Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, jmcrosson said:

Serious question here guys - do we honestly have any hope that they will fire his ass before Monday? Interested to hear honest opinions. 

No. But that just shows Auburns lack of truly caring about building a championship program. Cause we will have a good week at practice and Gus will be proud of our players.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No. But that just shows Auburns lack of truly caring about building a championship program. Cause we will have a good week at practice and Gus will be proud of our players.

No doubt about it. 

I'm done too. And I don't even have a list anymore. Bama literally has the only good coach in the nation. Everyone else is just a scrub. 

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm done.  Literally the dumbest display of going into a shell I've ever seen, including the Tubershell years.  Three quarters worth of KJ up the gut for two plays then flinging it into a crowd 40 yds downfield.  The man is just so ******* stubborn and stuck in his ways he cannot and will not change.

Hit the bricks, Gus.

Thank you.  I'll take the short term recruiting hit.  If Gus can't win with this talent, Auburn will not win any championships in the foreseeable future.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm done too. And I don't even have a list anymore. Bama literally has the only good coach in the nation. Everyone else is just a scrub. 

Let's not go overboard now.

images.jpg

We'll go 7-5, prob beat Arkansas next week and then cupcake ULMonroe. Go to Outback or Citrus type of bowl and play one good half and hang on in the second half. Finish 8-5.

He'll be back next season with some hype about returning JS only to go 7-5 again losing to UGA/BAMA for 5th straight year.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The fate Gus deserves is to be fired in Lane Kiffin fashion.  I have little fate that he will be fired midseason, but would love to be wrong.

I am afraid that the team pounds Arkansas and possibly Texas A&M, wins one or both against Georgia and Alabama (or keeps them close), and Gus gets one more year.

This is what could and likely will happen:

1. We lose to TAMU

2. We lose to Arky.

3. Lose to UGA

4. Lose to bammer

We struggle to win the lone no conference game. We fire Gus......We fire Gus. I would have rather lost 49-6 today than the way it happened. As far as I am concerned, the season is over......yes over.....stick a fork in the dead bird and go play a round of golf and lose 500 golf balls in the process.

Do not let Jacobs hire another FB coach ever. Go after a proven winner.  I like Mark Richt ........TCU Patterson......After all is said and done.....yes there still is a God and this will remain constant no matter how hard I prayed for him to help us to win that game.

Heck, even Les Miles is available. Then again........I do like the guy at Purdue.......PJ Fleck is one coach we should look at. If we lose the rest of our games or even 3 out of the 4 SEC then Gus must pack up his stubborn kit and hit the road. Go back to Arkansas and coach HS football again.

I really hate to regress to insults and name-calling but Gus is a ------- moron!  It would be difficult to imagine a worse offensive game plan (except for whatever that Roper moron does for Muschamp and the nonsense that Nuss and McElwain the Shark Lover trot out in the Swamp).

I might even take Bert Bielemma over Gus at this point...

Just now, Strychnine said:

The fate Gus deserves is to be fired in Lane Kiffin fashion.  I have little fate that he will be fired midseason, but would love to be wrong.

I am afraid that the team pounds Arkansas and possibly Texas A&M, wins one or both against Georgia and Alabama (or keeps them close), and Gus gets one more year.

Seems about right. Should have Jetgated him in 2015 for Herman or Fuentes. Now there is no one available.

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Don't worry. This won't happen. I'd stake my life on it!

I am done as well. I have been watching Auburn football for many many many years. pulling up .. going conservative... and not putting the hammer down on LSU goes down as one of the worst I have seen.  If all of that is not enough.. then fire him for the simply fact that we have no immediate passing game.. it is 40 yards or nothing.  I really can't stand that. 

5 minutes ago, AU Counsel said:

I really hate to regress to insults and name-calling but Gus is a ------- moron!  It would be difficult to imagine a worse offensive game plan (except for whatever that Roper moron does for Muschamp and the nonsense that Nuss and McElwain the Shark Lover trot out in the Swamp).

I might even take Bert Bielemma over Gus at this point...

Careful there is the Butch Jones dumpster fire on offense at Tenn.  Tenn’s offense might actually be worse I know hard to believe

Listen to what they just said in the alabama game. Saban delivered a message to his team from last week because they lost the second half and treated it like they lost the game. That’s why they are at a high level and we are not

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

26 straight first down runs. 

Uhhhhh........

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Listen to what they just said in the alabama game. Saban delivered a message to his team from last week because they lost the second half and treated it like they lost the game. That’s why they are at a high level and we are not

Hey now!  Don't compare us to that other guy! It provides unrealistic expectations!

Archived