ESPN OTL Report on Auburn football, AD

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

So did Auburn hire a law firm to investigate this or not?

Probably.....you always have to go outside to have any kind of credible investigation.   This kind of stuff is part of the "Lawyer's Employment Security Act" I think.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

So did Auburn hire a law firm to investigate this or not?

Not THIS, but yes. And the answers were boring, apparently. I'm glad for that.

It has come to the point in "journalism" (and I use that word loosely), that there needs to be a way to pursue financial reparations for publishing fake news. I am so sick of not knowing what is real and what isn't anymore. :sad2:

5 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

You two gus are better men than me. That Leber-Retard makes me want to stick an ice pick in the side of my head any time I  even hear his voice. But, that's just me.

I understand. There are days I feel that way too. 

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I understand what you're saying. I feel that way about Cowherd actually. And sometimes Bomani Jones' "I know everything" tone gets under my skin...totally can relate on the sister-in-law thing. I need to limit my exposure to people with jabberjaw tendencies or I get really annoyed lol.

Now that I think about it, I think I actually prefer the other "characters" on the le Batard show (specifically Gret Cote on Tuesdays) to Dan as he can get a soap boxy at times. His team has recognized this and they actually fine him on air when his tone gets like that lol

Oh, I can't stand that Cowherd. Glad he is not in my social circle. Two minutes in his presence, and I would be choking him unmercifully. 

Just now, milehighfan said:

How many out there think the rec has its slimy finger prints all over this? 

That was my first reaction but a couple of folks on here have suggested this was an inside leak designed to further take down Jay Jacobs and I tend to lean that way.  Really unless we are missing something this "incident" would have no effect on the football program since it was a former player and it seems there is no evidence anyway but it still makes the AD look bad so it very well could have been someone trying to push JJ further out the door.....but don't ever count out the REC either.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

That was my first reaction but a couple of folks on here have suggested this was an inside leak designed to further take down Jay Jacobs and I tend to lean that way.  Really unless we are missing something this "incident" would have no effect on the football program since it was a former player and it seems there is no evidence anyway but it still makes the AD look bad so it very well could have been someone trying to push JJ further out the door.....but don't ever count out the REC either.

Yeah, I read the same thing and maybe, maybe JJ is possibly being shown the door. But there is also a scathing article over on SEC Country which does not paint Auburn's athletic department in a favorable light. It covers many years, when JJ wasn't the AD. 

Just now, milehighfan said:

Yeah, I read the same thing and maybe, maybe JJ is possibly being shown the door. But there is also a scathing article over on SEC Country which does not paint Auburn's athletic department in a favorable light. It covers many years, when JJ wasn't the AD. 

Well I've heard things all my life about Auburn's Athletic Dept and I'm sure some of it is true.  We've definitely had our problems over the years. 

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Well I've heard things all my life about Auburn's Athletic Dept and I'm sure some of it is true.  We've definitely had our problems over the years. 

I guess all of us Auburn fans have heard the good and the bad regarding the athletic department. How many remember seeing the picture of RF in class checking his eyelids for cracks? Do you think anyone was hired to take a final for him? Probably not. Foster may not have even known what class he was in.

Ok I just read the SEC Country article and trying to be as impartial as possible there is a lot in that article that is stretching to make AU look much worse than it has been.  Not to mention you can't tell me that things like easy majors and grade fixing haven't taken place at every major football program in the country.  The hiring of Bruce Pearl has nothing to do with what Person did.  Person would have done what he did under any head coach and call me naive but I don't think Pearl knew about it.  The Petrino thing was not a "scandal". That was overblown because of the way we did it but really schools do that all the time in pursuit of a coach.  The assumption that Auburn was guilty of something in the Cam situation is ludicrous considering we got the equivalent of a full body cavity search from the NCAA that turned up zilch on AU.  I could go on but that article is obviously painted to make AU look bad.  Now one thing it got right is we have lost the perception battle without a doubt.   Cleaning out the AD might help with that but the rest of the country will not change their minds about us. 

Edit...and just to add to this, Chris Walsh is a beat writer for the Turds and while not a bama grad he currently resides in tuscaloser.  This article was clearly written to that audience.  

41 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Ok I just read the SEC Country article and trying to be as impartial as possible there is a lot in that article that is stretching to make AU look much worse than it has been.  Not to mention you can't tell me that things like easy majors and grade fixing haven't taken place at every major football program in the country.  The hiring of Bruce Pearl has nothing to do with what Person did.  Person would have done what he did under any head coach and call me naive but I don't think Pearl knew about it.  The Petrino thing was not a "scandal". That was overblown because of the way we did it but really schools do that all the time in pursuit of a coach.  The assumption that Auburn was guilty of something in the Cam situation is ludicrous considering we got the equivalent of a full body cavity search from the NCAA that turned up zilch on AU.  I could go on but that article is obviously painted to make AU look bad.  Now one thing it got right is we have lost the perception battle without a doubt.   Cleaning out the AD might help with that but the rest of the country will not change their minds about us. 

Edit...and just to add to this, Chris Walsh is a beat writer for the Turds and while not a bama grad he currently resides in tuscaloser.  This article was clearly written to that audience.  

most of the stuff on al.com seems to written for the bammer audience since they can be counted on to read almost anything about AU....and times 10 if the headline is a negative statement.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

most of the stuff on al.com seems to written for the bammer audience since they can be counted on to read almost anything about AU....and times 10 if the headline is a negative statement.  

you think? updyke.com is a marketing arm for uat. It's run by bammers, and the hacks that work there are all bammers (even the AU beat writers) and required and told to run pro uat material daily. All Auburn articles must have a negative slant somewhere in the article or headline.

Archived