Why Gus will Absolutely be our Coach Next Season.

CoffeeTiger

Seen in another website that JJ was offered an retirement package but hasn’t agreed to it because he believes that he can turn things around.

So imo if an exit plan for him is in place then hopefully they have some candidates for new AD. New AD will have follow boards first command. Gus is out. Well unless Gus beat tam and uga. Hard to fire a 9-3 coach. Add a bowl game win and it might save JJ. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think that Gus saw what happened to Sumlin the first game of the season and vowed it would not happen to him? (Many indicated that Sumlin would have won that game had he just ran the ball three times each series after getting ahead and used up clock instead of throwing).  He had leads in the three previous games and sat on them in the second half and came out ahead.  Of course, nine points is not the type of lead most coaches would try to sit on.  Bottom line is he ended up doing EXACTLY what Sumlin did with the same outcome and reaction from the fan base. Since he’s still here, ?wonder if he will at least change that line of thinking?? (Although, going forward, it’s not likely he will have leads to sit on in the remaining games).

1 hour ago, auskull said:

Wow, someone forgot to take their medication.

a little sarcasm. you should have read my next post.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Does anyone think that Gus saw what happened to Sumlin the first game of the season and vowed it would not happen to him? (Many indicated that Sumlin would have won that game had he just ran the ball three times each series after getting ahead and used up clock instead of throwing).  He had leads in the three previous games and sat on them in the second half and came out ahead.  Of course, nine points is not the type of lead most coaches would try to sit on.  Bottom line is he ended up doing EXACTLY what Sumlin did with the same outcome and reaction from the fan base. Since he’s still here, ?wonder if he will at least change that line of thinking?? (Although, going forward, it’s not likely he will have leads to sit on in the remaining games).

By some divine intervention I suppose he can see the light... It's literally the only keeping him from being the dangerous coach he used to be. I won't be holding my breath though...

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Arkansas would get absolutely devastated with Gus's "scheme" there. They dont even know what a dual threat QB is. The 4th or 8th Allen brother they're running right now at QB would get steamrolled

Surprisingly, Gus doesn’t know what a DT QB is either unless it falls from heaven.  Remember, it took Gus 3 or 4 games to know what he had in both Cam and NM.

It took pure athletic ability and player instinct (drive) to beat both Wash State and Miss ST in 2013, it wasn’t Gus’ scheme.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Surprisingly, Gus doesn’t know what a DT QB is either unless it falls from heaven.  Remember, it took Gus 3 or 4 games to know what he had in both Cam and NM.

It took pure athletic ability and player instinct (drive) to beat both Wash State and Miss ST in 2013, it wasn’t Gus’ scheme.

That's what Im saying lol. Arkansas wouldn't win a SEC game with Gus out there. We win here with him based off pure talent. 

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Gus was pulling Sumlins 3 years ago, he can't predate an event and then use that event as a basis for his reasoning 

2 hours ago, Jayee165 said:

Seen in another website that JJ was offered an retirement package but hasn’t agreed to it because he believes that he can turn things around.

So imo if an exit plan for him is in place then hopefully they have some candidates for new AD. New AD will have follow boards first command. Gus is out. Well unless Gus beat tam and uga. Hard to fire a 9-3 coach. Add a bowl game win and it might save JJ. 

JJ is a sunshine pumper, what would you expect?

I would be ECSTATIC if Gus ended up at Arkansas. Not only do we get rid of him but he goes to a division rival! We would get to face his 5 play offense every year.

He's getting 8 wins with AU talent. That probably equates to 4-6 wins yearly with Arky talent...lol maybe even less? And we could finally negatively recruit against him with the ease that our rivals now are doing to us.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I would be ECSTATIC if Gus ended up at Arkansas. Not only do we get rid of him but he goes to a division rival! We would get to face his 5 play offense every year.

He's getting 8 wins with AU talent. That probably equates to 4-6 wins yearly with Arky talent...lol maybe even less? And we could finally negatively recruit against him with the ease that our rivals now are doing to us.

Excellent point!

I am so tired of The Who are we going to hire crap. The nation is full of bright young talent and has many good seasoned coaches looking for work. Who you say, well Coach Stoops or coach Muschamp (if would could ever say goodbye to JJ). 

I have been a sunshine pumper for several years of which you can go back and check.  I can no longer stomach what Gus is doing. The odds of us winning more than 8 games are slim at best.  I see only a 5% chance of us beating either Uga or bammer. This is what will happen.......

1. we will either  beat Arkansas by a handful of points or lose by a few points

2.  We will lose to Uga by 17 points

3. We will lose to bammer by 18 points

4. We will lose to TAMU by 14 points

This is a very likely scenario to finish out the season

This puts us at 7-5 or 6-6  There is 0 way Gus will stay as HC.

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I have been a sunshine pumper for several years of which you can go back and check.

Yes you have. I have lurked for years, and like you, cannot stay silent any longer for my beloved Auburn.

38 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Yes you have. I have lurked for years, and like you, cannot stay silent any longer for my beloved Auburn.

I have pumped AU sunshine for years but the Uga game last year turned me. This year I have remained silent, even after the Clemson game. But the Lsu game, like the uga game last year, is just inexcusable. 

I have wondered if some Lsu sack man ($$$$$$$$ sack that is), paid Gus a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to call such a horrible offensive game after we had a 20-0 lead. For the love of me, I cannot figure out any other way Gus would call such a stupid 2 plus quarters of offensive barf that was not fit for even bammer.  I have had a solar eclipse of the sun and will no longer pump sunshine unless Gus can take this team undefeated from here on in. If he does this, we all will forgive and forget.

I do not see this happening even in my wildest dreams. Anything is possible though, but very, very unlikely.

We should start a "No Longer Sunshine Pumpers Club". I will be the first name on the list....

1. Doc the ex-sunshine pumper.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:46 PM, doc4aday said:

This puts us at 7-5 or 6-6  There is 0 way Gus will stay as HC.

Doc, right now, I am not so sure....WDE needs to get in here so I can ask him some questions, and these are questions that I'm afraid to ask.     I've been told that if Jacobs is still AD after the off week, then there are majors problems in the works...Keep your eyes on Arkansas, hurt feelings are healing

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Doc, right now, I am not so sure....WDE needs to get in here so I can ask him some questions, and these are questions that I'm afraid to ask.     I've been told that if Jacobs is still AD after the off week, then there are majors problems in the works...Keep your eyes on Arkansas, hurt feelings are healing

If we beat Arky, I am afraid that this will be out last SEC win of the season. TAMU at home will be tough especially after the way they have been playing. If Uga and bammer beat us bad enough I cannot see Gus being retained. If we lose to Ark., then the writing is bold on the wall and there is no way unless the REC pays off JJ or the powers that be to keep Gus.

I love our players and they deserve to be coached up to the level that they should never have to lose the way we did Saturday.  If Gus would have gotten creative the 2nd half and we still lost, then I would be a bit less ticked off. I think Gus was just so bent on doing things the way he has done in the past that it clouded his judgment to the point that it cost us the game. I think most of all of the folks on this site agree to this.

If we win out or beat Uga and lose to bammer in a barn burner then yes, then Gus should stay on. We cannot keep a coach who loses those 2 games 4 years in a row. This has never happened in Auburn football since Barfield.  Keeping a coach who goes 0-8 against those teams cannot happen and will not happen. 

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:
Spoiler

If we beat Arky, I am afraid that this will be out last SEC win of the season. TAMU at home will be tough especially after the way they have been playing. If Uga and bammer beat us bad enough I cannot see Gus being retained. If we lose to Ark., then the writing is bold on the wall and there is no way unless the REC pays off JJ or the powers that be to keep Gus.

I love our players and they deserve to be coached up to the level that they should never have to lose the way we did Saturday.  If Gus would have gotten creative the 2nd half and we still lost, then I would be a bit less ticked off. I think Gus was just so bent on doing things the way he has done in the past that it clouded his judgment to the point that it cost us the game. I think most of all of the folks on this site agree to this.

If we win out or beat Uga and lose to bammer in a barn burner then yes, then Gus should stay on.

Spoiler

We cannot keep a coach who loses those 2 games 4 years in a row. This has never happened in Auburn football since Barfield.  Keeping a coach who goes 0-8 against those teams cannot happen and will not happen. 

:slapfh:

I don't understand how we can wait to replace JJ until Dec.  By the time we got an AD in place we would be well behind every other school in the country looking to replace their football staff.

Archived