Time to boycott

FoundationEagle

I love Auburn and always will no matter what but I, for my own sake, can no longer watch these games while this current staff is in place. Let’s cut our loses on what they may with recruiting and transfers and let’s get a new staff and build something. I rather lose in build years with a new staff than win with this coach. 

14 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

We literally ran the ball on first down SEVENTEEN TIMES IN A ROW. Even tot wasn't that ignorant 

And how many of those 17 times were RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE??!! It’s beyond comprehending.

Sad but True . Nothing is going to change until higher ups pockets are getting hit . This was the year to really get a run at it with the talent on the team . Next year will be replacing a lot of folks especially on the offensive line. Has nothing to do with not being apart of the family . 

15 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Sad but True . Nothing is going to change until higher ups pockets are getting hit . This was the year to really get a run at it with the talent on the team . Next year will be replacing a lot of folks especially on the offensive line. Has nothing to do with not being apart of the family . 

It has nothing to do with the higher ups pockets getting hit.  One has already offered the money to pay the buyout.  

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It has nothing to do with the higher ups pockets getting hit.  One has already offered the money to pay the buyout.  

Nice!!!!! Who is pumping the  brakes on it ? You think anything will come of it ? 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. 

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Link? ;D 

Unfortunately my point remains. Even when they fire Gus, they will be the ones to hire the next guy so odds of getting better are slim iyam. I'd be shocked if Muschamp isn't on the list as well as Miles (both got fired from their last SEC jobs). Heck I'd even bet Tubbs is on the list with Steele as a backup candidate

Either way, as long as they make the first move I'll support again in hopes they let someone with a brain hire the next coach. Hopefully they go with the same strategy that netted Pearl and the new softball coach as both hires were unexpectedly high quality. However we all know the football hire will be meddled with and controlled. Maybe we get a miracle

17 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Link? ;D 

Unfortunately my point remains. Even when they fire Gus, they will be the ones to hire the next guy so odds of getting better are slim iyam. I'd be shocked if Muschamp isn't on the list as well as Miles (both got fired from their last SEC jobs). Heck I'd even bet Tubbs is on the list with Steele as a backup candidate

Either way, as long as they make the first move I'll support again in hopes they let someone with a brain hire the next coach. Hopefully they go with the same strategy that netted Pearl and the new softball coach as both hires were unexpectedly high quality. However we all know the football hire will be meddled with and controlled. Maybe we get a miracle

Why would anyone want to come here if the program will be controlled? That’s what I don’t understand. 

36 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Link? ;D 

Can't give you one but I am pretty sure @bigbird can confirm this.

When it comes to hiring the next coach, my faith in the process is much like yours.  While it will never happen the best thing we could do is offer a top tier coach $7-8 million and full control and actually limit the meddling, there will always be some no matter where you are.

The other thing is, if JJ is on his way out then we need to get a new AD in and start that process ASAP, also part of that process would be gaining the trust of the guys that are gonna foot the bill.  

49 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Link? ;D 

Yes and that is why we remain in the situation we are in.  Something's gotta give.  

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Truth and after yesterday a few are willing to split it.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who should we contact to demand a change of AD? And what is the more effective method (email, phone)?

Just tweet. That's how Heath's applying.

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

That sounds like Jimmy Rane kind of money

We can speak out...The players can't. Lots of people will think going to games will support the players...Not going will really support the players. The team will manage to win a few more games and Gus will remain coach because of that and the board thinking "hey they're still going to the games no matter what so we good". It will only take the extreme for a change to happen.

Archived