OnthePlains

Just now, OnthePlains said:

HAHA, I feel your pain.  My youngest sister became a bammer.  I feel I failed somehow as a big brother.  I bet he got real quiet in that 4th quarter though! 

It was pure silence in that stadium for a while. You could hear a pin drop it seemed. And then my brother pulls his crap... 

But i don't feel I failed as a big brother. I'm the only Auburn fan in my entire family. I feel like I'm the only one with any sense, lol.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It was pure silence in that stadium for a while. You could hear a pin drop it seemed. And then my brother pulls his crap... 

But i don't feel I failed as a big brother. I'm the only Auburn fan in my entire family. I feel like I'm the only one with any sense, lol.

Amen to that.  War Eagle!

Regarding LSU, I only went to one Auburn-LSU game in Baton Rouge. The Earthquake Game. Many that was a long drive home. We drove down from Auburn that day and back that night.

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Regarding LSU, I only went to one Auburn-LSU game in Baton Rouge. The Earthquake Game. Many that was a long drive home. We drove down from Auburn that day and back that night.

I was at the 97 game. We stayed with some friends of my parents and went to New Orleans after. That was my first time to go to New Orleans. It was a great trip! 

I always love this game. LSU is my 2nd favorite team in the SEC. Most of my family (at least my dad's side) went to LSU. I still have my grandfather's patch from being in the marching band at LSU in the late 30s or early 40s. I hate seeing them down like they are this year. They are playing like they down on the Curley Hallman days...before Gerry DiNardo bad...

To this day I can see in my mind's eye, Byron Franklin dropping a td pass after Auburn blocked an LSU punt in the 1980 game. 1st and goal, under a minute left in the game. And he drops it. LSU won 21 to 17.

I was there @ JH all those years ago. Still can't believe Curley Hallman allowed qb to throw over the middle over and over and over again. To quote Wayne Hall "We scored every time we had the ball"...?

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

My favorite!

My first memory of Auburn v LSU.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

this w/o a doubt

this is #2

The 9:00 mark in 2002 game is the perfect way to defend an option.  

Also there are a lot of future head coaches in this game.  Dooley, Muschamp, Jimbo, and Chizik.

I've only been to one that I can recall.  Last year.  I copied this summation...just goes to show you don't have to have a stellar year to appreciate an Auburn win...over LSU.  Nailbiter to the end. Goodbye, Mad Hatter.

"Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson kicked six field goals to upset #18 LSU 18–13 at Jordan-Hare Stadium. LSU appeared to score the winning touchdown on the last play of the game, but after video review the game clock had expired prior to the snap, thus nullifying the score. A first quarter score by LSU would be the only touchdown of the game. After three field goals Auburn would take a 9–7 lead into halftime. In the second half LSU would score two field goals while Auburn would add three more giving Auburn the 18–13 victory. LSU head coach Les Miles was terminated the following day."

:wareagle:

Archived