Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

34 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If he let's Chip alone it's already an upgrade.

Chip sucks too. I have zero doubt he is calling this awful games. No proof he is good. Plus he installed this terrible zone blocking scheme which has hurt our run game with Pett (he can't read blocks, needs to be told where to run.)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go after Peterson at Washington. He can coach no doubt and has the credentials to prove this. If the $$$$$$$$$$$$ is right, he will come. Any coach will come to any school if the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is right period. Offer him $6,500,000 per season for 5 years. He would make a beeline here no doubt.

I do like Mark Richt and think he would love to get back in the SEC and take it to Uga early and often. The key is getting JJ out of the way.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

16 straight first down runs. 

UP. THE. FREAKING. MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Heath Evans has evidently thrown his had into the ring. Appears serious.

Gus hasn’t helped himself once.  I don’t doubt Heath or really anyone would be better.  Gus is way overpaid and a ridiculous fool who keeps embarrassing himself and Auburn. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, this game was lost on a stupid coach who cannot stop with his stubborn, predictable tendencies when he has a 20-0 lead.  Even with all those plays on special teams and defense, it shouldn't have mattered because we would have scored 45 points.

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

end of the day the game was lost on a special teams play.....and a 3rd and 1 that we did not convert. Bitter loss but life and good football continues. Doubt that anyone will be fired soon.

All I am saying

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We aren't losing to Arkansas.  They are high school bad.  We may lose to A&M.

That will be the last win in the SEC we will have. I do not see us going into college station and winning before that crowd. You think Lsu is loud......TAMU will be far worse. I see 7-5 as the best case scenario for us with 6-6 likely.

If for some weird and highly unlikely scenario and we win out...this will really make for a most interesting situation. I see about a 4% chance of that happening.  7-5 is around 80%.....6-6 around 65%....I think 7-5 will get Gus fired though.

I will not watch or listen to another Auburn game until Malzahn is gone. Coaching like this makes me want to throw up and I'm tired up it.

11 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Heath Evans has evidently thrown his hat into the ring. Appears serious.

I would absolutely dance in the street if that happened.

46 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No he's not.  The defense was on the field all damn day after the first quarter.  One of the TDs was stupid special teams.  This was on the offense and Gus's bullheaded play calling.

@TitanTiger  

We were suppose to be past that and for the last time but yes it sure LOOKED like a lot of Gus's play calling today. You wonder why Gus would even think his play calling is better than Chip's when there is no evidence to support that. If he wants to win, why in the world would the guy even go down that road again. Do we have confirmation yet that he did it again ? If he did he has likely crossed the line.  

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I will not watch or listen to another Auburn game until Malzahn is gone. Coaching like this makes me want to throw up and I'm tired up it.

:wavey:    good. AUBURN4EVER

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

AU4Ever., I feel your pain. I have been a fan since 1985 and can't believe what I just saw. Things have to change.

Period.

This loss is all coaching.

WDE

Blaming Steele for this has no merit at all.

A kid didn't adjust on the double motion jet sweep. LSU has super-talented receivers -- always -- and their guy ran a long way.

Our best DB played a sideline route too aggressively and got burned. I'm still not sure LSU completed the pass in the end zone. But I give LSU credit for that drive.

And there was a punt return.

That's the three TDS. When your defense allows 17 points, you can't blame the DC.

25 minutes ago, Deckhead said:

being an AU fan!!!  J/K!!! 

No you're not...sit on that couch so we can talk about this...

So...How long have you been an AU fan?

We can get through this Deckhead.

images.jpg

14 hours ago, jmcrosson said:

Serious question here guys - do we honestly have any hope that they will fire his ass before Monday? Interested to hear honest opinions. 

No. 

If we lose to Arkansas, A&M, Georgia, and Alabama then perhaps Malzahn is toast.

If we split the wins in these four games (our best hopes are Arkansas and A&M), then I think he stays.

That being said, I would not bet we win against A&M. Arkansas might be the only game we win out of our next 4 SEC teams.

4 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

No. 

If we lose to Arkansas, A&M, Georgia, and Alabama then perhaps Malzahn is toast.

If we split the wins in these four games (our best hopes are Arkansas and A&M), then I think he stays.

That being said, I would not bet we win against A&M. Arkansas might be the only game we win out of our next 4 SEC teams.

I agree he's not getting fired in mid-season but I don't think splitting saves him.  It's not so much the record as it is the WAY we are losing these big games.  The PTB will look at it as why would it be any different next year??  I say unless he beats Arky, A&M and at least one of the two rivals at the end he is done.  

Just thought of this...I guess there is a slim possibility that if the PTB really really want him gone no matter what then they could make a move soon.  They wouldn't want to give him the chance at winning out or doing enough to make it hard to fire him at the end.  

Hire James Franklin.  He is a winner, top shelf recruiter and doesn’t back down from anyone.  I want a HC that is top level regardless of asst coaches as they come and go! 

Chris Petersen daughter has a heart condition that's why he stays in the west coast and won't come here

franklin is from PA and Penn st is/was his dream school growing up

fleck just got to MInn

some of you are realistic at all in your choices or you don't pay attention to college football outside the SEC

I haven’t chimed in because I was so upset over this. Last night felt like the FSU natty game to me. The special teams play. The great feeling the first half followed by the are you kidding me the second half. I still don’t think LSU is that good (in fact would not be surprised to see ole miss play them toe to toe). I don’t understand dynamics on a coaching staff but I’m worried now about coaching discourse and losing the team.  And I doubly hate the fact that we were primed to move up in the rankings with so many teams losing and we blew it. Rant over. I have no suggestions for a solution. I’m at a loss.

Archived