Stidham

Auhud08

SIAP

Heard today on JOX that this past week was the first time Stidham has been able/allowed to make checks at the line. I think @JMR mentioned this in his review. No flame on coaches as it takes some time for them to build trust in a player, but I’ll be watching this more closely as season moves along. This is a HUGE step forward in QB development if it keeps progressing

33 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

SIAP

Heard today on JOX that this past week was the first time Stidham has been able/allowed to make checks at the line. I think @JMR mentioned this in his review. No flame on coaches as it takes some time for them to build trust in a player, but I’ll be watching this more closely as season moves along. This is a HUGE step forward in QB development if it keeps progressing

• I saw Jarrett Stidham change the pass protection several times in this game. That is a HUGE improvement and will help prevent negative plays

From @JMR review 

Not only did he check off several times, we actually changed the snap count up. And it paid huge dividends. 

13 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:
  • I saw Jarrett Stidham change the pass protection several times in this game. That is a HUGE improvement and will help prevent negative plays

From @JMR review 

Thanks i knew he mentioned it. Did not realize he literally made the statement...

15 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Thanks i knew he mentioned it. Did not realize he literally made the statement...

Cole Cubelic said the same on the broadcast last week during the game.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not only did he check off several times, we actually changed the snap count up. And it paid huge dividends. 

Yeah that’s something I noticed. Didn’t know it was his first week being allowed though. Glad they implemented this BEFORE Death Valley 

He's absolutely not changing the play.  It's been an idiotic function of Malzahn's offense the entire time he's been at Auburn..  If he ever gives him the ability to really "check with me" at warp speed (and not simply adjust pass pro) we will be unstoppable.  Can you imagine the day when we don't run the same play three times in a row at "Auburn fast".  It's like the coach in the dugout calling every pitch and not allowing a pitcher to shake off the call.  Because the coach can sense what's really going on from the dugout (or sideline).

13 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

SIAP

Exactly the kind of thing we should've let him practice against GSU and Mercer. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I am a big fan of using the rent-a-win games for exactly what they are:  practice in a game setting.  As sloppy as it was, I was glad to see the offense obviously working on passing against Mercer.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We barely beat Mercer. 

Archived