!  It is gosip entertainment pretending to be journalism.  In general, sports media are the lowest scum of the "journalism" pool.  (quite frankly I think journalism in general sucks in this country, but that is probably better suited for the politics forum)

So true but if you have been following the NFL controversy it seems that a number or sports media people are trying to upgrade their status by becoming involved in political issues....and not surprisingly, they know even less about the political issues of the NFL than they do about college issues but that has not stopped them from jumping on that train. 

If you find any truth  or enlightenment in a  BSPN or SI internet site it's accidental.

5 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Talk about sleazy crap.  Now USA Today has done an article and they not only weave in the basketball and softball stories they use our hiring of the law firm to go all the back to the Ramsey tapes and lies from 15 years ago.  I'm not linking it because it is trash journalism at its worst.  

Just like I said last night. We have been seen in a negative light since the Ramsey ordeal. And most Auburn people say they "don't care" how auburn is looked upon by the media and nation as a whole. Hopefully people DO start caring about that stuff. Then maybe we would have the Kahuna's to make someone like ESPN retract and correct their story. But as things are today and have been for quite some time that won't happen because people don't care how we are looked at by the national media. Maybe someday they'll start caring. Don't know what it's going to take though...

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There is some talk out there that this 'leak' was an inside job aimed more at putting another mark on Jay Jacobs than anything from the outside trying to derail the football team.  Not sure how much credence to put in that, but I don't know that I can dismiss it out of hand.

I could very much see this being true

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

tenor.gif

Just heard from a friend who I knew took 18 hours that semester and didn't have time to focus on a required class that was not worth the effort...

Also it helps to have another device handy that way it doesn't matter if your screen is locked or not. I heard from a guy whose cousins sisters friend did something like that or so I'm told...

3 hours ago, shabby said:

Wow, if this accounting is true then ESPN knowingly participated in throwing out journalistic integrity in pursuit of clicks.  pathetic. Thanks for the clarity on this

It's ESPN does this really surprise you?

43 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I was kidding when I said this before, but now I stand by my claims ?

Good call

27 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I agree there's no such thing as journalistic integrity or even real journalism anymore. Doesn't matter if it's political, Headline News, or Sports. There's always an ulterior motive and the lack of doing basic things like checking facts on pretty much any mainstream media these days

21 hours ago, Tiger said:

Could this be Antuan Jackson related? Urban loves to to undercut us when we have a stud QB and are a real Threat. Totally throwing ideas out randomly here... What former player could have a reason to do this? 

Urban didn't do it, the REC/machine didn't do it, a former AU player didn't do it.  This is an inside job, there's no other reason to write an ill conceived and totally false article that's not even about a current football player all the while airing AU's dirty laundry list of multiple AU sports programs that are under investigation other than to try to publicly pop Jay Jacobs with another black eye.

Baseball, rumor's of women's basketball, softball, men's basketball are all under some sort of internal/external investigation.  Have we put Lightfoot/Franklin on a damn permanent retainer? 

Bottom line, who's running the show?  With at least 3 programs under investigation - Does the Institution have Control?

2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah you're exactly right. I listen to them pretty often too and thats spot on.  They made some illusory reference to how this type thing goes on everywhere and then they moved on.   

You two gus are better men than me. That Leber-Retard makes me want to stick an ice pick in the side of my head any time I  even hear his voice. But, that's just me.

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

Urban didn't do it, the REC/machine didn't do it, a former AU player didn't do it.  This is an inside job, there's no other reason to write an ill conceived and totally false article that's not even about a current football player all the while airing AU's dirty laundry list of multiple AU sports programs that are under investigation other than to try to publicly pop Jay Jacobs with another black eye.

Baseball, rumor's of women's basketball, softball, men's basketball are all under some sort of internal/external investigation.  Have we put Lightfoot/Franklin on a damn permanent retainer? 

Bottom line, who's running the show?  With at least 3 programs under investigation - Does the Institution have Control?

I'd hate to see what a school that gets slapped with "lack on institutional control" looks like if we aren't treading those waters right now

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

You two gus are better men than me. That Leber-Retard makes me want to stick an ice pick in the side of my head any time I  even hear his voice. But, that's just me.

How come?

I like how he's kind of the anti-sport's journalist journalist

Just now, Tiger said:

Why?

Probably just a fault of mine man. Can't stand loud boisterous people. He just gets under my skin. For that matter, most all the verbose sports talk commentators, who seem to be in love with the sound of their own voice drive me nuts. But, you're talking to the guy who can't stand to be in the same room with his sister in law, because she talks too much!

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'd hate to see what a school that gets slapped with "lack on institutional control" looks like if we aren't treading those waters right now

Look not further than Ole Miss.  Women's basketball, Track & Field, and a Football program where the core of the Athletic Department orchestrated and organized a widespread Booster/Recruit/Player organization spanning over a dozen named Boosters and over 3 dozen recruits and student athletes where the rogues couldn't stop cheating WHILE UNDER NCAA INVESTIGATION!

Throw Academic Fraud for a real kicker.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Probably just a fault of mine man. Can't stand loud boisterous people. He just gets under my skin. For that matter, most all the verbose sports talk commentators, who seem to be in love with the sound of their own voice drive me nuts. But, you're talking to the guy who can't stand to be in the same room with his sister in law, because she talks too much!

I understand what you're saying. I feel that way about Cowherd actually. And sometimes Bomani Jones' "I know everything" tone gets under my skin...totally can relate on the sister-in-law thing. I need to limit my exposure to people with jabberjaw tendencies or I get really annoyed lol.

Now that I think about it, I think I actually prefer the other "characters" on the le Batard show (specifically Gret Cote on Tuesdays) to Dan as he can get a soap boxy at times. His team has recognized this and they actually fine him on air when his tone gets like that lol

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

Look not further than Ole Miss.  Women's basketball, Track & Field, and a Football program where the core of the Athletic Department orchestrated and organized a widespread Booster/Recruit/Player organization spanning over a dozen named Boosters and over 3 dozen recruits and student athletes where the rogues couldn't stop cheating WHILE UNDER NCAA INVESTIGATION!

Thank God for Mississippi

This has nothing to do with our current football program or even AU sports at all. This is a non story about a regular student supposedly not taking a final exam that has been debunked by the university. 

It is a hit piece within an organization that is know for spreading agendas and terrible journalism.

The university has known about this for months. Whoever leaked the story wanted it to happen during LSU week when they thought it might hurt us the most. Problem is - the idiots did not check their facts and it has nothing to do with AU athletics. 

23 minutes ago, keesler said:

The Auburn AD thinks it was leaked by someone on the inside. And from what I'm told he is finally right about something. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There is some talk out there that this 'leak' was an inside job aimed more at putting another mark on Jay Jacobs than anything from the outside trying to derail the football team.  Not sure how much credence to put in that, but I don't know that I can dismiss it out of hand.

Why not....as I suggested a while back...some folks might view this as the cost of doing business.....like that saying ...if you want to make an omelet you have to break some eggs.  

So we get rid of JJ and then get a real AD who will then hire is a real football coach.......like.....uh, uh.....well, we can deal with that when the time comes....lets just get rid of JJ and if it costs us a couple years of going to a nothing bowl like the Sugar Bowl or something that's a reasonable price to pay....:-\

ESPN, being ESPN. I wish we would just ban them from the city of Auburn altogether. Broadcast the game, and get out. No pre- game day access to coaches, or players, no College Gameday, and no pre, or post game interviews. I'm expecting them to break a story any day that Auburn had been colluding with the Russians.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The Auburn AD thinks it was leaked by someone on the inside. And from what I'm told he is finally right about something. 

THANK YOU!

I caught wind of the exact same thing last night.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And before I get the "you hate Auburn" here, no one I know would ever do something like this. 

Honest to God, with the most recent sh!t coming out of Auburn from a coach sleeping with his players all the way to a highly regarded former player turned AU Coach (Chuck) getting investigated by the FBI and later arrested, NOTHING surprises me anymore. 

It's like some wacked out reality TV show - "Crazy Days in AU Athletics."  :banghead:

28 minutes ago, keesler said:

Honest to God, with the most recent sh!t coming out of Auburn from a coach sleeping with his players all the way to a highly regarded former player turned AU Coach (Chuck) getting investigated by the FBI and later arrested, NOTHING surprises me anymore. 

It's like some wacked out reality TV show - "Crazy Days in AU Athletics."  :banghead:

Agreed! Ever think you woke up this morning in the Twilight Zone? Just who is in charge. The preponderance of stories is simply mind boggling. 

6 minutes ago, auskull said:

Agreed! Ever think you woke up this morning in the Twilight Zone? Just who is in charge. The preponderance of stories is simply mind boggling. 

Twilight Zone indeed!

Sex, corruption, secrets, espionage, leaks, rats, moles, illicit affairs, spying, bribery,  fraud, conspiracy.......Reckon Steve Leach feels like he bit off more than he can chew?:dead:

Schlabach has taken a turn for the worse ever since CSS went under and ESPN picked him up. Promising journalist a few years ago but now has written barely anything but opinion pieces that aren't backed up much by facts at all. I don't know what it is but these guys can't get it through their heads that Gus is as squeaky clean as you can be. 

Archived