Officiating In the SEC

Johndunc

6 minutes ago, Johndunc said:

Watching games today, does anyone but me think the SEC Officials are calling games in such a way to effect the outcome?

Yes, officiating in the SEC is suspect, but Gus owned the loss tonight.  The head of SEC officiating is an Alabama grad, now you understand why they officiate the way they do.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Donn't start blaming the refs for this loss. It's all on Malzahn. Just like the Clemson game/loss.

I thought crappy OL play and Stidham's rust cost us that game.

16 minutes ago, Johndunc said:

Watching games today, does anyone but me think the SEC Officials are calling games in such a way to effect the outcome?

HMMMM...they wouldn't do well under close inspection...but this is on GUS

15 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Yes, officiating in the SEC is suspect, but Gus owned the loss tonight.  The head of SEC officiating is an Alabama grad, now you understand why they officiate the way they do.

Those black helicopters should have landed by now... good grief.

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Those black helicopters should have landed by now... good grief.

They might as well have black helicopters, as obvious as it is

We simply made coach O a hero today. The officials did not impact this game. In a close game they could have made a difference.

Not that it mattered today, but officiating throughout the college game is pretty much terrible. I don't know if they are actually exclusive professionals these days or not. I guess what I'm saying is that with the amount of money generated by this sport, there is no excuse for the current state of officiating in college football. Case in point is the amount of holding by the offensive lines that is not called. Also, defensive backs basically have very little chance in today's game WR are allowed to push off ad nauseum, but if a DB breathes on a receiver it is PI. It is to the point of being ridiculous. 

42 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

The head of SEC officiating is an Alabama grad,

steve shaw is the best, most unbiased official to ever officiate in the SEC.   anything said to the contrary is just ignorance

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

steve shaw is the best, most unbiased official to ever officiate in the SEC.   anything said to the contrary is just ignorance

You have your opinion, I have mine.  But just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn’t make them ignorant. If you don’t like my opinion fine, but Steve Shaw has not done very good job in the SEC IMO and I’m not the only one that feels that way

All you have to do is watch one bama game and you'll know the gig. 

Bama can literally have their oline tackle someone from behind right in front of the ball carrier with two or three refs looking right at that area of the field and it not be called....then their opponent can get called for holding they is extremely questionable and on the opposite side of the field from the play. They don't even try to hide it anymore. Their bias is undeniable.  I watched my first bama game since the iron bowl last weekend and the bias in the way that game was called was downright disturbing.   No possible way there wasn't some intentional bias going on with the way that game was called.  If you pay attention, it's usually more prominent in the first half or on plays that have no meaning  i.e... bama will get called for holding on 3rd and 15 when they gain 5 yards and were punting anyways and it will be a questionable call, but they will get away with multiple blatant ones when they have a 40 yard TD.  Also most of the phantom penalties come on the other team in the first half or on crucial plays.  I suspect the first half is where they are instructed to make the game one sided giving the advantage to one team and then call a more fair game in the second half so people forget about the bad calls in the first and only make bad calls in the second half on less obvious downs (like making it first and 20 which gives the preferred teams huge advantage) (pure speculation but not much else makes sense if you watch how they call it because I've witnessed this exact goings on in atleast 50 games since Shaw has been the head of officials....this is not a conpiracy theory and I don't know why they call games this way but it is nowhere near an isolated incident and if it's not intentional than it's the biggest coincidence that has ever existed)

Of course that is not why we lost to coach yaw yaw, but it certainly didn't hurt. Take back the punt return where there were obvious blocks in the back and we won the game...however Gus would have found another way to lose. 

I've watched that punt return 10 times on my computer and I still don't see a block in the back anywhere on the field, much less 4 of them that was originally stated.  A block in the side, is not a block in the back.  A block when the defender turns at the last minute is not a block in the back.  There wasn't anything in that play at all that was close to a block in the back.  We screwed that up with poor coverage.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

36 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I've watched that punt return 10 times on my computer and I still don't see a block in the back anywhere on the field, much less 4 of them that was originally stated.  A block in the side, is not a block in the back.  A block when the defender turns at the last minute is not a block in the back.  There wasn't anything in that play at all that was close to a block in the back.  We screwed that up with poor coverage.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

You should watch #12 Stove and #32 Miller then.  If you dont see a block in the back then you could possibly be the worst official on the planet.  Explain to me how those aren’t blocks in the back

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You should watch #12 Stove and #32 Miller then.  If you dont see a block in the back then you could possibly be the worst official on the planet.  Explain to me how those aren’t blocks in the back

But might be qualified to ref in the SEC

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

first of all, #12 is Jamel Dean, not stove.  Now that we cleared that up.  That is not a block in the back in the least.  In fact the lsu player actually ends up behind him because DEAN was moving.  He was likely going to block him but he missed.   #32 wasn't blocked in the back either.  He may have been slowed down a bit, but again the lsu player didn't actually hit him.  In fact he did everything he could to avoid it.  I'll give you the fact that it looked bad but by definition those are NOT blocks in the back.     I don't look at games through orange and blue glasses.   I'm objective enough to separate the fandom from the rules.  Those are not blocks in the back.  As a fan I would have loved it if they had called one of them anyway, but they were right in passing on them both.   It's ok that you don't agree.  Believe me there are lots of officials out there (during games) that don't agree.   My experience as an official tells me those were clean blocks.

2 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

All you have to do is watch one bama game and you'll know the gig. 

Bama can literally have their oline tackle someone from behind right in front of the ball carrier with two or three refs looking right at that area of the field and it not be called....then their opponent can get called for holding they is extremely questionable and on the opposite side of the field from the play. They don't even try to hide it anymore. Their bias is undeniable.  I watched my first bama game since the iron bowl last weekend and the bias in the way that game was called was downright disturbing.   No possible way there wasn't some intentional bias going on with the way that game was called.  If you pay attention, it's usually more prominent in the first half or on plays that have no meaning  i.e... bama will get called for holding on 3rd and 15 when they gain 5 yards and were punting anyways and it will be a questionable call, but they will get away with multiple blatant ones when they have a 40 yard TD.  Also most of the phantom penalties come on the other team in the first half or on crucial plays.  I suspect the first half is where they are instructed to make the game one sided giving the advantage to one team and then call a more fair game in the second half so people forget about the bad calls in the first and only make bad calls in the second half on less obvious downs (like making it first and 20 which gives the preferred teams huge advantage) (pure speculation but not much else makes sense if you watch how they call it because I've witnessed this exact goings on in atleast 50 games since Shaw has been the head of officials....this is not a conpiracy theory and I don't know why they call games this way but it is nowhere near an isolated incident and if it's not intentional than it's the biggest coincidence that has ever existed)

Of course that is not why we lost to coach yaw yaw, but it certainly didn't hurt. Take back the punt return where there were obvious blocks in the back and we won the game...however Gus would have found another way to lose. 

Is this the Phantom from Montgomery radio?

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

There is no better way to show a perfect block in the back.  

yes there is. It's called the entire video.  One still shot means absolutely NOTHING.  Both players are moving is completely different directions.  It's completely ridiculous to use one still shot as a selling point.  It just doesn't hold up.   You are using ONE frame to form an opinion when you can't even remotely tell if there is even any contact in the frame based on the angle of the shot.    Try again.

6 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

first of all, #12 is Jamel Dean, not stove.  Now that we cleared that up.  That is not a block in the back in the least.  In fact the lsu player actually ends up behind him because DEAN was moving.  He was likely going to block him but he missed.   #32 wasn't blocked in the back either.  He may have been slowed down a bit, but again the lsu player didn't actually hit him.  In fact he did everything he could to avoid it.  I'll give you the fact that it looked bad but by definition those are NOT blocks in the back.     I don't look at games through orange and blue glasses.   I'm objective enough to separate the fandom from the rules.  Those are not blocks in the back.  As a fan I would have loved it if they had called one of them anyway, but they were right in passing on them both.   It's ok that you don't agree.  Believe me there are lots of officials out there (during games) that don't agree.   My experience as an official tells me those were clean blocks.

You’re wrong.  Don’t want to be rude but you’re very wrong on this.  Was this game lost because of officials?  No.  But that was a horrible no call that led directly to a TD.  

Archived