Why Gus will Absolutely be our Coach Next Season.

CoffeeTiger

11 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I guess the university will realize if enough people stop paying to see this train wreck that something needs to be done.  But I haven’t supported this idiot of a coach for years and he’s not getting a penny of mine ever.

So who is going to send the message to the PTB that we will not accept this level of mediocrity any longer?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChltteTiger said:

So who is going to send the message to the PTB that we will not accept this level of mediocrity any longer?

Vote with your wallet.  Don’t pay to go to home games and if they call you like they call me tell them why.  It’s that simple.  If no butts are in seats changes will be made.

It is getting harder for me to stay positive. I am trying but this game is so similar to the UGA game last year. The UGA game last year made me dislike the way Gus coaches. This game is just inexcusable. 

I hate going through a coaching change. I am still not going to call for anyone's head until after the season but  I will say this... if it goes how I think it will go, he will probably be replaced. We have a TON of talent and he has no excuses any more. 

But Now is the time to support the players. 

58 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Think about it guys.

1. The Athletic department is in disarray. The Softball scandal, Chuck Person/basketball scandal, now an ongoing academic investigation. Regardless of whether JJ is our AD next season or not, do you honestly see us making a big football coaching change right now when Football is really the most stable thing going on in Auburn athletics currently? I think the school will want nothing more than to let the dust settle and move on to another year.

2. We'll finish 8-4 or (though unlikely) 9-3, which will be just good enough not to rock the boat right now, and keep Gus's job. Heck, right now I could even see a 7-5 record not dooming Gus as long as recruiting doesn't take a nose dive or some big problem rears it's head.  

3. Who out there are we going to go after as a good replacement? The available coaching pool out there isn't exactly ripe with talent, and we'd just be taking a chance on an up and comer again like we did with Chizik and Malzahn. Could work, but the recent coaching landscape hasn't exactly done favors for the likes of LSU, Florida, and Tennessee(who likely will be a big competitor for coaching talent here soon), which aren't exactly in enviable coaching situations right now. + Who here really trusts the current Athletic leadership to make such a critical hire? I think we will be a lot better off keeping gus than letting JJ and his "coaching search committees" making another football hire.

Tonight sucks and shows that in order for Gus to succeed on an elite level, he has to have everything and everyone around him fit perfectly into place by itself, because he doesn't understand how to  make it happen on his own, but Gus isn't a bad football coach and right now I think that's what Auburn will continue to be happy with....for the moment. 

You must have a serious case of diarrhea and it has backed up into your mind. 

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It is getting harder for me to stay positive. I am trying but this game is so similar to the UGA game last year. The UGA game last year made me dislike the way Gus coaches. This game is just inexcusable. 

I hate going through a coaching change. I am still not going to call for anyone's head until after the season but  I will say this... if it goes how I think it will go, he will probably be replaced. We have a TON of talent and he has no excuses any more. 

But Now is the time to support the players. 

Your not supporting the players if you keep showing up for the games. It is like telling a drunk that if he can’t quit drinking at least change brands. Any Auburn fans that thinks supporting the players is anything short of making Gus disappear is not a true Auburn fan. In my honest opinion. In fact that is what Gus hopes you keep saying.

34 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Burt gets fired from Arkie I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus make a lateral there. @doverstutts could be on to something. The heat will be on Gus. And Gus doesn't like the heat. 

I am not on to anything, this was on the radio.   TWO different stations

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Your not supporting the players if you keep showing up for the games. It is like telling a drunk that if he can’t quit drinking at least change brands. Any Auburn fans that thinks supporting the players is anything short of making Gus disappear is not a true Auburn fan. In my honest opinion. In fact that is what Gus hopes you keep saying.

Cancel season tickets for next year. That will show them. When everyone cancels they will get the point. 

But these kids, this year, they worked hard all year and they need support now more than ever. Coaching may be Terrible but it is not their fault. 

It would be heartbreaking for them to run out in the UGA game and there not be any fans. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree. Boycotting games is easy and not fair to players who work their ass off.

The only way change is made is with voices, emails, etc. to the President, Board, and yes our AD. It will work, along with the results we just got, and the history of Gus' team in the second half of the season. 

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I agree. Boycotting games is easy and not fair to players who work their ass off.

The only way change is made is with voices, emails, etc. to the President, Board, and yes our AD. It will work, along with the results we just got, and the history of Gus' team in the second half of the season. 

They don’t care about your complaints.  They care about nice cushy offices and lots of $$$. The only way to vote is with your wallet.  It’s a business after all. 

I have  been an Auburn fan all my life. I have never posted before, but if they don't go ahead and get rid of Jacobs now and replace Gus at the end of the year, we are doomed for mediocrity.

This was the typical Gus play calling which was so obvious. I tried to not say anything before and wanted him to succeed  but he's  got some ego problems and Jacobs has the University  in a very bad position and public perception. I will always love Auburn University. 

56 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Burt gets fired from Arkie I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus make a lateral there. @doverstutts could be on to something. The heat will be on Gus. And Gus doesn't like the heat. 

WE CAN ONLY PRAY...

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That would make two schools happy.

The sad part is BB would not have screwed the game up today like Guster did.

The only way he keeps his job now is to win out and only lose to Bama. Anything short of that and I don't think they keep him. It's very possible that yesterday was his last chance though. We have to much talent not to be better than this.

14 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Cancel season tickets for next year. That will show them. When everyone cancels they will get the point. 

But these kids, this year, they worked hard all year and they need support now more than ever. Coaching may be Terrible but it is not their fault. 

It would be heartbreaking for them to run out in the UGA game and there not be any fans. 

YES YES YES!!!!!!  The team had their hearts broken yesterday. Do not abandon them now. 

26 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

YES YES YES!!!!!!  The team had their hearts broken yesterday. Do not abandon them now. 

Do not get so mushy belle ^-^, we will have some fans at the UGA game,.........promise ya.

16 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Think about it guys.

1. The Athletic department is in disarray. The Softball scandal, Chuck Person/basketball scandal, now an ongoing academic investigation. Regardless of whether JJ is our AD next season or not, do you honestly see us making a big football coaching change right now when Football is really the most stable thing going on in Auburn athletics currently? I think the school will want nothing more than to let the dust settle and move on to another year.

2. We'll finish 8-4 or (though unlikely) 9-3, which will be just good enough not to rock the boat right now, and keep Gus's job. Heck, right now I could even see a 7-5 record not dooming Gus as long as recruiting doesn't take a nose dive or some big problem rears it's head.  

3. Who out there are we going to go after as a good replacement? The available coaching pool out there isn't exactly ripe with talent, and we'd just be taking a chance on an up and comer again like we did with Chizik and Malzahn. Could work, but the recent coaching landscape hasn't exactly done favors for the likes of LSU, Florida, and Tennessee(who likely will be a big competitor for coaching talent here soon), which aren't exactly in enviable coaching situations right now. + Who here really trusts the current Athletic leadership to make such a critical hire? I think we will be a lot better off keeping gus than letting JJ and his "coaching search committees" making another football hire.

Tonight sucks and shows that in order for Gus to succeed on an elite level, he has to have everything and everyone around him fit perfectly into place by itself, because he doesn't understand how to  make it happen on his own, but Gus isn't a bad football coach and right now I think that's what Auburn will continue to be happy with....for the moment. 

As much as I hate the idea and want a change I agree that this will be the case.

2 hours ago, bg5 said:

The only way he keeps his job now is to win out and only lose to Bama. Anything short of that and I don't think they keep him. It's very possible that yesterday was his last chance though. We have to much talent not to be better than this.

I 100% agree with you. Unless he goes 9-3 this year and beats UGA or Bammer, I can’t see him surviving. A 7-5 record is the most likely outcome though.

On 10/14/2017 at 7:36 PM, steeleagle said:

I’m not sure the players wouldn’t appreciate us fans not showing up. I am quite sure they were embarrassed to have to preform this crap in front of a live audience. I would be. 

I think that the moment we're mathematically out of the SECCG race, he'll be let go.  LSU is going to lose to bama...assuming that, means that we're really still in the race.  

I'd put Horton in charge for the interim and go after the biggest fish I could find.  I would avoid giving Steele the interim title b/c I'd hope my next coach would consider keeping the D staff intact (At least Steele, Williams, and Garner).

Archived