Fire Gus tomorrow. Fire Jay Jacobs today!!

AUIH1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I'm thinking a jar of Habu sake. Very reminiscent of Gus's relationship with Auburn. Delicious liquor with a damn snake in it.

And I thought tequila had issues!  :Sing:

Another 7-5 or at best, 8-4  season. This is with 3 powderpuff games on the schedule. Gus is basically a 4-5 or 5-4 coach. Is this satisfactory for the alumni, fans and BOT?

11 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

Something along the lines of 9 pt lead we are right where we want to be.  I am paraphrasing but that second half was played not to lose rather than to win. 

He even said so to the reporter at half time. I noted it in the game thread. That right there is the problem with our HC mentality. No balls at all! 

this loss  is on Gus. To run an offense after the half, that key pass plays were always low percentage, and over 25+ yards, That's not on Stidham, that's on the offensive play calling. 6 yds on 1-6? that was ridiculous.

I also thought we lost it when it was 4th and 1 and inside their 50, and LSU had momentum. This is where Gus should have gone for it, and show they can run a strong offense. With KJ, he is going to get that 1 yd. Gus played not to lose at that point.

Gus is not the coach that knows how to play offense 4 qtrs. against good Ds. It is time for a change. 

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Another 7-5 or at best, 8-4  season. This is with 3 powderpuff games on the schedule. Gus is basically a 4-5 or 5-4 coach. Is this satisfactory for the alumni, fans and BOT?

Who's the 3rd powderpuff? All I got is Arky and ULM.

21 minutes ago, The Freak said:

The sad thing is he will keep his job if his only other loss is to UGA or UAT.  Ridiculous.

we are not beating UGA and Bammer.

21 minutes ago, Jayee165 said:

Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. Up the middle. 

Agree, but you forgot the five dropped passes in the second half. Then of course there was the punt return for a touchdown, then the fourth and 1 pun for about 20 yards. 

Is it possible to bring in a new coach mid season and let him oversee chip calling offense and Steele defense. Then let him decide who stays and go s after season. Best case senerio if so. We may keep some valuable members

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

They asked him how he felt about the game and said and I am paraphrasing......we feel confident about having a 9 point lead will win us the game.

SMH... thanks for the response

9 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Who's the 3rd powderpuff? All I got is Arky and ULM.

I meant for every season. This year, Ga So, Mercer and ULM.

"groundhog day gus"! fire him now and leave him in louisiana! i am sick and tired of watching this "low iq'd ignorant-arrogant pos" command our football team! it's enough to make me puke! it's honestly simple,,, he does not possess the intellect to be in charge of something this big! when you look up "peter principle" in the dictionary,,, they oughta have a picture of the "gustard" there! he's a dumpster fire that only coaches people down! his halftime speeches are so un-inspirational and so un-motivating he singlehandedly cost us this game! i mean what coach in their right mind (aware of our record at LSU,,, w/ an i.q. above 75) tells his team "we're right where we need to be"! Only the "Gustard" or somebody that's  got huge $$ on the game!  nice job genius,,; you just sparked the largest comeback in history! it's unfathomable!  there's no possible way we beat uga,,,, they're gonna destroy us! texas a&m is a toss up and hopefully at least the beat down bama puts on us is the final nail in the geniuses coffin and sends him back to Arkansas! if i have to watch another of this fat upper lipped idiots  press conferences telling everyone "we're almost there" i'm gonna go insane!  players deserve so much better than this average highschool coaching at best. It's so pathetic for Auburn! 

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, I am typically a balanced and, for the most part, objective person when critiquing AU performances. That said, this was the Most pathetic offensive showing I've seen...and it is 100% on the coaches.  The worst part was even when they saw it wasn't working, they refused to, or were incapable to adjust. This was worse than the whirleybird at Clemson and even worse than UGA last year.  We will get absolutely curb stomped again this year by UGA and UA.

I’ve watched Gus for 4 and a half years at Auburn as HC and have never seen him adjust.  I believe he thinks it’s not his plan, it’s the execution, so if we execute better in the 2nd half we’ll be fine.

I have a feeling Gus is not worried.  He knows his job is safe as long as he gets auburn a 7-6, 8-5 winning season.  Auburn seems to be content with average.  Hello Bham bowl!

Just now, wdefromtx said:

10-4, I thought you meant remaining.

Besides the 8 SEC games, Auburn has one tough game, example Clemson the past two years, and then 3 easy games each year.  

If Gus is still coach Monday I'll be surprised. We went to s*** in this game with an opponent at half strength. I thankfully had to work. Didn't see the second half. 

Just now, alexava said:

If Gus is still coach Monday I'll be surprised. We went to s*** in this game with an opponent at half strength. I thankfully had to work. Didn't see the second half. 

Be prepared to be surprised! Too many other things in disarray in the AD at the moment. They will let the season play out.

40 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

The good ol boys would hire another just as bad, because they want their fingers in the pie. You have to hire a professional and let them control their team. That won't happen at Auburn.

Bingo. It won't matter if they fire JJ. He only does what the PTB agree to let him do. If y'all remember Gus was hired with a "search committee". This was done by the PTB. The same will happen again. The PTB need their pocketbooks destroyed or they will never change. I'm done caring.  I'll never watch another AU game until Gus is fired and after that I will likely never care as much as I have because the PTB could care less about anything other than profit. They don't deserve our money

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Bingo. It won't matter if they fire JJ. He only does what the PTB agree to let him do. If y'all remember Gus was hired with a "search committee". This was done by the PTB. The same will happen again. The PTB need their pocketbooks destroyed or they will never change. I'm done caring.  I'll never watch another AU game until Gus is fired and after that I will likely never care as much as I have because the PTB could care less about anything other than profit. They don't deserve our money

LOL, you need to quit hand jobbing Jay Jacobs.  He needs to go before we hire a new HC. 

Do you think Jay Jacobs should be allowed to hire the next HC?

wde

Archived