FINAL: AU 23 LSU 27 -- Postgame Thread

RunInRed

22 minutes ago, Big Dog said:

I guess what bothers me the most about this game, and many other Auburn games under Gus, is the oversights and stubbornness.  I mean, even I can see this stuff.  My girlfriend can see it.  My daughter asks me why we're doing stuff.  It's just embarrassing.  Gus, for the love of God please mix up the passing game and attack the middle of the field.  Use the TE.   Quit frickin' running up the middle on first down every time!   Use more running backs that actually AREN'T hurt.  Throw to Nate Craig some.   I could go on and on for pages.  Shouldn't a coach making $4 million see it?   Gus refuses to scout himself or the team.   Why even bring Borges back then?   Even Saban brings in an outside analyst every year to look at things to see if he's missing anything.  We have had top 10 talent every year for like a decade now.  Is this really the best we can do?  And can someone go kick Jay Jacobs a$$ while we're at it?

All very legitimate questions.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Big Dog said:

I guess what bothers me the most about this game, and many other Auburn games under Gus, is the oversights and stubbornness.  I mean, even I can see this stuff.  My girlfriend can see it.  My daughter asks me why we're doing stuff.  It's just embarrassing.  Gus, for the love of God please mix up the passing game and attack the middle of the field.  Use the TE.   Quit frickin' running up the middle on first down every time!   Use more running backs that actually AREN'T hurt.  Throw to Nate Craig some.   I could go on and on for pages.  Shouldn't a coach making $4 million see it?   Gus refuses to scout himself or the team.   Why even bring Borges back then?   Even Saban brings in an outside analyst every year to look at things to see if he's missing anything.  We have had top 10 talent every year for like a decade now.  Is this really the best we can do?  And can someone go kick Jay Jacobs a$$ while we're at it?

Couldn't have said any better myself.

It's just downright baffling. Honestly, I laughed in fourth quarter because you just knew what would happen and it's such a helpless feeling knowing there's nothing you can do about it. It's sad.

I just do not understand this at all.

55 minutes ago, Big Dog said:

dude.."its not the end of the world"...Sorry couldn't help myself.

You hit the nail on the head. 

It was funny, not funny ha ha. I was complaining via text to a Vol friend of mine that Gus was screwing it up in the 3rd.  We still had a decent lead at the time. He replies that we'd still win even though it would be ugly. 

My only reply was "No, I know Gus. I guarantee we lose this game. I've seen this movie too many times before."

Gus is complacent bc he’s making so much undeserved money.  He’s not hungry to win anymore and it is his way or the highway.  He’s a colossal failure and I’m sorry but 2010 and 2013 were not Gus they were the result of special players who overcame the failures of Gus.  Unfortunately, I believe Gus will not be fired today bc too many people accept mediocrity.  Too many people will keep spending money to go see this train wreck and spin it that it was one loss and actually buy into this “we control our destiny” bs.  But, it doesn’t take a genius to see, Auburn loses to at least Bama and UGA and most likely loses the bowl game.  So best case is 8-5.   That’s unacceptable in year 5 under Gus.  And continuing to lose to UGA and Bama has gotten other coaches fired.  Gus is a dead man walking (professional context) and he doesn’t care.  If he did he throw the kitchen sink at every team he played.  But he doesn’t know how to do that.  The Auburn family deserves better than this clown running things.  I highly suggest that everyone become proactive and no longer spend money on tickets and if they ask why, explain you will not support this fool of a coach anymore and will not spend hard earned money until changes are made.  It’s time for all of us to do something proactive if the admin will not.  And this will affect the $$$ the admin loves so much and they will be forced to make changes.

It's obvious he doesn't understand the concept of offensive adjustments and short to intermediate (non screen) routes. It was run up the middle or 20 yard bombs all night, regardless of what the defense was allowing. Mind boggling. I hate to see all this talent wasted.  

The more I think about this game, the more aggravated I become.  Gus had a golden opportunity to make a huge statement and a major move in the rankings.   The team starts out really strong and builds a respectable lead and then Gus decides to go ultra conservative and start calling (or having Chip call) bone headed plays.  I'm seriously starting to wonder if maybe Gus realizes that he's in over his head and wants out, so he's just going through the motions waiting on the buyout.  I know it sounds crazy but how else do you explain the decisions that he's making these days?

9 hours ago, gctiger said:

The more I think about this game, the more aggravated I become.  Gus had a golden opportunity to make a huge statement and a major move in the rankings.   The team starts out really strong and builds a respectable lead and then Gus decides to go ultra conservative and start calling (or having Chip call) bone headed plays.  I'm seriously starting to wonder if maybe Gus realizes that he's in over his head and wants out, so he's just going through the motions waiting on the buyout.  I know it sounds crazy but how else do you explain the decisions that he's making these days?

It doesn't sound any crazier than the errant fear that someone could be paying Auburn more....to lose. SURELY NOT...but when you lose confidence in the ones running the show, then anything is easy to imagine.

Archived