Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

46 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'll put my eye test over this stuff you came at me with and be comfortable with my thought.  Improved failure is still failure.  And don't counter Clem, LSU, Ga & Ala bed crappings with wins over msu, ole miss & arky.

So...after the Clem and LSU performances you expected this turnaround ending in sound beatings (with magnificent coaching) of Ga & bama did you?

Your right on the money here.

Only thing is Lionheart often thinks with his lion heart and not his lion head. I have made this statement before. He's a very likeable guy though.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUsince72 said:

Now, I'm simply retorting to your contrarian attitude to pretty much anything I say.  I get it...you're a better person than me, you're smarter than me.  You may drop the mike now.

This is what I'm talking about. The old 72 I used to really enjoy talking too would never say things like that. 

You know, I thought maybe after beating Alabama this place would be fun again. Maybe I was wrong and I just need to move on for good. 

Hope the rest of your day is less annoying than I apparently am.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm not throwing barbs at all.  My original post attacked no one.  Matter of fact, it was more an "absolution" to those who seemed to feel the need to apologize when there was nothing to apologize for.

Now, I'm simply retorting to your contrarian attitude to pretty much anything I say.  I get it...you're a better person than me, you're smarter than me.  You may drop the mike now.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: He deserved all the criticism he got, and now he has earned all the praise he is getting.

13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: He deserved all the criticism he got, and now he has earned all the praise he is getting.

That's all I'm sayin'

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That's all I'm sayin'

Yup.

I guess fair and measured criticism to go along with fair and measured praise- am I being redundant?- isn't fun. 

5 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

I feel like after the Iron Bowl, he realized with the talent he has stocked now especially on defense that is a real possibility. 

QB plus a defense makes the difference...he has given Saban fits every time he has had a legit signal caller under center...

@lionheartkc, don't go anywhere. We need the realists and optimists to counterbalance those who always want to see doom and gloom or cannot look beyond the right here, right now. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, because we all get our perspectives from our own experiences. That is why we are unique people. I just try not to take anything personally, because people on here don't know me personally. It can't be personal for that reason. It is also why people feel free enough to make snarky remarks to each other. It is because they don't KNOW you. Hang in there, dude, and don't let other people affect your happy place. ;D:jossun:

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

This is what I'm talking about. The old 72 I used to really enjoy talking too would never say things like that. 

You know, I thought maybe after beating Alabama this place would be fun again. Maybe I was wrong and I just need to move on for good. 

lion lion lion. lol what are we going to do with you man? You cannot honestly expect this place to be sunshine pumping 24/7 365 do you? It would be no fun that way if everyone had the same opinion and was a extreme optimist like you now would it? that is what makes this place great is all the different personalities and opinions. It is a message board. Why would you go away for good just because not everyone agrees with you? That is not the lion I know.

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@lionheartkc, don't go anywhere. We need the realists and optimists to counterbalance those who always want to see doom and gloom or cannot look beyond the right here, right now. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, because we all get our perspectives from our own experiences. That is why we are unique people. I just try not to take anything personally, because people on here don't know me personally. It can't be personal for that reason. It is also why people feel free enough to make snarky remarks to each other. It is because they don't KNOW you. Hang in there, dude, and don't let other people affect your happy place. ;D:jossun:

Thanks 3rd Gen. It's not about attacks or taking things personally. I'm just bummed because a small handful of people on here that I used to really like talking to, who were kind of my people, aren't so fun anymore.

I think I've also lost my taste for arguing on here. When you present numbers that back-up your claim vs the "eye test" and it's explained away as you aren't the one using your head, it all starts to seem pretty futile.  

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lion lion lion. lol what are we going to do with you man? You cannot honestly expect this place to be sunshine pumping 24/7 365 do you? It would be no fun that way if everyone had the same opinion and was a extreme optimist like you now would it? that is what makes this place great is all the different personalities and opinions. It is a message board. Why would you go away for good just because not everyone agrees with you? That is not the lion I know.

Nah man... I don't expect sunshine pumping at all. I do expect measured responses from people who I've grown to respect as being polite and reasonable. When someone I thought I knew to be a good guy compares my opinion to explaining away fire being hot and ice being cold and then hits me with the classic "you think your better than me" it just makes me sad. I expect that stuff from some people around here, but not from him. And it's the second day in a row that someone I used to look forward to talking to has gone on the attack because I provided a positive retort to something they said. Maybe the massive amount of negativity this season has just caused everyone to be ultra defensive, but it sure doesn't seem like anyone wants to have a polite, rational discussion anymore... at least not about football.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe the massive amount of negativity this season has just caused everyone to be ultra defensive, but it sure doesn't seem like anyone wants to have a polite, rational discussion anymore... at least not about football.

Well, at least there's always politics then!

Wait...

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It would've been had a few posters on here hadn't immediately started I told you so threads. It's like the pumpers think we want the team to fail. I'm one that wanted Gus gone too,  but a lot of that was pent up frustration over some decisions made that cost the TEAM. I've changed my tune because it appears Gus has turned the page and is moving forward aggressively coaching this team to it's capabilities, which is what we all wanted all along. I don't have any grudges or anything against anyone personally in here, but if people want respect, it goes both ways. WDE

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

It would've been had a few posters on here hadn't immediately started I told you so threads. It's like the pumpers think we want the team to fail. I'm one that wanted Gus gone too,  but a lot of that was pent up frustration over some decisions made that cost the TEAM. I've changed my tune because it appears Gus has turned the page and is moving forward aggressively coaching this team to it's capabilities, which is what we all wanted all along. I don't have any grudges or anything against anyone personally in here, but if people want respect, it goes both ways. WDE

I'm honestly not sure how to reply, since I wasn't one of those people. I'm not a fan of "I told you so" threads, either. Now, threads like this one where the person who made a bold statement wants to take it back, I say good for them.

These days people, in general, are more concerned with being right than being reasonable and having discussion. Again, I am not pointing any fingers at anyone. I barely skimmed over the majority of the posts, because I sometimes just tire of the back and forth. I guess I am not enough of a football expert to really know when someone is "right" and someone is "wrong", and don't necessarily care about those details. I'm sure it is because I am a female and look at things more emotionally. Don't get me wrong, I have learned a lot from the posters on this site and I enjoy football so much more now that I understand a little more. But, again, we all have our own perspectives. Those friends that see things a little differently than you now may end up being in total agreement with you on something in a few weeks. That's the way things seem to work around here. I know how you feel, though, because I have been "jumped on" a couple of times and I usually try to think pretty hard about how to respond to someone and it stings when someone goes off on you.

Gus is getting a lot of love now and deservedly so, but has he really changed? I'm not so sure.

What has changed this year is rather obvious: new OC getting comfortable and in rhythm. Sure he has added a couple wrinkles, but primarily it's play call sequence and execution. 

And there are other obvious reasons for Chip's comfort and rythm as well: oline becoming much more cohesive and winning battles. New QB becoming more confident and comfortable. 

I look and see post regarding the Gus change, but perhaps many are missing the obvious. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Thanks 3rd Gen. It's not about attacks or taking things personally. I'm just bummed because a small handful of people on here that I used to really like talking to, who were kind of my people, aren't so fun anymore.

I think I've also lost my taste for arguing on here. When you present numbers that back-up your claim vs the "eye test" and it's explained away as you aren't the one using your head, it all starts to seem pretty futile.  

For my part, not that it matters to anyone, this goes back to summer when a discussion about football between us become something else (a poster above just mentioned politics)...  You decided I was a "disappointment" to you (beyond football opinions) from your way above the clouds ivory tower so I decided to not respond any further.  As it happens if you look back, our "discussions" are pretty much me stating my opinion and you telling me where I'm wrong.

None of us is perfect.  I ain't and you ain't.  I am happy to look past disagreements.  But I draw the line on judgements.  So yeah, I've had a bit of an issue with you.  I know you've had some things to overcome and I like you and respect you as well.  But the "disappointment" goes both ways right now.

Now, this Lifetime movie is over, let's get back to football talk.

This place was a total debacle after the Clemson loss. It got worse after the LSU loss. A lot of new posters came out of the wood-work to join in on the anarchy. The mood was dark. But, I think that's to be expected. And, some of have been in need of an extra serving of grace - especially those holding the pitchforks, who may not be willing to dole it out themselves. 

There are a lot of good posters who have posted much less frequently this season - and probably a lot of not so good posters who are posting a lot more frequently. I don't know exactly who your people are, but if I've noticed anything change, that's it. The good ones are still good, they are just a little bit harder to notice. Hope you can still have some fun. 

Nah man... I don't expect sunshine pumping at all. I do expect measured responses from people who I've grown to respect as being polite and reasonable. When someone I thought I knew to be a good guy compares my opinion to explaining away fire being hot and ice being cold and then hits me with the classic "you think your better than me" it just makes me sad. I expect that stuff from some people around here, but not from him. And it's the second day in a row that someone I used to look forward to talking to has gone on the attack because I provided a positive retort to something they said. Maybe the massive amount of negativity this season has just caused everyone to be ultra defensive, but it sure doesn't seem like anyone wants to have a polite, rational discussion anymore... at least not about football.

My friend, to quote Val Kilmer, "I'm your Huckleberry".  I am a very proud sunshine pumper. Let's talk anytime at all about anything at all. We NEED you here. ?

44 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

For my part, not that it matters to anyone, this goes back to summer when a discussion about football between us become something else (a poster above just mentioned politics)...  You decided I was a "disappointment" to you (beyond football opinions) from your way above the clouds ivory tower so I decided to not respond any further.  As it happens if you look back, our "discussions" are pretty much me stating my opinion and you telling me where I'm wrong.

I honestly have no clue which conversation you are talking about but if I said something that made you feel so bad that is stuck with you for this long, then I am truly, deeply sorry. I swear that I only had good memories of you which is why I was so taken aback by your response today. If I were to guess, if I ever used the term disappointed when referring to you, it was an attempt at light hearted ribbing that didn't come across properly. After all... you were the king of silver linings.

As for me telling you that your wrong, I'm also sorry if you take it that way. My intention is to state my opinion about something someone, in this case you, said and start a discussion. Unfortunately, lately disagreeing with anyone, whether you bring facts to the table or not, hasn't been taken very well.

In future, if you or anyone else has an issue with me, tell me about it. I'll be happy to talk it out here or in IM and apologize when shown I'm wrong.

20 minutes ago, WarTim said:

My friend, to quote Val Kilmer, "I'm your Huckleberry".  I am a very proud sunshine pumper. Let's talk anytime at all about anything at all. We NEED you here. ?

Always respect a good Tombstone quote.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Always respect a good Tombstone quote.

And I respect You !! All the Best. God Bless and War Eagle!!!

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I honestly have no clue which conversation you are talking about but if I said something that made you feel so bad that is stuck with you for this long, then I am truly, deeply sorry. I swear that I only had good memories of you which is why I was so taken aback by your response today. If I were to guess, if I ever used the term disappointed when referring to you, it was an attempt at light hearted ribbing that didn't come across properly. After all... you were the king of silver linings.

As for me telling you that your wrong, I'm also sorry if you take it that way. My intention is to state my opinion about something someone, in this case you, said and start a discussion. Unfortunately, lately disagreeing with anyone, whether you bring facts to the table or not, hasn't been taken very well.

In future, if you or anyone else has an issue with me, tell me about it. I'll be happy to talk it out here or in IM and apologize when shown I'm wrong.

I'll PM you later.  I'm happy to discuss but I'm sure our AUF compatriots have had enough of this.

6 hours ago, leglessdan said:

I have noticed this as well fam. Like are you really beating your chest and pointing fingers at us saying we were wrong (which btw THANK GOD we were) when us being wrong does nothing but HELP Auburn!!! Isn't that enough? Also to boot most of us have all said how glad we were to be wrong and will happily eat crow! Some people just cannot resist and have to keep score or something and go in to business for themselves. 

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Gus is getting a lot of love now and deservedly so, but has he really changed? I'm not so sure.

What has changed this year is rather obvious: new OC getting comfortable and in rhythm. Sure he has added a couple wrinkles, but primarily it's play call sequence and execution. 

And there are other obvious reasons for Chip's comfort and rythm as well: oline becoming much more cohesive and winning battles. New QB becoming more confident and comfortable. 

I look and see post regarding the Gus change, but perhaps many are missing the obvious. 

The Alabama game was absolutely Gus changing. We came out swinging from the jump. Gus usually likes to go conservative on first drives. We threw the ball 28 times. For gus that is like running the air raid and throwing it 70 times! lol. Usually in every game before LSU and the lsu game itself  gus was so content to just to the same ol ish of running the ball every first down and running until they stopped it with some deep shots mixed in. The Georgia and especially the bama games looked completely different from anything else we have seen from gus this year. 

Archived