Fire Gus tomorrow. Fire Jay Jacobs today!!

AUIH1

5 hours ago, tbone1430 said:
Gus is now 4-14 against Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, FSU, OU, and Wisconsin. Three of those four wins were 2014 or earlier. So from going 3-5 in his first two years against good teams (not spectacular) he is now 1-9. I’ll say this much I know many people didn’t appreciate old Tubs but he could win the big games. Was 9-6 vs top 15 teams and 5-2 vs top 5 teams. Also went 7-3 vs the turds with 5-5 against thuga and 5-5 against LSU. Wish we had some intestinal fortitude to win the big games again but with Gustavo it’s just a train wreck. I’m not saying I want Tubs back but I want someone who can coach a team well in big games and give us a fighting chance like he did. 

I enjoyed Tubbs time at AU. That said, he'd have about 1 game a year where the team would fall to an opponent they had no business losing too. 04 the obvious exception.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2017 at 7:37 AM, madkat7 said:

I enjoyed Tubbs time at AU. That said, he'd have about 1 game a year where the team would fall to an opponent they had no business losing too. 04 the obvious exception.

I'll take the Mark Richt type seasons over this to be honest. Tubs was good for an upset each year and a dumb loss each year. In this playoff era that might be enough to make the playoffs.

However, consistently losing to our similarly talented rivals is unacceptable. 

On 10/15/2017 at 1:04 AM, tbone1430 said:
Gus is now 4-14 against Bama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, FSU, OU, and Wisconsin. Three of those four wins were 2014 or earlier. So from going 3-5 in his first two years against good teams (not spectacular) he is now 1-9. I’ll say this much I know many people didn’t appreciate old Tubs but he could win the big games. Was 9-6 vs top 15 teams and 5-2 vs top 5 teams. Also went 7-3 vs the turds with 5-5 against thuga and 5-5 against LSU. Wish we had some intestinal fortitude to win the big games again but with Gustavo it’s just a train wreck. I’m not saying I want Tubs back but I want someone who can coach a team well in big games and give us a fighting chance like he did. 

UGH!! It makes Auburn seem like an inferior team. We can't play with the big boys of the league. 

Archived