I Love Auburn

jared52

One man, one game, one season or twenty will not change that I love Auburn. I know you do too. I don’t loved it for its sports teams or its nice buildings. I don’t love it for its academic rankings or its famous alumni.  Don’t love it for its traditions or its creed. I love it becuse it’s Auburn. I love its people, its community, and the feeling I get when I see the welcome to Auburn sign, whether on game day or just passing through. It was for 4 short years, my home. I love it. And you do too. 

We are hurt, disappointed, and frustrated, and rightly so. But this isn’t what makes Auburn great. It’s just a small part of what makes Auburn, Auburn. Let’s not forget.

I love Auburn always will.  I had family attending before it was even called Auburn.  I have had family on the coaching staff.  Been apart of the school for many years.  However that does not make me blind to the fact we have issues.  The string pullers at the top need to go for the better of the school.  I would not mind seeing what Gus could do without a finger on him.  My guess would be he would still stink it up but I would be willing to give him that shot.  I will pull for them again next game next year and from now on.  I will complain again when we drop more games we should not lose but at the end of the day I love Auburn as much as anyone.

2 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

The string pullers at the top need to go for the better of the school. 

I’ve always felt the same way about this.  The decisions they make for the program leaves me scratching my head many times.

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

One man, one game, one season or twenty will not change that I love Auburn. I know you do too. I don’t loved it for its sports teams or its nice buildings. I don’t love it for its academic rankings or its famous alumni.  Don’t love it for its traditions or its creed. I love it becuse it’s Auburn. I love its people, its community, and the feeling I get when I see the welcome to Auburn sign, whether on game day or just passing through. It was for 4 short years, my home. I love it. And you do too. 

We are hurt, disappointed, and frustrated, and rightly so. But this isn’t what makes Auburn great. It’s just a small part of what makes Auburn, Auburn. Let’s not forget.

Well stated.  Football will never diminish our love for Auburn.  But our love for Auburn also gives us the right to be disappointed, upset, and to voice our opinions.  Being a long, long time Auburn football fan, a past student, a father of a past student, I expect better of our program.  I will always love everything Auburn through it all.   War Eagle!

1 minute ago, Devilhorse said:

I love Auburn always will.  I had family attending before it was even called Auburn.  I have had family on the coaching staff.  Been apart of the school for many years.  However that does not make me blind to the fact we have issues.  The string pullers at the top need to go for the better of the school.  I would not mind seeing what Gus could do without a finger o My guess would be he would still stink it up but I would be willing to give him that shot.   I will pull for them again next game next year and from now on.  I will complain again when we drop more games we should not lose but at the end of the day I love Auburn as much as anyone.

Not me I am fed up with the Ron Zook- type incompetence.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Not me I am fed up with the Ron Zook- type incompetence.

Well don't get me wrong im not happy with all the stuff going on.  I have no idea why JJ is still even there.  If he wasnt poor enough at his job he has all kinds of legal issues he is bringing to the school.  I would not even sell Pat Dye a ticket to a game.  I would have never hired Gus to begin with.  I still love Auburn though.  

14 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

I love Auburn always will.  I had family attending before it was even called Auburn.  I have had family on the coaching staff.  Been apart of the school for many years.  However that does not make me blind to the fact we have issues.  The string pullers at the top need to go for the better of the school.  I would not mind seeing what Gus could do without a finger on him.  My guess would be he would still stink it up but I would be willing to give him that shot.  I will pull for them again next game next year and from now on.  I will complain again when we drop more games we should not lose but at the end of the day I love Auburn as much as anyone.

I always hear about meddling in the football program, but what are they doing?  For example, did meddling from outside the coaching staff lead to the 3 QB hydra that was debuted against Clemson last year?  I hate to say it, and I wish meddling could be blamed, but I think we have already seen Gus without a finger on him.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

I always hear about meddling in the football program, but what are they doing?  For example, did meddling from outside the coaching staff lead to the 3 QB hydra that was debuted against Clemson last year?  I hate to say it, and I wish meddling could be blamed, but I think we have already seen Gus without a finger on him.

I dont think he would be any good either as already stated but if it meant getting the others to move along and let the football coach actually run the program it would be worth a look.  I mean I never wanted him to begin with.  My exact comment was all the money Auburn has and this is what they come back with.  However until its proven a coach is going to have the say about the team a good seasoned proven coach is not going to come here.  There is an image issue thats going to rule out a lot of good coaches.  So that doesnt leave a lot of choices right now.  Plus we got to pay him for 2 more years might as well use him.

3 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

I dont think he would be any good either as already stated but if it meant getting the others to move along and let the football coach actually run the program it would be worth a look.  I mean I never wanted him to begin with.  My exact comment was all the money Auburn has and this is what they come back with.  However until its proven a coach is going to have the say about the team a good seasoned proven coach is not going to come here.  There is an image issue thats going to rule out a lot of good coaches.  So that doesnt leave a lot of choices right now.  Plus we got to pay him for 2 more years might as well use him.

Can't just throw our hands up and "Woe is me" put up with this garbage. Its time for a change!!!

I LOVE Auburn. I am an Auburn graduate, my children are Auburn graduates, my wife is an Auburn graduate. No one.. can ever make me not LOVE Auburn. I always want what is best for my school. I am disappointed in Gus as a head coach. He has given us  good times but too many bad times. With the talent he has on that football team.. it is inexcusable.. I feel sorry for the guys. 

I also don't want to keep people from venting. We are all terribly confused and disappointed.

however, there was a terrible tragedy in Auburn tonight, as a precious 3 year-old girl drowned in a pit at an ice cream shop. An ice cream shop. 

My point is this: be upset. Use sports as the outlet it is meant to be. Then hug your family and tell them that they are more important than football will ever be.

go to church in the morning and praise God with the zeal that you shake your fists at the tv when auburn runs it up the middle on first down.

and for goodness sake, never forget that this university that you love so much and the game that you wake up for on Saturday mornings will still be here. 

Auburn forever!

I still remember the first time I set foot on campus.  It felt like I had lived there all my life.  Truly a special feeling and a special place.  My love for Auburn is not defined by what the football team does.  One single win or loss will never take that feeling away. 

1 minute ago, Devilhorse said:

My question was genuine, what are they doing?  I have not seen anything that indicates Gus has not been running the program as he sees fit.  What problem with meddling do we have, and to what extent?

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

I also don't want to keep people from venting. We are all terribly confused and disappointed.

however, there was a terrible tragedy in Auburn tonight, as a precious 3 year-old girl drowned in a pit at an ice cream shop. An ice cream shop. 

My point is this: be upset. Use sports as the outlet it is meant to be. Then hug your family and tell them that they are more important than football will ever be.

go to church in the morning and praise God with the zeal that you shake your fists at the tv when auburn runs it up the middle on first down.

and for goodness sake, never forget that this university that you love so much and the game that you wake up for on Saturday mornings will still be here. 

Auburn forever!

So many more important things than losing to LSU - although, I’m still very salty from the game. 

As a mother of a three year old, I cannot even imagine. How devastating. 

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

My question was genuine, what are they doing?  I have not seen anything that indicates Gus has not been running the program as he sees fit.  What problem with meddling do we have, and to what extent?

They are trying to help him but he won't see it. 

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Auburn forever!

That is horrible.  God be with that family. 

3 hours ago, AidiAU said:

So many more important things than losing to LSU - although, I’m still very salty from the game. 

As a mother of a three year old, I cannot even imagine. How devastating. 

It happened right down the road from the house and I drove by there just after it happened. A horrible day in town for sure.

18 hours ago, Strychnine said:

To my understanding they are involved in picking recruits, telling the style of games to be played and controlling what assistant coaches are hired.  Now I know that happens to a certain degree at any school but they are determined to bring in people with ties to the programs past in a lot of cases.  No they are not standing there calling the plays on the sidelines but they have a lot of influence with whats happening on the field.  There is an ex coach that is still calling most of the shots to do with football program from what I am hearing.  Do I know it to be 100 percent correct no I don't im not there day in and day out.  But i've heard it from more than one creditable source.  Its obvious something is going on.   Its the same ol song and dance.  The battle cry has become wait until next year.  Until some of these people are gone its not going to get any better.  Jay Jacobs  needs to be the first gone.  I sat give the spot to Tommy Tuberville and let him clean house.

Archived