Heath Evans for HC

tigerman1186

LSU hired that Muppet Orgeron and look what he just pulled off.  Let's do it.  If he lasts 3 seasons we at least play catch up on GM's buy out on his contract.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm working for a HC right now that is just not a good coach. He has many deficiencies, but the worst part is that he doesn't inspire the kids to be great. Passion is infectious. Passion leads to kids "running through walls" for you. Passion leads to greatness.  We don't have that at AU. Period.

This was my complaint after last week. If you don’t expect and demand excellence you won’t get it. That is what I love about Saban, even though I hate that bastard

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

This was my complaint after last week. If you don’t expect and demand excellence you won’t get it. That is what I love about Saban, even though I hate that bastard

Its funny, because my guys(safeties and corners) know what I expect every day, every hour, and fromevery response. They will bend over backwards to please me because they know I will bend over backwards to help them. They, without question, know when I tell them something, it is said with their success in mind. They run through walls everyday for me.  Each day is a struggle for them though. Most of the other coaches don't demand the same from their positions and that leads them resenting the other player that don't "want" it as badly.  If excellence isn't demanded or exuded by the top than it won't be reciprocated by those underneath.

Just now, bigbird said:

Its funny, because my guys(safeties and corners) know what I expect every day, every hour, and fromevery response. They will bend over backwards to please me because they know I will bend over backwards to help them. They, without question, know when I tell them something, it is said with their success in mind. They run through walls everyday for me.  Each day is a struggle for them though. Most of the other coaches don't demand the same from their positions and that leads them resenting the other player that don't "want" it as badly.  If excellence isn't demanded or exuded by the top than it won't be reciprocated by those underneath.

Preach...

Well, after I viewed the other thread Auburn's Next Coach I saw nothing of the listed canidates that was much more realistic. Heath would be an excellent CEO type coach, and also a good recruiter and motivator. I think if this site were to actively promote the idea and use all the connections of the individual members; the fire might be lit and the campaign started. I'm all for it....WDE

FB_IMG_1493084077552.jpg

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

I agree 110%. Just analyze what Gus said at the half compared to what Saban would have said. Gus doesn't have the winner mindset & it shows with our performance. 

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I agree 110%. Just analyze what Gus said at the half compared to what Saban would have said. Gus doesn't have the winner mindset & it shows with our performance. 

Yep. This 1000% 

16 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I shouldn't do this, but it is "hire", not "higher". LOL

Could be blamed on auto-correct. :dunno: I know my smart phone doesn't make me look smart sometimes. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Could be blamed on auto-correct. :dunno: I know my smart phone doesn't make me look smart sometimes. 

I am sure that Heath is a better speller than that. I taught English for many years. I got tired of teaching because it was so easy. I got a job as a roofer. LOL

5 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I've never seen Gus get in anyone face..

His facial expressions walking the sidelines talking to his self is like Mr coach Kline on waterboy. He doesn't possess the "in your face cut throats attitude" he's more the "hand ringing nervous style" 

im waiting for Krystal's to put their next sign up, AU just hire anyone

Maybe he could be our Dabo. Be a motivational CEO guy. Hire top assistants and get out of the way. I know it's an emotional idea and he has no experience so it would be like hiring right Lashlee x50 but I am so over Gus at this point

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Passion is infectious. Passion leads to kids "running through walls" for you. Passion leads to greatness.  We don't have that at AU. Period.

Yep. Ole gum-chewing,  "FG Gus" /"Milquetoast Malzahn" inspires no one, and due to his stubbornness, gives terribly few an opportunity to get off the sidelines. 

Yeah, but is Heath an offensive guru? . Just kidding, I like what he says. I know I was thinking I didn't want another head coach in training but Gus has been on the job 4+ years now and is still running in quicksand. My one hesitation about hiring him would be recruiting. He's never had to do it but other than that I would love to see Auburn hire Heath, who has a burning passion for Auburn for more than a big paycheck.

9 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I wish it would at least be considered. I mean, he’s not coaching but he is in football. 

Hey, from what I can see Gus isn't coaching either. :angry:

After this abomination how does Gus keep this team from turning on him.

Let's face the cold, hard facts, we're not going to compete with bama on a consistent basis with Gus Coachspeak on our side. Give him and JJ their walking, no, running papers and seriously talk with Heath.

One thing that caught my eye was Heath saying get out of my way and let me recruit the way he wants to. One thing Heath needs to understand is the only coach who can recruit the way he wants to is >:D

32 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

After this abomination how does Gus keep this team from turning on him.

Let's face the cold, hard facts, we're not going to compete with bama on a consistent basis with Gus Coachspeak on our side. Give him and JJ their walking, no, running papers and seriously talk with Heath.

I don't think he can. I think the team is on it's way to turning already. These kids aren't stupid, they know play calling and game management like that won't get them anywhere.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm working for a HC right now that is just not a good coach. He has many deficiencies, but the worst part is that he doesn't inspire the kids to be great. Passion is infectious. Passion leads to kids "running through walls" for you. Passion leads to greatness.  We don't have that at AU. Period.

THATS A MOUTHFUL...

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Alright...Bigbird's name has officially been tossed into the mix!!  You can do it Bird!!

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Spoken like a true coach...'perfection is the standard' is my mantra to my kids ... they ask to redo drills when they know they can do better...that's when you know you 'have em'...

9 hours ago, tigereye78 said:

Well, after I viewed the other thread Auburn's Next Coach I saw nothing of the listed canidates that was much more realistic. Heath would be an excellent CEO type coach, and also a good recruiter and motivator. I think if this site were to actively promote the idea and use all the connections of the individual members; the fire might be lit and the campaign started. I'm all for it....WDE

FB_IMG_1493084077552.jpg

This photo brings back old memories. In the left hand corner, the coach jumping in the air is Paul White, my brother-in-law. He was the S/C coach. I did my grad-internship under him. We had a dozen kids that could bench 500+... now ... 1... times change...

I try to come to terms to needing Gus fired and y’all throw up the name Heath Evans as the replacement. We might as well keep Gus if we are going to do that. 

At least Gus just picked up a 4* DT yesterday. He also has Joey Gatewood in stow. If we lose JG because we decided to hire an Auburn man with no credible experience, I will be very butthurt. Losing JG will make me butthurt either way but damn, at least find a decent replacement for Gus.

Archived