Kyle Davis didn't make trip (Updated: Likely done @Auburn)

CR

48 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I’ve been meaning to post this all day and kept forgetting. He also liked a few positive auburn posts FWIW. 

IMO not a good move on his part since he couldn’t even travel with the team. 

Don't think he cares anymore...NCM was inconsolable yesterday..Sad..Both those guys were supposed to be elite for us but how can they be under these circumstances.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • TitanTiger changed the title to Kyle Davis didn't make trip (Updated: Likely done @Auburn)

What have we done to deserve this?!!!!

Can't say I'm surprised though...Nothing surprises me anymore. Get the kids and pets out cuz the house is on fire.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:49 AM, aubaseball said:

If they are as good as you say they are, is it really coaching?   Wouldn’t they be able to get open and separation more frequently.  Not saying coaching is not a problem, but I don’t think they are as good as their rankings made it out.   Obviously, KD has issues and can’t separate it from football 

With nothing but Hail Marys do you really think talent alone is enough to just get them wide open?

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Kyle Davis is likely done as an Auburn Tiger, according to Bryan Matthews (Rivals).

KD probably feels defrauded coming to Auburn and believing the BS about opening up the passing game and receiving a chance to earn an opportunity to excel as a receiver.

I'll be much happier when I see reports saying Gus Malzahn is likely done as Auburn's head football coach.  Until then, I understand players struggling with the fact that they chose to play under that moron.

11 minutes ago, AU Counsel said:

KD probably feels defrauded coming to Auburn and believing the BS about opening up the passing game and receiving a chance to earn an opportunity to excel as a receiver.

I'll be much happier when I see reports saying Gus Malzahn is likely done as Auburn's head football coach.  Until then, I understand players struggling with the fact that they chose to play under that moron.

This isn't on Gus.  This is on Kyle.

23 minutes ago, AU Counsel said:

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If it were any other WR (or backup RB for that matter), I would totally agree with Counsel. As it stands, I agree with Titan.

Kinda felt all along that people were acting awfully casual about him missing the entire spring. 

I agree that KD did this, but when this and other destructive habit begin showing up in your department, you have to ask yourself do you have the proper person in charge. Since Gus first arrived with Chizik in 2009 there has been a lot of these events that I don’t remember seeing before. Players being killed due to being in places or conditions they should not have been in. Many players getting substance abuse or even crimes. Just down and look from Dyer till now at the troubles our players have gotten into. Normally when this much goes on the boss is usually looking for a new job.

19 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

He shouldn't be liking anything on anything. He sucked all year, he's got issues obviously. Leave the bashing to us fans and get your own shite together home boy. 

Don't you for a second insinuate Kyle Davis sucked. He was better than the rest of the receiver corps sans Ryan Davis combined. This team cant even throw the damn ball without him 

22 hours ago, AcUmen said:

I've heard a rumor that it is substance abuse issues -- the kind that requires rehab.  No first hand sources, no inside info, but the rumors are pretty strong at this point (and probably accurate).

You would be correct.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This seems to happen far too frequently at AU. I'd say we have more of an "ecosystem" problem in our department, from the top down. This is just a result of that system "doing what it does" that we've seen many times before. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is turning out to be much like 2015. Overrated, undertalented by the week, and overall ******* depressing 

Between Auburn's game and then watching the Falcons pretty much do the same thing, I'm going camping this coming weekend.  I prefer not to spend my weekends pissed off.

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree that KD did this, but when this and other destructive habit begin showing up in your department, you have to ask yourself do you have the proper person in charge. Since Gus first arrived with Chizik in 2009 there has been a lot of these events that I don’t remember seeing before. Players being killed due to being in places or conditions they should not have been in. Many players getting substance abuse or even crimes. Just down and look from Dyer till now at the troubles our players have gotten into. Normally when this much goes on the boss is usually looking for a new job.

There are plenty of reasons to question Gus, but Kyle brought this problem with him from High School. 

WHY does AU get so many head cases that are top rated players?  Jovon Robinson, Duke Williams, Kyle Davis.....the list continues to grow.  Then you have the whiffs on "top rated" players that don't pan out or just leave the team to get playing time elsewhere....  I need to find a new hobby as AU football has gotten way too frustrating.  

Sounds like Canella is moving on too if you believe folks on AU Undercover.    

47 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I didn't realize he was such an avid skier.....

Learned from the Dolphin’s ex OL coach...

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

There are plenty of reasons to question Gus, but Kyle brought this problem with him from High School. 

So if that’s true why did someone not do their homework ?Are we accepting people with problems just to hike our recruit ratings? Again since 2009 I have seen way to much of this. Players doing spice and carrying guns. 4 players arrested for armed robbery. Multiple drug and DUI  experiences. Quite a few players moving on because of substance abuse or fighting. Duke and our RB last year. SWand now Kyle and folks are saying both came in from Highschool with known problems. I can tell you if I’m a CEO and I got a manager that keep hiring drunks, druggies and hoods, I’m going to fire him due to his lack of judgement if nothing else. We are not Second Chance U !!!

I hate to hear that for him. Hopefully, he gets his life pointed in the right direction. 

I am sure that a lot of coaches think that if they can just get some of these young men on campus, that they can be “fixed” with all the resources that are available. It’s a calculated risk. 

18 hours ago, AidiAU said:

KD needs to follow the rules. 

NCM - I saw the picture of him saying he was inconsolable. I figured he would be a huge target this year...unless he’s still injured, but he’s playing so ??‍♀️.

What is this picture?

33 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Don't you for a second insinuate Kyle Davis sucked. He was better than the rest of the receiver corps sans Ryan Davis combined. This team cant even throw the damn ball without him 

"Wait, what?"

- Will Hastings

58 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gus has actually cleaned up the program when he inherited it from Chizik.  The arrest rate has dropped with Gus, while other programs have remained steady or gone up like UGA and Oklahoma.  Mitchell's death also can't be pinned on anyone.  Where he was killed was in an apartment complex that was the old Exchange, across the street from the new Exchange near Walmart on College Street.  It was a gated complex that was student-housing only.  I knew people who lived there, and I lived in the new Exchange for a year.  It was a safe place to be, like the new Exchange or Aspen Heights is.  Very unfortunate circumstance.

I did a thread on this a few months ago with more updated numbers, but here is a link that is from 2015:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815/

Archived