Null



Sign in to follow this  
Auhud08

Stidham

Recommended Posts

SIAP

Heard today on JOX that this past week was the first time Stidham has been able/allowed to make checks at the line. I think @JMR mentioned this in his review. No flame on coaches as it takes some time for them to build trust in a player, but I’ll be watching this more closely as season moves along. This is a HUGE step forward in QB development if it keeps progressing

Edited by Auhud08
Wording
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




33 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

SIAP

Heard today on JOX that this past week was the first time Stidham has been able/allowed to make checks at the line. I think @JMR mentioned this in his review. No flame on coaches as it takes some time for them to build trust in a player, but I’ll be watching this more closely as season moves along. This is a HUGE step forward in QB development if it keeps progressing

  • I saw Jarrett Stidham change the pass protection several times in this game. That is a HUGE improvement and will help prevent negative plays

From @JMR review 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only did he check off several times, we actually changed the snap count up. And it paid huge dividends. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:
  • I saw Jarrett Stidham change the pass protection several times in this game. That is a HUGE improvement and will help prevent negative plays

From @JMR review 

Thanks i knew he mentioned it. Did not realize he literally made the statement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Thanks i knew he mentioned it. Did not realize he literally made the statement...

Cole Cubelic said the same on the broadcast last week during the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not only did he check off several times, we actually changed the snap count up. And it paid huge dividends. 

Yeah that’s something I noticed. Didn’t know it was his first week being allowed though. Glad they implemented this BEFORE Death Valley 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's absolutely not changing the play.  It's been an idiotic function of Malzahn's offense the entire time he's been at Auburn..  If he ever gives him the ability to really "check with me" at warp speed (and not simply adjust pass pro) we will be unstoppable.  Can you imagine the day when we don't run the same play three times in a row at "Auburn fast".  It's like the coach in the dugout calling every pitch and not allowing a pitcher to shake off the call.  Because the coach can sense what's really going on from the dugout (or sideline).

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

SIAP

Heard today on JOX that this past week was the first time Stidham has been able/allowed to make checks at the line. I think @JMR mentioned this in his review. No flame on coaches as it takes some time for them to build trust in a player, but I’ll be watching this more closely as season moves along. This is a HUGE step forward in QB development if it keeps progressing

Exactly the kind of thing we should've let him practice against GSU and Mercer. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly the kind of thing we should've let him practice against GSU and Mercer. 

 

I am a big fan of using the rent-a-win games for exactly what they are:  practice in a game setting.  As sloppy as it was, I was glad to see the offense obviously working on passing against Mercer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly the kind of thing we should've let him practice against GSU and Mercer. 

We barely beat Mercer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alexava said:

We barely beat Mercer. 

Yep. Our offensive coaching was bad that day in many ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this