next Head Coach

Eagle-1

You guys remember the Bama nation sitting with paper bags on their head....with signs all around saying Saban come save us....well I thought as well as most of you....you idiots why would Saban leave the dolphins to come to crappy turd town...well you know the rest of the story

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, imaolgatiger said:

Jimmy held the gun and Tubs drove the car...I get it. When it first went down, I was completely on Tubs side. Since watching him in action after leaving Auburn, my opinion of him is no longer the same. I wish him well in retirement and don't want him back at Auburn.

Oh I agree. But all of that is at the foot of Jay Jacobs. He should have done a better job of hiring Bobby P. He didn't and after 2004 he was bent over by Jimmy. 

5 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

You guys remember the Bama nation sitting with paper bags on their head....with signs all around saying Saban come save us....well I thought as well as most of you....you idiots why would Saban leave the dolphins to come to crappy turd town...well you know the rest of the story

That situation and the scenario you are describing are entirely different, and you should know this. 

4 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

Wat? Bags on their head saying Saban come save us? That is absolute bull crap. Bull crap. Alabama hired Rich Rod to take over. Ole Rich Rod backed out at Jimmy Sexton called Mal and said Saban wanted the job. The deal was done. 

Fact. 

I would be happy if Tubs returned to be AD and Gary Patterson was hired to become HC and has total control of the football program.  None of this we gotta keep this guy BS.  Total control.  Give him 3 years.  I believe he could get results. Jay Jacobs got to go.

10 minutes ago, Cooper said:

I would be happy if Tubs returned to be AD and Gary Patterson was hired to become HC and has total control of the football program.  None of this we gotta keep this guy BS.  Total control.  Give him 3 years.  I believe he could get results. Jay Jacobs got to go.

Gary Patterson is on track to take TCU to the playoffs. But sure he's gonna leave that because he loves Auburn and a non-JJ led AD that much...

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Probably not, but I would try.

Did you know that he is President of Youngstown State University ?   Sure can't see him coming back into the lion's s den at this stage in his life.

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I'd like us to go after an FCS or Division 2 head coach who is a consistent winner. Coaching is coaching. Coaches like Chris Klieman at North Dakota State or Mike Huston at James Madison

North Dakota State is the bama of their level of football. We have no idea what kind of coach that dude is. They just have so much more talent than anyone else. That should point to he is a great recruiter but tough to say when you are at a big boy school with more cutthroat recruiters.

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Gary Patterson is on track to take TCU to the playoffs. But sure he's gonna leave that because he loves Auburn and a non-JJ led AD that much...

How much money do you think it would take to move him.  Chip Kelly is a pipe dream, nobody wants Petrino, Tressel is a name kicked around.  So tell me again how PJ Fleck or Chad Morris is going to compete with Saban Im waiting or some other FBS coach thats the next hero.  Right up till they get into the SEC west.  

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This isn't entirely true. AU could have offered the bank at Jimbo and got him. But Jimbo didn't want to get into the cluster that was the AU AD. He wanted too much money and control. 

This is not a shot at you BUT OH NO the horror of giving one of the few guys who can go head to head  with saban and win big time high profile recruiting battles full control.

For the short term Justin Fuente and Jeff Brohm with the personel at hand would have championship level offense for next season and the season after. Long term? I am SO gun shy on mid major coaches because of Gus. That makes me weary on brohm. 3 years at wku and only 1 year at purdue. Give me Fuente. Turned Memphis around when our own coach Larry Porter made them in to a absolute dumpster fire and now has Va Tech rolling. Won 10 games last year at VA Tech with Jerod Evans the JUCO QB Rhett and Gus SHOULD of went after and not JF3. This year they are 5-1 with their only loss being to clemson. Known QB developer and his passing concepts are beautiful to watch. Love his intermediate passing game.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Did you know that he is President of Youngstown State University ?   Sure can't see him coming back into the lion's s den at this stage in his life.

Yes, I did know that

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yes, I did know that

So you still think he's a viable candidate?  Out of coaching and recruiting for about 8 or 10 years now.

Just now, AU64 said:

So you still think he's a viable candidate?  Out of coaching and recruiting for about 8 or 10 years now.

If we have a good tattoo parlor in Auburn we will win big! 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Check some of our players.....we obviously have some talented artists in Lee County...

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the G-Willy I know. 

Your avatar change has you coming off a little bit stiff. :lol:

Just now, Cooper said:

How much money do you think it would take to move him.  Chip Kelly is a pipe dream, nobody wants Petrino, Tressel is a name kicked around.  So tell me again how PJ Fleck or Chad Morris is going to compete with Saban Im waiting.

Probably takes a lot more than we're will to offer in order to uproot Gary Patterson from the house that he build, and like I said will likely be in the playoffs. Big payday coming from that. That's a pretty cushy position.

PJ Fleck did well at W. Michigan but his Power 5 victories came off of teams struggling to find wins. And lost to a decent Wisconsin in the Cotton bowl.

Idk about Chad Morris. Seems like the only reason his name is out there is because he was a good coordinator and now has head coach experience... Where have I heard that one before?

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If he wants to get back into coaching, then yes. His show cause expired last year, he might miss it. Its just a phone call.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

This is the G-Willy I know. 

Your avatar change has you coming off a little bit stiff. :lol:

annoyed-you-with-my-friendship.gif

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Check some of our players.....we obviously have some talented artists in Lee County...

touche!!!! some of our guys look like JR Smith out there with the amount of ink they got on them! lol

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Probably takes a lot more than we're will to offer in order to uproot Gary Patterson from the house that he build, and like I said will likely be in the playoffs. Big payday coming from that. That's a pretty cushy position.

PJ Fleck did well at W. Michigan but his Power 5 victories came off of teams struggling to find wins. And lost to a decent Wisconsin in the Cotton bowl.

Idk about Chad Morris. Seems like the only reason his name is out there is because he was a good coordinator and now has head coach experience... Where have I heard that one before?

Is Gary Patterson the only coach TCU has had since Franchione? I know he was Frans DC just can't remember if they have had anyone since him. Pretty incredible to see those 2 guys career trajectory's now. Fran has not been relevant in major college football in over a decade! haha.

Archived