Kyle Davis didn't make trip (Updated: Likely done @Auburn)

CR

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Don't you for a second insinuate Kyle Davis sucked. He was better than the rest of the receiver corps sans Ryan Davis combined. This team cant even throw the damn ball without him 

Mod Edit:  We DO NOT bash the players here, under any circumstances

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

Mod Edit:  We DO NOT bash the players here, under any circumstances

The slot receiver in most of these play calls seems to get the most unique play routes. The outside receivers basically get seam/go routes. KD is a receiver that can catch contested balls as he has done a couple times this season. Either fault Stidham for being incapable of getting the ball to a 50/50 spot (something Danny Etling can even do), fault the coaches for not making him a target for 50/50 routes (something Ed Orgeron can even do), or fault him for being incapable of breaking down the CB 1 of other teams with simple streak routes (something I'd hope nobody would do), but there's only so much he can realistically do. Its not like he's facing stationary targets that dont know the tendencies of our 3 passing plays. They spend time studying film too

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Sorry if I affended you but we should be concerned with what we see happening. I know young people make mistakes with booze and alcohol I did too. But the level of violence I see now is way past what I have seen in years before. It wasn’t just being in the wrong place in a few of these incidents it was our players that had guns. If you want to turn your head and act like it’s not happening then be my guest. Truth is it is happening way more than it should.

What has changed is people's access to information. 

2 minutes ago, AUHighPlainsDrifter said:

This is correct.

wde

Just now, AUHighPlainsDrifter said:

That is true. But what bothers me is the level of violence that I have been seeing. Maybe times are changing but I follow a lot and there are definitely things that have happened here over the past few years that raise major red flags. 

I’ll say this also KD was a talented player when he got here. What has happened here may well be his fault. But the fact that we couldn’t use him and convince him to be successful worries me. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That is true. But what bothers me is the level of violence that I have been seeing. Maybe times are changing but I follow a lot and there are definitely things that have happened here over the past few years that raise major red flags. 

There was violence in the Dye and Tuberville years too.  Maybe not killings (which is just a sign of the times with no relation to Chizik or Gus), but plenty of violence and crime.  It was covered up better then.

wde

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Ugh...best WR we have not named Hastings.

NCM would have 30 catches this year and be a household name if he played for Ole Miss. 

47 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

NCM would have 30 catches this year and be a household name if he played for Ole Miss. 

And Stidham would have put up video game numbers in a couple of our games.

Don’t know if this is the right thread, but I firmly believe the moment that cost us the game was when Gus decided to punt on 4th and 1 midfield with 6 minutes remaining. Offense was starting to gain momentum and if you had Stidham sneak it from under center, you would’ve made the first down and given the unit the confidence to get into Daniel’s range and burn a ton of clock. Absolutely convinced we would have won if Gus showed some, well you know.

Idiot.

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Don’t know if this is the right thread, but I firmly believe the moment that cost us the game was when Gus decided to punt on 4th and 1 midfield with 6 minutes remaining. Offense was starting to gain momentum and if you had Stidham sneak it from under center, you would’ve made the first down and given the unit the confidence to get into Daniel’s range and burn a ton of clock. Absolutely convinced we would have won if Gus showed some, well you know.

Idiot.

Agree

17 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Gus has actually cleaned up the program when he inherited it from Chizik.  The arrest rate has dropped with Gus, while other programs have remained steady or gone up like UGA and Oklahoma.  Mitchell's death also can't be pinned on anyone.  Where he was killed was in an apartment complex that was the old Exchange, across the street from the new Exchange near Walmart on College Street.  It was a gated complex that was student-housing only.  I knew people who lived there, and I lived in the new Exchange for a year.  It was a safe place to be, like the new Exchange or Aspen Heights is.  Very unfortunate circumstance.

I did a thread on this a few months ago with more updated numbers, but here is a link that is from 2015:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815/

To clarify here, Tiger Lodge is NOWHERE near safe. 

Though it's gated, it definitely has a problem with TOO MANY SHADY characters, locals, and Tuskeegee students that aren't focused on school. Its a KNOWN bad-space and even the Auburn track coaches restricted their athletes from living there. (Source: Briefly with the team + lived with 2 track athletes in the Social. Right across from Tiger Lodge.) Shootings happened there all the time when I was at Auburn. (15-16)

Not saying this to refute what you were saying, but I've heard a lot about that joint. Including from Mix, Mitchell's close friend. A lot of which I'm not really at liberty to share on a public board.

Bottom line, it was a no-go zone still. 

10 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

To clarify here, Tiger Lodge is NOWHERE near safe. 

Though it's gated, it definitely has a problem with TOO MANY SHADY characters, locals, and Tuskeegee students that aren't focused on school. Its a KNOWN bad-space and even the Auburn track coaches restricted their athletes from living there. (Source: Briefly with the team + lived with 2 track athletes in the Social. Right across from Tiger Lodge.) Shootings happened there all the time when I was at Auburn. (15-16)

Not saying this to refute what you were saying, but I've heard a lot about that joint. Including from Mix, Mitchell's close friend. A lot of which I'm not really at liberty to share on a public board.

Bottom line, it was a no-go zone still. 

You could be right, as I graduated in 2013 and don't keep tabs on all of the apartment complexes.  :laugh:  I just know when I was there, before the shooting, many students lived there, including fraternity brothers of mine.  The complex had a different name at the time, and was forced to change since the complex name was all over the news.  The Reserve had to change too.  I lived in the (new) Exchange across the street when Fairley lived there in 2010.  Talking about it now seems like forever ago.  I thought it was a nice area though.  The bus ride into Auburn was terrible though.  Took an hour to get home.  Luckily I found an apartment in Eagles Landing that was a stones throw from downtown Auburn and the campus.

Just now, abw0004 said:

You could be right, as I graduated in 2013 and don't keep tabs on all of the apartment complexes.  :laugh:  I just know when I was there, before the shooting, many students lived there, including fraternity brothers of mine.  The complex had a different name at the time, and was forced to change since the complex name was all over the news.  The Reserve had to change too.  I lived in the (new) Exchange across the street when Fairley lived there in 2010.  Talking about it now seems like forever ago.  I thought it was a nice area though.  The bus ride into Auburn was terrible though.  Took an hour to get home.  Luckily I found an apartment in Eagles Landing that was a stones throw from downtown Auburn and the campus.

The change has been terrible for it, believe it or not.

It definitely seemed like it could've been an amazing area, however, now it's pretty much blown and management hasn't helped it out by literally allowing it to become the "Trap". Nonetheless, local presence and everything has been bad there for a while now. Even before I was there.

Archived