Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Go after Peterson at Washington. He can coach no doubt and has the credentials to prove this. If the $$$$$$$$$$$$ is right, he will come. Any coach will come to any school if the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is right period. Offer him $6,500,000 per season for 5 years. He would make a beeline here no doubt.

I do like Mark Richt and think he would love to get back in the SEC and take it to Uga early and often. The key is getting JJ out of the way.

We are not getting Peterson.  He isn't going to leave the North West.

Also, I cannot recall a time when a University has fired their AD and HC in a six month period.  I see Gus being our coach going into September.  Is what it is.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

We are not getting Peterson.  He isn't going to leave the North West.

Also, I cannot recall a time when a University has fired their AD and HC in a six month period.  I see Gus being our coach going into September.  Is what it is.

Say it ain’t so.  Nebraska fired their AD in September, stand by for the Riley firing.  Times, they are a changing.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Say it ain’t so.  Nebraska fired their AD in September, stand by for the Riley firing.  Times, they are a changing.

It's not impossible I just think it is unlikely.

16 hours ago, Strychnine said:

When Titan starts a thread demanding a head, that is when you know a head must roll.

Good stuff. Think I will forego fishing this afternoon to hear the AU press release at 2:00 pm. Bet the PTBs meeting at the Hotel & Conference Center right now. 

16 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm done.  Literally the dumbest display of going into a shell I've ever seen, including the Tubershell years.  Three quarters worth of KJ up the gut for two plays then flinging it into a crowd 40 yds downfield.  The man is just so ******* stubborn and stuck in his ways he cannot and will not change.

Hit the bricks, Gus.

You speak for the vast majority of Auburn fans. 

I cannot stand Gus. I am done with AU football this year. Same ole BS from CGM. What sucks is we have a very talented team that's going to be wasted!! And the SEC is down this year. FIRE GUS NOW!!!!

5 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I cannot stand Gus. I am done with AU football this year. Same ole BS from CGM. What sucks is we have a very talented team that's going to be wasted!! And the SEC is down this year. FIRE GUS NOW!!!!

These are the years we do good. The majority of the sec down with just a few hard games. Oh and we’ve already lost 2, not good

Is it just me, or does it really feel like GM has only has 5 plays in his playbook?  (Run off right tackle, sweep, long bomb, WR screen and wildcat (which is anything BUT wild...))  I do think Gus is a good man.  I appreciate what he did with Sean at the start of this season.  I think that took guts.  I would have said, "We need to help these young men in their time of need.  And hell, I need a backup QB!"   But you MUST have a bunch of plays to win in this league.  Hell, even the old NCAA X-Box game had more plays in the Auburn playbook than Gus shows!  Sigh.  The level of frustration with this coaching staff is through the roof after yesterday.

Lots of opinions above. Why not go after Stidham's former Baylor coach Briles. Heck he hasn't done anything worse than Pearl did. We have to be careful going after high profilr guys like Peterson and getting turned down. Too many turn downs is bad PR. JMHO

2 minutes ago, klear63 said:

Is it just me, or does it really feel like GM has only has 5 plays in his playbook?  (Run off right tackle, sweep, long bomb, WR screen and wildcat (which is anything BUT wild...))  I do think Gus is a good man.  I appreciate what he did with Sean at the start of this season.  I think that took guts.  I would have said, "We need to help these young men in their time of need.  And hell, I need a backup QB!"   But you MUST have a bunch of plays to win in this league.  Hell, even the old NCAA X-Box game had more plays in the Auburn playbook than Gus shows!  Sigh.  The level of frustration with this coaching staff is through the roof after yesterday.

I have to disagree with the bolded part.  Gus had two years to address the needs of SW’s issue, that issue didn’t happen overnight.  He didn’t address it then because he needed SW to perform as he was the only option at QB for two years.  As soon as he had Stidham, Gus now addresses the problem.  If Gus had guts he would have suspended SW when the issue arose, not wait until he had his QB in the fold.

Gus enabled SW’s actions until he had a better option and then he tossed SW to the curb.  Yep, a sign of a good man.

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have to disagree with the bolded part.  Gus had two years to address the needs of SW’s issue, that issue didn’t happen overnight.  He didn’t address it then because he needed SW to perform as he was the only option at QB for two years.  As soon as he had Stidham, Gus now addresses the problem.  If Gus had guts he would have suspended SW when the issue arose, not wait until he had his QB in the fold.

Gus enabled SW’s actions until he had a better option and then he tossed SW to the curb.  Yep, a sign of a good man.

4_AU, thank you for that.  I didn't realize he knew about the issues last year.  You are totally right and I stand corrected.

Just now, klear63 said:

I agree with you TigerFanAU but as fans, let's not pull our support from the players.  No matter what happens to the coach, we need to be there for the young men TRYING to make his game plan work.  Don't get me wrong.  I wanted to burn everything that said AU on it yesterday after the loss.  I felt like I could have coached a better half and I've never coached in my life.  I could have drawn up plays in the dirt - "Okay, Jarrett, you're the bottle cap...." -

4_AU, thank you for that.  I didn't realize he knew about the issues last year.  You are totally right and I stand corrected.

It’s just my opinion, I’m sure others on here disagree with it, but it seemed obvious to me.

Guest WarEagleSteve

Here's the bottom line. Auburn has had top 10 recruiting classes every year that Gus has been here. Their average rivals ranking is better over that span than Clemson, Oklahoma, and Penn State. With that talent, Gus has managed a 21-15 SEC record with ZERO wins in Athens, Tuscaloosa, or Baton Rouge. He has yet to win a bowl game against a Power 5 opponent and is 4-9 combined against Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. He has one win in three tries against ranked nonconference opponents (Kansas State in 2014). He has only finished over .500 in SEC play twice. This is not the resume of a championship winning coach.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Lots of opinions above. Why not go after Stidham's former Baylor coach Briles. Heck he hasn't done anything worse than Pearl did. We have to be careful going after high profilr guys like Peterson and getting turned down. Too many turn downs is bad PR. JMHO

Not worse than what Pearl did?  What exactly do you think Bruce did? 

I just don't see why Gus just can't have the balls to step up and say I just can't do this.   I thought I could but I can't.  I'm resigning effective at the end of the season.  Yall go ahead and start a coaching search.  I'll take half on my buy-out, it was ridiculous anyway and I can always get a job as a commentator if I ever need more money.  My defensive coaches have done a great job and I hope you can make a deal with the new HC to keep them.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good stuff. Think I will forego fishing this afternoon to hear the AU press release at 2:00 pm. Bet the PTBs meeting at the Hotel & Conference Center right now. 

What press release at 2:00 pm?

41 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not worse than what Pearl did?  What exactly do you think Bruce did? 

He lied to NCAA investigators looking into allegations of recruiting violations at UT and was subsequently penalized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Pearl#NCAA_investigation

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

He lied to NCAA investigators looking into allegations of recruiting violations at UT and was subsequently penalized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Pearl#NCAA_investigation

And you think what Briles did or failed to do wasn't any worse?

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And you think what Briles did or failed to do wasn't any worse?

What did Briles DO? Did I say either one was worse than the other? If we in fact hired Pearl under his circumtances why not hire Briles?

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

What did he DO? Did I say either one was worse than the other?

I didn't say you said one was worse.  I questioned you saying that what Briles did wasn't any worse than what Pearl did:

"Why not go after Stidham's former Baylor coach Briles. Heck he hasn't done anything worse than Pearl did. "

At best he allowed sexual predators to run amok on his team with no oversight or stepping in by him to put a stop to it.  At worst he knew about their antics and looked the other way or was in denial.

Either way, I'd say that's way worse than lying to an investigator about a prospect being at a BBQ in my backyard.

And given what we have just been raked over the coals for with the women's softball program, we're about the last school on earth who should be giving Briles his next shot at coaching.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

What did Briles DO? Did I say either one was worse than the other? If we in fact hired Pearl under his circumtances why not hire Briles?

tenor.gif

Archived