Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read where Arandork, the Lsu DC simply moved one of his DBs into the box to stop KJs 9 yard runs and pretty much shut that down with a simple adjustment.  I am not an X & Os guy, but I think I have a solution for Gus that would have stopped that and would have opened up the run game again for long enough to put the game out of reach.,

Go to a jumbo package and bring in our biggest TE and have him to block out their LB enough to get KJ open. Also, put Chandler Cox on A. Key and have him to focus on no one else but Key. Have JS go under center and run out of the I formation with KJ as the feature back in that formation. Have Cox to hawk on Key not matter where Key was situated. I think this would have confused the heck out of their defense. Mix in about 5 well thought out trick plays in the mix that had not been run all season.

Gus used to be able to confound defenses. Not anymore. I would love to see Gus get a virus that would put him out of commission for 2 weeks and watch CCL run the offense Gus free. I think we would see some serious offense all 4 quarters without any let up.

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I read where Arandork, the Lsu DC simply moved one of his LBs to stop KJs 9 yard runs and pretty much shut that down with a simple adjustment.  I am not an X & Os guy, but I think I have a solution for Gus that would have stopped that and would have opened up the run game again for long enough to put the game out of reach.,

Go to a jumbo package and bring in our biggest TE and have him to block out their LB enough to get KJ open. Also, put Chandler Cox on A. Key and have him to focus on no one else but Key. Have JS go under center and run out of the I formation with KJ as the feature back in that formation. Have Cox to hawk on Key not matter where Key was situated. I think this would have confused the heck out of their defense. Mix in about 5 well thought out trick plays in the mix that had not been run all season.

Gus used to be able to confound defenses. Not anymore. I would love to see Gus get a virus that would put him out of commission for 2 weeks and watch CCL run the offense Gus free. I think we would see some serious offense all 4 quarters without any let up.

A virus would not work.  Gus would use Skype.  The only way to get an offense Gus-free is if he is in a coma.

Kidding aside, if I have learned one thing from watching Auburn football under Gus, it is this:  He has a plan.  Sometimes the plan is great, and succeeds brilliantly.  Sometimes it is not, and fails horribly.  The plan will be adhered to, in either scenario.  When the plan is demonstrated to be bad, it will not be acknowledged in public, or in fact.  The plan will never be the problem.

Miralax or Exlax needs to hire Gus to do a commercial. It could show defenses figuring out his offense in that it is as predictable as either of these laxatives. This way, he gets his millions and we can get rid of him and hire someone like Mark Richt, or Fuentes at VA Tech. Get Tim Cook of Apple to chip in a $5 million signing bonus for the new coach. Pay the coach $5.5 million per year with the $5 million signing bonus!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Miralax or Exlax needs to hire Gus to do a commercial. It could show defenses figuring out his offense in that it is as predictable as either of these laxatives. This way, he gets his millions and we can get rid of him and hire someone like Mark Richt, or Fuentes at VA Tech. Get Tim Cook of Apple to chip in a $5 million signing bonus for the new coach. Pay the coach $5.5 million per year with the $5 million signing bonus!

I got a feeling that Tim Cook doesn't care all that much about football. Sad too because we need a big ticket donor a la Nike and Oregon

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

I got a feeling that Tim Cook doesn't care all that much about football. Sad too because we need a big ticket donor a la Nike and Oregon

Actually he is a huge Auburn Football fan.

IMG_0624.JPG

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Actually he is a huge Auburn Football fan.

IMG_0624.JPG

Well shoot if it starts winning us some games we should slap the apple on our helmets

55 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

A virus would not work.  Gus would use Skype.  The only way to get an offense Gus-free is if he is in a coma.

Kidding aside, if I have learned one thing from watching Auburn football under Gus, it is this:  He has a plan.  Sometimes the plan is great, and succeeds brilliantly.  Sometimes it is not, and fails horribly.  The plan will be adhered to, in either scenario.  When the plan is demonstrated to be bad, it will not be acknowledged in public, or in fact.  The plan will never be the problem.

What do you mean “if” he is in a coma? Dude has been coaching like he’s comatose for 3+ years now....

38 minutes ago, jmcrosson said:

Dropping by to see if coach Gus Malzahn can effectively drop "coach" from his name due to his being fired. 

Not sure if I’m right but I feel like I’m seeing a recurring theme in your posts ?....

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I honestly have no faith in Tubs now. He basically still supports Gus. 

IMG_2472.PNG

He is not going to publicity display his disdain for Gus, especially since he was good to tucker.

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is not going to publicity display his disdain for Gus, especially since he was good to tucker.

I didn't think about that, good point 

13 hours ago, Strychnine said:

You're right. I would just one time like to see Gus (this past Sat. would have been a good time) to say I screwed up in the second half and the loss is my fault. We had a good game plan for the first half, but did not make the proper adjustments at halftime. I will learn from this and not let it happen again. I would hold my breath waiting for this, but would not live very long cause I don't see it happening. Instead the best explanation he came up with was "This is unacceptable". Wow Gus!

On 10/15/2017 at 12:03 PM, TitanTiger said:

Yes.  

Tevin Elliott was convicted of sexual assault in 2014 and is serving 20 years in prison.  

Sam Ukwuachu was convicted of sexual assault but it was overturned earlier this year and he's awaiting a new trial.

Shawn Oakman is awaiting trial for sexual assault now.

Rami Hammad was arrested for sexual assault and stalking.

Thank you for setting the record straight on this.

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Compare Auburn to the teams on that list. Believe it or not, there are worse teams off than a team that just one week ago was ranked #10 in the nation and still has a (slight) chance of making their conference championship.

2 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Compare Auburn to the teams on that list. Believe it or not, there are worse teams off than a team that just one week ago was ranked #10 in the nation and still has a (slight) chance of making their conference championship.

Think that’s what’s bothering a lot of people ......the lost potential from a very winnable game. I was having to follow the game on ESPN game tracker and they provide an ongoing percentage chance for a team to win that game at any given point in the game. At the end of the first quarter AU had a 96% chance to win! (Actually, in the third quarter it was still about 85%) We would have been number 6 this week. I think the anger would be less if the game was toe to toe all day and we just did not pull it out in the end. As many have noted, it’s not the loss itself, it’s the way we lost.

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Malzahn will take Sumlin's place on the list November 5th..

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Think that’s what’s bothering a lot of people ......the lost potential from a very winnable game. I was having to follow the game on ESPN game tracker and they provide an ongoing percentage chance for a team to win that game at any given point in the game. At the end of the first quarter AU had a 96% chance to win! (Actually, in the third quarter it was still about 85%) We would have been number 6 this week. I think the anger would be less if the game was toe to toe all day and we just did not pull it out in the end. As many have noted, it’s not the loss itself, it’s the way we lost.

I understand, I was pretty disappointed myself and don't think Malzahn is a big game coach. Statistics prove that to be the case. However, in reference to the article posted, "we would have been number 6 this week" makes it seem insane nationally that fans want to scorch earth the program and start over.

11 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

I understand, I was pretty disappointed myself and don't think Malzahn is a big game coach. Statistics prove that to be the case. However, in reference to the article posted, "we would have been number 6 this week" makes it seem insane nationally that fans want to scorch earth the program and start over.

Valid point

On 10/17/2017 at 1:33 AM, TAYLORKEETON said:

I honestly have no faith in Tubs now. He basically still supports Gus. 

IMG_2472.PNG

Not much different than Tubby. Look at the similarities. Neither could just let the offense alone. Neither was very big on being truthful. And finally both thought it was okay to lose a couple of games they shouldn’t each year. Oh and they both have Arkansas ties. Personally I would be happy if Tubby found some place else to reside.

Contemplating this coaching situation and possible candidates.

1. Best option is to get a proven successful coach to leave their program and join ours. I that case I would throw 4.5 million at Dan Mullen. If he can accomplish what he has at MSU, think of what he could do with our talent and resources.

2. If we have to go with up and coming coaches, the two options I like are Babers at Syracuse (look at his limited resources and how he was able to beat Clemson when we were not), and Scott Frost (another coach winning with very limited resources).

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2017 at 6:05 PM, TitanTiger said:

I'm done.  Literally the dumbest display of going into a shell I've ever seen, including the Tubershell years.  Three quarters worth of KJ up the gut for two plays then flinging it into a crowd 40 yds downfield.  The man is just so ******* stubborn and stuck in his ways he cannot and will not change.

Hit the bricks, Gus.

When you make a statement like this publicly, then the person you called out turns it around and fixes the problem, then mea culpas should be just as public.  I was angry and I didn't see any way he was going to fix it.  I was wrong.  He learned from what lost us that game and we're sitting at 10-2, dominating wins over both our biggest rivals and a berth in the SECCG with a chance at the CFP.  I can't ask much more than that (other than not blowing the rematch).

I'm back on the bus, Gus.  My apologies.

Archived