This is why....

musicitytiger

I'm so over Gus today sealed the deal your up 20-0 and then find a way to lose 27-23 in 3 quarters of play.  That speaks volumes to me, terrible coaching.  We were out couched by coch O I mean come on man....

23-21.

4th and a half yard from midfield.  You play to win the game.

You punt...you lose.

Terrible.  A very frustrating thing to watch AU lose this one today, esp with plays like that.

Yep. It's time to let Malzahn continue his coaching internship at another school. I am tired of this.

I'm so pissed I can't see straight. I saw this taking hold in the second quarter. You have to get momentum in this game and we did nothing to get it back and whats with every pass being a bomb?

I am off the bus for good now. We will not beat UGA nor Updyke U this year and who knows how many we lose next year but no SEC titles thats for sure.

36 minutes ago, Indy said:

23-21.

4th and a half yard from midfield.  You play to win the game.

You punt...you lose.

Terrible.  A very frustrating thing to watch AU lose this one today, esp with plays like that.

This right here. 

See if this sounds familiar: get up by 20 points and then try to run the clock instead of scoring more points and really putting it away. Letting a lesser team hang around and going flat on offense, thus losing the game in the end. Once you lose your edge it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get it back. This coach is a pro at it (losing your edge)/

A lot of folks came on to say how good the win was against OM last week but knowledgeable folks were upset because he went into slowdown mode the second half. I told folks then it would comeback to bite him. And it did. Royally ?

One thing that irritates me to no end...

Why don't Gus take responsibility for the loss? Just come and say it at the presser. SHOW US that you have acknowledged the massive choke job you've done, and say that it's ON YOU and say that you will not rest until you produce results on field!

"We're going to bounce back." "We're going to rebound." "No doubt about it."

I hate to make comparisons, but when Saban said that positive media is like "rat poison"...that kind of response I'd want in a coach. We do not with Gus. That's just it.

Actually I think we are consistently in a fight with Ol'e Miss, Miss St. Arkansas and T A&M for the middle position in the West. Over the last 5 years we simply cannot win with any consistency against LSU, Bama, or UGA. Gus will be coaching his 6th year at AU next year and the fight for middle tier will continue. 7, 8 or 9 wins a season. 4 wins will come against the little sisters of the poor. We, as fans and alum, have not fully converted to our now normal role as program filler for the WEST. We will not be competitive with LSU and Bama nor UGA. When Tubs was here the WEST went through AU and LSU. Now its Bama with the occasional LSU. We are just not in the conversation anymore.

Unacceptable.

At this point, I would take our next coach's deficiencies as long as they don't involve breaking rules.  I know the first year or two of the new coach's tenure is going to be awesome because of how are stacked our roster is as long as the coach has a more advanced background than high school football. There are just not that many great available options that we could hire with how our athletic department is looking right now but if we keep Gus we are really setting ourselves up for a hurting down the road because recruiting is most likely going to start tanking as the entire nation now understands what kind of a fraud he is. This is a tough spot right now.... 

Archived