next Head Coach

Eagle-1

Whomever started this topic probably called Gene Chizik a loser at the airport. Very classy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I did. Had a great time spending the day on campus and remembering good times and seeing the new changes. I enjoyed being at the game. Was a great experience and exactly what I needed since the main reason for being in Auburn was to say goodbye to a woman I dearly loved and will miss. Life is too short to let 2 point victories ruin your day. Or you can, your life, just don't expect me to play along.

I sincerely appreciate your words of wisdom and experience.  That is what makes Auburn people different.  I will add, most of us lament about how Auburn is playing vs. their potential and the abundant talent.  

if we weren't paying a coach (any coach) $5 mil/yr, I would not care as much.  Care?  Oh yes, but much less.

Thanks for sharing and I agree with your perspective.  War Eagle

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

I sincerely appreciate your words of wisdom and experience.  That is what makes Auburn people different.  I will add, most of us lament about how Auburn is playing vs. their potential and the abundant talent.  

if we weren't paying a coach (any coach) $5 mil/yr, I would not care as much.  Care?  Oh yes, but much less.

Thanks for sharing and I agree with your perspective.  War Eagle

I'd love for Auburn to be undefeated all the time and look like a machine. I just don't let the L's and other fans get to me and impact my day. In fairness to others its easier to do in Texas than Alabama or Georgia though. Though even in Alabama I found a way to have fun with them. Tell a Alabama fan you don't care about football and start asking about cricket, they will leave quickly.

I am with you on the coaching pay. I think pretty much all college coaches are overpaid, but that isn't going to change and probably continue to go up. College athletics is like an arms race in pay and facilities.

War Eagle

5 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I'd love for Auburn to be undefeated all the time and look like a machine. I just don't let the L's and other fans get to me and impact my day. In fairness to others its easier to do in Texas than Alabama or Georgia though. Though even in Alabama I found a way to have fun with them. Tell a Alabama fan you don't care about football and start asking about cricket, they will leave quickly.

I am with you on the coaching pay. I think pretty much all college coaches are overpaid, but that isn't going to change and probably continue to go up. College athletics is like an arms race in pay and facilities.

War Eagle

Nice comment....and funny thing is that people complaining about Gus's salary will likely see AU end up paying some new coach more still before he's ever won a game here.  That's the nature of college football.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/college-football-highest-paid-coaches-2017-10/#2-dabo-swinney-85-million-24

On 11/3/2017 at 11:13 AM, Harp_AU2013 said:

This is just stupid. All of these guys win. And Mullen does it with about half of Auburn’s resources.

All of these guys are scumbags.  I want a good man representing AU.  Would you really want Lane "Joey Freshwater" Kiffin roaming around Auburn?!?

5 hours ago, 1856 said:

All of these guys are scumbags.  I want a good man representing AU.  Would you really want Lane "Joey Freshwater" Kiffin roaming around Auburn?!?

I fail to see how Mullen and kiffin are alike. 

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I fail to see how Mullen and kiffin are alike. 

I said they're scumbags.  Look at how Kiffin acted while at uat.  And look at Mullen in 2010 when he was pissed that Cam was at AU.  No need to say more.  If you don't get it, you just don't get it.

On 11/5/2017 at 2:09 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

War Eagle

Have you come across any actual bama grads? They are like Bigfoot, I hear they exist but never come across any and I am in Houston so you'd think there would be at least one. Come across their fans but no alumni. LOL 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Have you come across any actual bama grads? They are like Bigfoot, I hear they exist but never come across any and I am in Houston so you'd think there would be at least one. Come across their fans but no alumni. LOL 

Yep I met one in the town where I live and I'm thinking they are more dangerous or objectionable in quantity.  

This guy never says anything about bama.....maybe because he is in such a minority and nobody cares anyway.

Nice thing about our community of mostly retired people is that we have grads from about any college you can name east of the Mississippi River but rarely more than a couple from any one school so there is a minimum of yacking.  My heart goes out to those living in Georgia and I pray for your deliverance this weekend because having to listen to dawgs and bammers must be beyond painful. 

6 hours ago, 1856 said:

I said they're scumbags.  Look at how Kiffin acted while at uat.  And look at Mullen in 2010 when he was pissed that Cam was at AU.  No need to say more.  If you don't get it, you just don't get it.

Let it go

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Lol. I have actually. Truthfully the ones I have met are usually more reserved and will separate themselves from the normal Alabama fan. Especially out of state.

7 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Amazing there's so few graduates of the school. By all accounts I've heard, the academic difficultly appears to cater to the IQ level of the fan base.

9 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol. I have actually. Truthfully the ones I have met are usually more reserved and will separate themselves from the normal Alabama fan. Especially out of state.

It's half and half with the ones I meet.  Some alumni are embarrassed by the fan base, but some act just like the sidewalkers.  I'd say the fan to alumni ratio for bammers is about 20:1.  I guess that's what you get when you win a lot, though.

So bumping this thread in case today doesn’t go our way: suppose Arkansas, us, Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M are all on the coaching market. Who does each get? Will update later.

Think TAMU will try to go after Kelly and Leach, but I think Morris is a very likely option.

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

The crow taste so goooood

l3vRfNKgv3LkGIoM0.gif

All of us gus naysayers eating our crow tonight!!!!! lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

l3vRfNKgv3LkGIoM0.gif

All of the gus naysayers eating our crow tonight!!!!! lol

Did you see him let Willis throw?! Okay, Gus. I see you

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did you see him let Willis throw?! Okay, Gus. I see you

THAT IS WHAT I AM FREAKING TALKING ABOUT DAG!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

What crow are we supposed to be eating? I mean us "naysayers " have been saying for the past 2-3 years that Gus could be successful with our talent if he'd just get out his own way. I'm happy to see it appears he's turning over a new leaf. WDE 

I heard some coach named Malzahn or something like that took down a number one team with balanced play calling. Might have to check him out ?

Archived