next Head Coach

Eagle-1

I am hereby applying for the job. I could use a few million dollars. See, I've got this new play. I line the H-back up at QB, he fakes a sweep to the slot receiver, does a pirouette, and then.... Well, never mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Chip Kelly or Chris Peterson.

Neither are coming.  Peterson isn't leaving his gig and Kelly wouldn't come to AU.

We could have had Gary Patterson, but Jacobs is an idiot. I have remained relatively silent about Jacobs, but I will just say I knew the jerk when we were at Auburn at the same time. Didn't like him then, but have not seen him in 30 odd years. He has the job he has for one reason. He is Pat Dye's boy. That is all I'm going to say about that for now.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Make the first 4 here tell you no then move to the remainders

Chris Petersen 

James Franklin

Mike Gundy

Jimbo Fisher

PJ Fleck

Jeff Bromm

Craig Bohl

DJ Durkin

That should take a couple days to contact them all.....what then?

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Make the first 4 here tell you no then move to the remainders

Chris Petersen 

James Franklin

Mike Gundy

Jimbo Fisher

PJ Fleck

Jeff Bromm

Craig Bohl

DJ Durkin

The first four might entertain an offer to get a better contract from their current employer.  Any of the four would be idiots if they came to Auburn.

Just now, AU64 said:

That should take a couple days to contact them all.....what then?

The first 5 are gonna tell you no.  After that its a crap shoot.  Auburn's history has sunk its chances of landing a top flight coach.  We are trapped in average hell.  

Just now, OnthePlains said:

The first 5 are gonna tell you no.  After that its a crap shoot.  Auburn's history has sunk its chances of landing a top flight coach.  We are trapped in average hell.  

The problem has nothing to do with Auburn.  Why leave a successful program with job security to walk into the pressure-cooker that is SEC football?

Just now, Strychnine said:

The problem has nothing to do with Auburn.  Why leave a successful program with job security to walk into the pressure-cooker that is SEC football?

There's a reason our last few coaching hires have been unproven Terry Bowden from Samford, average Ole Miss coach Tubs, ridiculously under qualified Iowa State coach Chizik and unproven at the highest level Arky State coach Gus.  NO PROVEN COACH WILL COME HERE BECAUSE OF THE POLITICS INVOLVED AND THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR HANDS IN EVERYTHING.  Its not just the SEC.  

As long as Sabear is across the state we will have problems attracting a top flight  proven head coach

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

There's a reason our last few coaching hires have been unproven Terry Bowden from Samford, average Ole Miss coach Tubs, ridiculously under qualified Iowa State coach Chizik and unproven at the highest level Arky State coach Gus.  NO PROVEN COACH WILL COME HERE BECAUSE OF THE POLITICS INVOLVED AND THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR HANDS IN EVERYTHING.  Its not just the SEC.  

Great point

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I'm afraid you are right....for 4 or 5  years  we've watched USCe, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, TAMU, Mississippi and Missouri try to find the coach who will restore their programs to some place they might have been in the past.   And look what they ended up with?   UGA might come out ok...but beyond that some pretty good schools and programs ended up hiring whoever would say "yes".

I'm not saying keep Gus...but just suggesting that the decision for his successor will likely be just about as deflating as the outcome of today's game.  I remember how I felt when I heard on the radio that we had hired Terry Bowden....my first thought was....OMG...we've given up the idea of having a serous program. I expect that again...:dunno:  sorry,  just can't help it and  history is on my side. 

Just now, AU64 said:

I'm afraid you are right....for 4 or 5  years  we've watched USCe, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, TAMU, Mississippi and Missouri try to find the coach who will restore their programs to some place they might have been in the past.   And look what they ended up with?   UGA might come out ok...but beyond that some pretty good schools and programs ended up hiring whoever would say "yes".

I'm not saying keep Gus...but just suggesting that the decision for his successor will likely be just about as deflating as the outcome of today's game.  I remember how I felt when I heard on the radio that we had hired Terry Bowden....my first thought was....OMG...we've given up the idea of having a serous program. I expect that again...:dunno:  sorry,  just can't help it and  history is on my side. 

Yeah I think if things go the way they look like they might Gus will be gone but I have no faith in the next hire either.  Unless AU gets lucky with some hot shot unproven guy like Dabo then it will be the same ol same ol.  I really don't expect it to change and with the state of the entire athletic dept right now I can't say I have ever been this down about Auburn athletics. 

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I think if things go the way they look like they might Gus will be gone but I have no faith in the next hire either.  Unless AU gets lucky with some hot shot unproven guy like Dabo then it will be the same ol same ol.  I really don't expect it to change and with the state of the entire athletic dept right now I can't say I have ever been this down about Auburn athletics. 

I was a student at AU when bama SHUT US OUT four years in a row....I can take anything....:)

Gimme Chris Klieman. 45-5 in his fourth year at North Dakota State. We can double his salary and stay under a mil...

Archived