Most Deflating Loss in a Long Time

Gowebb11

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

sounds like a Butch Jones type deflection. Easy to say when you are a millionaire.

“Well, it’s our first SEC loss. We still control our own destiny…We don’t get caught up in who’s beaten them…We’re frustrated, but it’s not the end of the world.

This dude. He's probably getting pretty close to losing this team. KJ made some interesting comment. Kid played his heart out and our coaches just screwed away his great effort.

19 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Guess it's not according to Gus: 

Gus Malzahn said after the loss to LSU, in which Auburn blew a 20-0 lead, that "it's not the end of the world."

4:45 PM - 14 Oct 2017

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/919348388155465728

SMDH. 

Such a waste of talent. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

That what Gus said in presser "we control our own destiny" ?????

yep..stupid and a sign we are not in good shape.

Its like can we still be friends

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

“Well, it’s our first SEC loss. We still control our own destiny…We don’t get caught up in who’s beaten them…We’re frustrated, but it’s not the end of the world.

This dude. He's probably getting pretty close to losing this team. KJ made some interesting comment. Kid played his heart out and our coaches just screwed away his great effort.

IF he loses this team, it will turn into a dumpster fire instead of the typical Gus mediocre season. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I think we still have a shot at the Champions of Life title...

47 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

We control our own destiny? You mean the destiny in which we choke or get manhandled against all teams with equal or better talent?

We have one conference loss, chit tiger. Win out, and we would go to the seccg. 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

SMDH. 

Such a waste of talent. 

a real coach would be chewing everyone' s ass

instead Gus is feeling bad for winning

he put a stop to that

When I heard he told Allie that, I knew we were in trouble.....the only 1st down we got in the 2nd half was from a penalty roughing the QB, if we didn't have that we would've never had one...

I think I would've gone for it at mid-field on 4-1, instead of 4-10 with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

yeah but Auburn is always reacting instead of leading.

If we control our own destiny we would have won tonight, not a good indicator of the future

Hey Gus what are you waiting for to control our destiny?

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:
Heath Evans‏Verified account @HeathEvans44  1h1 hour ago
#WAREAGLE

DMIpz5gVAAAbwmo.jpg:large

I saw that. He doesn't have any coaching experience but I will take a man that plays to win and is passionate like that any day of the week, especially on Saturdays 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

@bmarcello: "They don’t pay me enough to talk about play calling." — Kerryon Johnson

So, how much do we pay him exactly?! ?

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I saw that. He doesn't have any coaching experience but I will take a man that plays to win and is passionate like that any day of the week, especially on Saturdays 

yeah. I appreciate his love for Auburn. Just goes to show just how dejected that loss is. When former players start being very vocal about their displeasure then it's getting pretty back. Maurice Swain was pretty vocal about Gus for the Clemson loss.

Just now, wareagleguy said:

So, how much do we pay him exactly?! ?

Certainly a bad choice of words considering the NCAA are basically living in Auburn at the moment.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Everything aligned. Talent laden roster, accurate and strong armed QB, a stellar and deep defense, and UGA and Bama at home. Gus just took all of that and flushed it down the toilet. He lost a crucial game and a 20-0 lead to Ed Orgeron. We ran the ball on 17 consecutive first downs. How is that even possible to do?  Welcome back to the good ole 7-8 win club, waiting to see if we end up in Nashville or Birmingham. 

There are only 2 choices. Keep living where we are. Or fire Gus and start over. That's a very clear choice for me, but then I'm not the one making the decision. We have an equally incompetent AD doing that for us. 

It actually wasn't this lose that melted the season away, it was the way we lost that reminded us that there IS no hope going forward. We saw it last year and then had the 6-0 win streak only to be embarrassed in the UGA game. The Bama bludgeoning after that.  Again we thought we were making progress and then another in several embarrassing loses this year. (Its the way we lose) and the reality that we are not and will not be competitive with the 4 or 5 top and middle tier SEC teams.

17 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

When I heard he told Allie that, I knew we were in trouble.....the only 1st down we got in the 2nd half was from a penalty roughing the QB, if we didn't have that we would've never had one...

I think I would've gone for it at mid-field on 4-1, instead of 4-10 with less than 2 minutes left in the game.

Danielson mentioned that after the game.

1 hour ago, AUDynasty said:

When's the last time you felt this deflated? Against Clemson this season? Or Georgia last season? Alabama last season? 

The point is that with Gus at helm, we are liable to feel THIS DEFLATED at ANY game. 

There should not be any sudden deflation at all whatsoever. Seems we receive these games WAY TOO OFTEN.

Whats bad is I was not deflated.  I actually expected it.(did not want it)  When it happened I wanted to be mad but I was just kind of laughing well not the good laugh but the disgusted one.  I told several folks we would never pull it off that we probably only had two more wins this year and one of those is a toss up.    Its sad but funny at the same time.  Well not really, but I can't believe how many folks thought Gus had evolved into a coach by beating 3 very weak SEC teams.  I kept saying im not buying in until after the LSU game and then maybe we will see what we have.  I've been saying best outcome was we lose to UGA and Bama.  Well as I thought we still have Gus who has done nothing.  I mean his only claims to fame anyone of us could have rode the coat tails of two elite QBS to the same thing he did.  I know we are all upset with this still fresh  but its just really sad this is what we are stuck with.  You would think since most coaches have a cocky side someone would want to step in and prove they can beat Saban but I guess as long as we have the puppet master pulling the strings no proven coach will ever come.

Archived