Why Gus will Absolutely be our Coach Next Season.

CoffeeTiger

Think about it guys.

1. The Athletic department is in disarray. The Softball scandal, Chuck Person/basketball scandal, now an ongoing academic investigation. Regardless of whether JJ is our AD next season or not, do you honestly see us making a big football coaching change right now when Football is really the most stable thing going on in Auburn athletics currently? I think the school will want nothing more than to let the dust settle and move on to another year.

2. We'll finish 8-4 or (though unlikely) 9-3, which will be just good enough not to rock the boat right now, and keep Gus's job. Heck, right now I could even see a 7-5 record not dooming Gus as long as recruiting doesn't take a nose dive or some big problem rears it's head.  

3. Who out there are we going to go after as a good replacement? The available coaching pool out there isn't exactly ripe with talent, and we'd just be taking a chance on an up and comer again like we did with Chizik and Malzahn. Could work, but the recent coaching landscape hasn't exactly done favors for the likes of LSU, Florida, and Tennessee(who likely will be a big competitor for coaching talent here soon), which aren't exactly in enviable coaching situations right now. + Who here really trusts the current Athletic leadership to make such a critical hire? I think we will be a lot better off keeping gus than letting JJ and his "coaching search committees" making another football hire.

Tonight sucks and shows that in order for Gus to succeed on an elite level, he has to have everything and everyone around him fit perfectly into place by itself, because he doesn't understand how to  make it happen on his own, but Gus isn't a bad football coach and right now I think that's what Auburn will continue to be happy with....for the moment. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After many years on this forum and being a silent member/watcher, dating back to the AU-Eagle site, I can no longer take sh-t. Can we please get rid of this a-hole coach? What a jerk.  

From the original WarTiger.

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

but Gus isn't a bad football coach

He just got outcoached by Farmer Fran.... and the Mercer coach.  And JSU last year.... 

Gus is a bad coach who cannot change, adapt, evolve, or get out of his own way. 

The guy who started this subject about Gus will last is living in a dream world. Either that or he likes the way Gus is coaching and play calling,

Yeah....maybe this wasn't the best time for this thread.

I guess I'm just not as mad about this loss as most because I kind of saw it coming. Lots of hype, #10 ranking, an LSU team that hired a second rate coach and lost to Troy?

This was exactly the type of game Auburn and Gus seems to like to find a way to lose, so while I was absolutely hoping for the best, this loss was just kind of what I expected to see.

I'm annoyed for sure and my eyes almost rolled out of my head in the second half, but I'm not really upset. Now if we lose to
Arkansas, I'll be singing a completely different tune.

We can fire Jacobs and replace him in 45 to 60 days.  It's not rocket science.  Well it seems like it when you promote the chubby redneck crooked ticket office director to Athletic Director as we did with that blasted bumpkin. 

We need Jacobs gone by Thanksgiving.  Period.  If Georgia can fire Richt, we can axe Gus this season. 

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I guess I'm just not as mad about this loss as most because I kind of saw it coming. Lots of hype, #10 ranking, an LSU team that hired a second rate coach and lost to Troy?

This was exactly the type of game Auburn and Gus seems to like to find a way to lose, so while I was absolutely hoping for the best, this loss was just kind of what I expected to see.

I'm annoyed for sure and my eyes almost rolled out of my head in the second half, but I'm not really upset. Now if we lose to

We all worried that the worst could end up happening in this game and POOF! it did. Just because you don't get upset and kick the dog doesn't mean we should continue settling for this HS coach.

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Fortunately we will play Arkansas (like Ole Miss) after Bama beats them down the previous week. Again we will think we have made progress. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Why Gus will Absolutely be our Coach Next Season.
10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We won't lose to a horrible Arky team unless Gus has lost the team. Lets hope that doesn't happen. We all saw in happen in the 2014 UGA game after a devastating loss.

I guess the university will realize if enough people stop paying to see this train wreck that something needs to be done.  But I haven’t supported this idiot of a coach for years and he’s not getting a penny of mine ever.

Just think if you are correct, Gus will be on his 6th year and probably into a new 4 yr. contract extension.

Archived