Time to boycott

FoundationEagle

I'm usually the first to defend someone being unfairly attacked or when someone is being attacked by everyone. Not this time. I'm usually the one to say the players deserve our support, however supporting them at this point supports Gus so not this time. They deserve better. 

The best support we can give these players now is to full on boycott AU football until Gus is fired. If everyone continues to show up for games and the football team continues to be a profit, the PTB won't care as much about this embarrassment. When it hits their pocketbooks, they will be forced to act. And let's not all pretend that firing Gus is up to JJ. Everyone here who knows the inner working of AU knows this goes way above his head. Unfortunately they will be the same ones that hire the next coach, but we cannot accept this any more. It's time to full on boycott watching, attending or supporting this program until they are forced to make a change. I may be alone here but I'm done giving them my money. I wanted Gus fired last year but chose to support him one more time in hopes this year would be different. Instead I just witnessed the worst coached game too to bottom I've ever witnessed in my almost 40 years (yes this was leaps and bounds worse than tater tots last years). 

Support the players future by refusing to accept their present situation 

After many years on this forum and being a silent member/watcher, dating back to the AU-Eagle site, I can no longer take sh-t. Can we please get rid of this a-whole coach? What a jerk.  

From the original WarTiger.

I have been a season ticket holder for 30 plus years. If  Gus is not fired, this will be my last year buying season tickets. I will not attend any more games this year. I am just too disgusted. I hate it for our players. 

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Quit covering for JJ. You need to acknowledge that JJ should be fired for incompetency.

wde

The main thing he needs to be fired for is just being a jerk from start to finish. In case you guys haven’t noticed it’s not due to incompetence it’s done for a reason . Since Tubby left he wants to make sure that any coaches he hires will never be a threat to show how really stupid he is . If you think for a minute the JJ is an Auburn man your are kidding yourself. He is and has always been all about himself. He could give a rats butt what happens to AU as long as he keeps making money.

4 minutes ago, WarEagle123 said:

I'll take anyone's tickets that is actually

Bye

Be sure to raise your hand when people ask why Gus is here next year.  Bc you keep supporting him. 

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Be sure to raise your hand when people ask why Gus is here next year.  Bc you keep supporting him. 

Not supporting him. Auburn is more important to me than any one person. Auburn is family. I will support this team no matter how good or bad we are. Or no matter who the coach is. You guys just go boycott and I'll stick by my family. 

Just now, WarEagle123 said:

Not supporting him. Auburn is more important to me than any one person. Auburn is family. I will support this team no matter how good or bad we are. Or no matter who the coach is. You guys just go boycott and I'll stick by my family. 

Supporting the team and supporting Gus are two very different things.  But ok then.  

I've never been on the Fire Gus train until now. I've always given the benefit of the doubt and thought he was learning and was patient. I've always said he'll learn from this. 

Gus has not learned. It happened in 2013 In the national championship, it happened in 2014 against Alabama, it happened in 2016 against UGA, It happened in 2017 against clemson, and now it has happened in a big game that we should have won handily. A Conservative mindset on both sides of the ball when he's taken a big lead by getting aggressive. He hasn't learned to keep the foot on the gas even when the entire fanbase have yelled it at him for 5 years. That's the problem. He will not learn from his mistakes. This is the most embarrassing loss in terms of what we had in front of us and the difficulty of our opponent-  and it is time to move on. 

so I should give up my season tickets to seats & neighbors that I LOVE in hopes that the Billionaires up in the skyboxes take notice???

Dont get me wrong I want him gone ASAP. But I’m not throwing decades of work. 

9 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Supporting the team and supporting Gus are two very different things.  But ok then.  

You're right it is different. But too many people on here want to boycott auburn football. Which would betray over 100 players because of 1 guy. I'll still with my guys. 

Just now, WarEagle123 said:

You're right it is different. But too many people on here want to boycott auburn football. Which would betray over 100 players because of 1 guy. I'll still with my guys. 

You’re right but they deserve better than this crap and paying for tickets all it does is show the admin fans support this and keeps Malzahns pockets deep.  

Forget boycotting.  Fans will eventually not show up because of horrible coaching and football.   Auburn has consistently been content with being average.  Every once in a while they have a great year.  I don’t care how much they update the football amenities, it won’t make up for crap football.

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

I'm usually the first to defend someone being unfairly attacked or when someone is being attacked by everyone. Not this time. I'm usually the one to say the players deserve our support, however supporting them at this point supports Gus so not this time. They deserve better. 

The best support we can give these players now is to full on boycott AU football until Gus is fired. If everyone continues to show up for games and the football team continues to be a profit, the PTB won't care as much about this embarrassment. When it hits their pocketbooks, they will be forced to act. And let's not all pretend that firing Gus is up to JJ. Everyone here who knows the inner working of AU knows this goes way above his head. Unfortunately they will be the same ones that hire the next coach, but we cannot accept this any more. It's time to full on boycott watching, attending or supporting this program until they are forced to make a change. I may be alone here but I'm done giving them my money. I wanted Gus fired last year but chose to support him one more time in hopes this year would be different. Instead I just witnessed the worst coached game too to bottom I've ever witnessed in my almost 40 years (yes this was leaps and bounds worse than tater tots last years). 

Support the players future by refusing to accept their present situation 

As bad as this was I have to disagree I think time may make you forget details of Miss St '98 and LSU '98 games they were really really bad games

3 minutes ago, AUTigereyez said:

I’m so ready to see a breaking news thread with the termination of Gus.  Throwing away a championship defense bc we can’t move the dang ball. 

won't move the ball.

48 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

As bad as this was I have to disagree I think time may make you forget details of Miss St '98 and LSU '98 games they were really really bad games

We literally ran the ball on first down SEVENTEEN TIMES IN A ROW. Even tot wasn't that ignorant 

Archived