Why Gus will Absolutely be our Coach Next Season.

CoffeeTiger

This is 100% correct. Jacobs isn't going to let him go this year during the season. Lets say we do finish 9-3 and get a bowl win. thats 10-3 (9-4 most likely) and y'all will be saying the exact opposite of what you are saying now. I swear, some of y'all forget what the 2012 season was like. Thats bad. There were people a week ago praising Gus that are now doing the opposite. Its like buying a new car because your old one needed an oil change or new tires. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/14/2017 at 7:36 PM, steeleagle said:

I agree. Boycotting games is easy and not fair to players who work their ass off.

The only way change is made is with voices, emails, etc. to the President, Board, and yes our AD. It will work, along with the results we just got, and the history of Gus' team in the second half of the season. 

The only thing these folks will follow is when you embarrass them. When the camera crews start showing empty seats it will force their hands. This isn’t unique it’s been done before and has gotten the job done every time. When it becomes a news story that the fan base has lost faith in management then it becomes a motivating factor for someone to make a change.

Gus will be fired because he is not able to coach div I sec big boy football.  The sooner the better so we may be able to have the coordinators do their jobs. JJ will also be fired.  Now mods please close this thread that is just making people more upset than they already are. 

8 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Gus will be fired because he is not able to coach div I sec big boy football.  The sooner the better so we may be able to have the coordinators do their jobs. JJ will also be fired.  Now mods please close this thread that is just making people more upset than they already are. 

I'm with you....I'll bet those 2 kids know who is the boss at your house

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

I'm with you....I'll bet those 2 kids know who is the boss at your house

Haha.....  one just graduated from AU but other from UGA.  House very divided

On 10/14/2017 at 6:57 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Burt gets fired from Arkie I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus make a lateral there. @doverstutts could be on to something. The heat will be on Gus. And Gus doesn't like the heat. 

IDK.  Looking at this year and the last three seasons I would think Gus loves the heat.

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

IDK.  Looking at this year and the last three seasons I would think Gus loves the heat.

I don’t know if he actually likes the heat or is just a freaking idiot that can’t get out of his own way. One thing he ( and everybody else) should now be definitely aware of, is he is not and has not ever been an offensive genius or a capable HC. That much he has proven beyond doubt.

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t know if he actually likes the heat or is just a freaking idiot that can’t get out of his own way. One thing he ( and everybody else) should now be definitely aware of, is he is not and has not ever been an offensive genius or a capable HC. That much he has proven beyond doubt.

Well hurry up no huddle is really just re-inventing the wheel imo.  We also still dont know why he has gotten away from tempo. However, define capable coach?  To me, all Gus is and ever will be is an 8-4 coach. thats not bad, but I feel that we can do better.  I think Gus could d wonders at Troy, or Kent State, or UTEP.  but not  here.

14 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Well hurry up no huddle is really just re-inventing the will imo.  We also still dont know why he has gotten away from tempo. However, define capable coach?  To me, all Gus is and ever will be is an 8-4 coach. thats not bad, but I feel that we can do better.  I think Gus could d wonders at Troy, or Kent State, or UTEP.  but not  here.

Then I hope that Kent or El Paso makes him an offer that he can't refuse! I don't think Troy would give him a second look, or the time of day.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:25 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

Think about it guys.

1. The Athletic department is in disarray. The Softball scandal, Chuck Person/basketball scandal, now an ongoing academic investigation. Regardless of whether JJ is our AD next season or not, do you honestly see us making a big football coaching change right now when Football is really the most stable thing going on in Auburn athletics currently? I think the school will want nothing more than to let the dust settle and move on to another year.

"Stable" is a relative term, at best, when applied to Auburn right now.  We can hire a new AD and then replace Gus.

2. We'll finish 8-4 or (though unlikely) 9-3, which will be just good enough not to rock the boat right now, and keep Gus's job. Heck, right now I could even see a 7-5 record not dooming Gus as long as recruiting doesn't take a nose dive or some big problem rears it's head.  

In my mind, literally Gus's only hope is to knock off an undefeated Georgia or Alabama to finish 9-3.  But 8-4 with a fourth straight defeat to both of our biggest rivals will certainly be the death knell for his tenure here.

You're absolutely nuts if you think 7-5 keeps him here.  There is no coach at a top tier school in the country would can survive 8-5, 7-6, 8-5, 7-5 with that including going 0-8 vs the school's two biggest rivals.  None.  Zero.

3. Who out there are we going to go after as a good replacement? The available coaching pool out there isn't exactly ripe with talent, and we'd just be taking a chance on an up and comer again like we did with Chizik and Malzahn. Could work, but the recent coaching landscape hasn't exactly done favors for the likes of LSU, Florida, and Tennessee(who likely will be a big competitor for coaching talent here soon), which aren't exactly in enviable coaching situations right now. + Who here really trusts the current Athletic leadership to make such a critical hire? I think we will be a lot better off keeping gus than letting JJ and his "coaching search committees" making another football hire.

There are candidates out there who would be worth looking at.  The bottom line is this, you can't continue doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  We know what we've got with Gus and it's 7-8 wins a season with talent that should win 9-12 games.

JJ will not make the next hire. 

Tonight sucks and shows that in order for Gus to succeed on an elite level, he has to have everything and everyone around him fit perfectly into place by itself, because he doesn't understand how to  make it happen on his own, but Gus isn't a bad football coach and right now I think that's what Auburn will continue to be happy with....for the moment. 

Nope.

Those are fair points, Titan.

I guess when it comes down to it, I believe the football program is in a better place stability wise( though not in coaching), than we were under Chizik, I can't honestly say I trust Auburns leadership to make a good football hire, and I'd hate to see us become what has happened to Tennessee.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:57 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Burt gets fired from Arkie I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus make a lateral there. @doverstutts could be on to something. The heat will be on Gus. And Gus doesn't like the heat. 

Arkansas would get absolutely devastated with Gus's "scheme" there. They dont even know what a dual threat QB is. The 4th or 8th Allen brother they're running right now at QB would get steamrolled

52 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Those are fair points, Titan.

I guess when it comes down to it, I believe the football program is in a better place stability wise( though not in coaching), than we were under Chizik, I can't honestly say I trust Auburns leadership to make a good football hire, and I'd hate to see us become what has happened to Tennessee.

We are headed toward what Tennesee is now under Gus.  Both Chizik and Gus have set the course towards mediocrity except for 2 lightning in a bottle seasons out of 9.  

wde

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Get back to me if he drops the Arky game.

Hey man I want him fired more than anybody on this planet but he's lasted this long and the board and JJ don't care for our opinion so he's staying...and I will come unraveled.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

"Stable" is a relative term, at best, when applied to Auburn right now.  We can hire a new AD and then replace Gus.

In my mind, literally Gus's only hope is to knock off an undefeated Georgia or Alabama to finish 9-3.  But 8-4 with a fourth straight defeat to both of our biggest rivals will certainly be the death knell for his tenure here.

You're absolutely nuts if you think 7-5 keeps him here.  There is no coach at a top tier school in the country would can survive 8-5, 7-6, 8-5, 7-5 with that including going 0-8 vs the school's two biggest rivals.  None.  Zero.

There are candidates out there who would be worth looking at.  The bottom line is this, you can't continue doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  We know what we've got with Gus and it's 7-8 wins a season with talent that should win 9-12 games.

JJ will not make the next hire. 

Nope.

The most damning thing about that record is it has occurred when he has not had a recruiting class ranked lower than 10, and he inherited players from several top 10 classes that preceded his arrival as head coach.  This particular team should be one of the best in the history of Auburn football.  This team should be able to manage more than a pair of field goals against Clemson, and more than 23 points against that LSU team.

This is exactly the same spot we were in 2003 with Tommy Tuberville.  CTT had just finished his 5th crappy season. Everyone knew that CTT was a mediocre coach and the results were the proof.  Our AD tried to get rid of him after an 8-5 season and the enmedia inflamed the dumber part of our fan base into supporting him.  So we got stuck with Tubs for 10 seasons which opened the way for Saban to come in and dominate. 

I do not want to see another year under Gus. LSU had enough competitive spirit to fire Les Miles in the middle of the season.  Surely AU cares enough to make the necessary moves before it is to late.

May there be no alternate universe, no figment of a young boy's imagination, nor thought in anyone or anywhere where Gus Malzahn is the coach of auburn. 

13 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

We are headed toward what Tennesee is now under Gus.  Both Chizik and Gus have set the course towards mediocrity except for 2 lightning in a bottle seasons out of 9.  

wde

Tennessee with Butch Jones would gladly take what we have now. Remember they are 0-3 in the SEC. It may sound impossible but they are in worst shape than us. They cannot get to 8-5 and may go 4-8 this season and not win a conference game. Anyway, I know your frustration. WDE

12 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Gus is AUsome. We need him at AU. Who could do better. Cant wait till next year.

=)

Wow, someone forgot to take their medication.

Archived