Kyle Davis didn't make trip (Updated: Likely done @Auburn)

CR

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CR said:

Anyone know anything about Kyle Davis? I heard nothing til right before kickoff.

No

My guess is he has issues — family, behavior, mental health, whatever. No idea, but that’s usually what it boils down to with kids who miss things for “undisclosed, personal reasons.”

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

As if we needed any further proof that Gus has lost control.

Not sure that’s accurate, although I assume it’s for the same reason he was out in the spring. He may not be on the team much longer...

19 minutes ago, Shift said:

When asked in the post game press conference, Gus said it was between him and KD.  Whatever that means.............

He probably asked Gus why he came here to block for 1st and 2nd down runs that rarely reach the secondary.

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

If I’m Kyle Davis and NCM I transfer.  Both could be weapons on better coached teams.  Their talent is being wasted here.  

Funny....we say that frequently but usually when a player leaves here that's about the end of  his career.   (Roc being about the only exception I can think of)..    Some guys just are not college material for whatever reason....and JMO but its usually not an AU issue and the problems are more than just football..

Just now, AU64 said:

Funny....we say that frequently but usually when a player leaves here that's about the end of  his career.   (Roc being about the only exception I can think of)..    Some guys just are not college material for whatever reason....and JMO but its usually not an AU issue and the problems are more than just football..

Kyle Davis and NCM have lots of talent but Kodi Burns is not a WR coach.  He was hired out of nepotism.  Gus Malzahn has proven he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.  If you put Davis and NCM on other teams they are a weapon.  It’s coaching pure and simple.

If they are as good as you say they are, is it really coaching?   Wouldn’t they be able to get open and separation more frequently.  Not saying coaching is not a problem, but I don’t think they are as good as their rankings made it out.   Obviously, KD has issues and can’t separate it from football 

^When you have this many highly touted players on offense turn out to be busts, who else can you blame it on other than the coaches?

Archived