Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

This is what could and likely will happen:

1. We lose to TAMU

2. We lose to Arky.

3. Lose to UGA

4. Lose to bammer

We struggle to win the lone no conference game. We fire Gus......We fire Gus. I would have rather lost 49-6 today than the way it happened. As far as I am concerned, the season is over......yes over.....stick a fork in the dead bird and go play a round of golf and lose 500 golf balls in the process.

Do not let Jacobs hire another FB coach ever. Go after a proven winner.  I like Mark Richt ........TCU Patterson......After all is said and done.....yes there still is a God and this will remain constant no matter how hard I prayed for him to help us to win that game.

Heck, even Les Miles is available. Then again........I do like the guy at Purdue.......PJ Fleck is one coach we should look at. If we lose the rest of our games or even 3 out of the 4 SEC then Gus must pack up his stubborn kit and hit the road. Go back to Arkansas and coach HS football again.

Whoever the worst college football coach is right now.... he is better than Gus. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As of a hour ago out. Not confirmed yet but this guy would know. 

If he is fired tonight he is owed $8.4 million. If that happens, it’ll show UT’s resolve to improve and our same ole same ole status quo. 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Listen to what they just said in the alabama game. Saban delivered a message to his team from last week because they lost the second half and treated it like they lost the game. That’s why they are at a high level and we are not

Gus has never been a good second half coach.. never. 

We need to move Steele to Interim Head coach and let Chip take the offense and Steele to stay out of his way.   What we saw today was inexcusable and should have never happened.  We have to make a change or we'll never see anything different.  It sucks but its the reality of where we are, IMO.

How about Mike Bobo? I'm pretty sure he would walk to Auburn for the job. And he might be salty enough about the consistent lack of respect given to him by the fan base as UGA's OC...even though he kept breaking school records year after year. 

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

We need to move Steele to Interim Head coach and let Chip take the offense and Steele to stay out of his way.   What we saw today was inexcusable and should have never happened.  We have to make a change or we'll never see anything different.  It sucks but its the reality of where we are, IMO.

Seems to be the best plan moving forward

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

On butch or Gus?

We're going keep Gus until it gets real bad. Remember when JJ said that he knew we needed a new coach after the Arky game when Chiz was here... we continued to play Seven more games. 

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh come on. Talk about Gus 2.0

No way! Chip won the Pac with 3*s, leftover 4*s none of the California schools wanted, and the RARE 5*. He came within a field goal of our Cam Newton team. Chip will be coaching in the SEC soon. Better hope it's with us and not anyone else in the West

25 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Seems about right. Should have Jetgated him in 2015 for Herman or Fuentes. Now there is no one available.

Yes there is

8 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I'm ready for Gus to go too, now, but you are completely, 110% out of your cotton-pickin' mind! Steele got absolutely destroyed as HC at Baylor. He was one of the worst in their very much less than glorious history. Steele is a fine choice if you want us to lose out. 

Gus finishes the season, barring a complete collapse. If JJ isn't canned, we probably suffer another season of this. If JJ goes, all bets are off. Worst part is, I don't see a gettable quality coach out there. 

Archived