LSU Game Report Card

StatTiger

3 hours ago, StatTiger said:

Since 1981, Auburn is now 94-3 in games the Tigers scored at least 23 points by halftime. Two of the losses have come under Gus Malzahn. During the same period (1981-2017), Auburn is now 90-7 in games Auburn scores at least 14 points during the first period. Six of the seven losses have come under Gus Malzahn's offense.

That... is very telling.

Gonna be quoting you to friends and family this week Stat.

Just now, auburnphan said:

I was told Gus could not afford to lose a winnable game, but they were hazy on if he would be out immediately, said it depended on the game lost.   There is a bit more but that will play itself out.

I just can't believe we are here again.  Why oh why can't we find a competent coach?  Damned if I don't miss Tubs.  At least he would win some he wasn't supposed to.  Sure he would lose some he wasn't supposed to as well but dang this is frustrating. 

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You hate to want a team to lose, but a loss to Arkansas would be the nail in the coffin 

Don't need Stat to tell you that in the past 70 years... maybe longer. Auburn has never fired a coach with a winning record. So it's gonna take more than than arky.

I was literally was sick to my stomach and felt like throwing up at the end of this game.  The utter futility of the offense in the second half was mindblowing.  And it didn't have to be that way.  Gus is a stubborn SOB who refuses to scout himself or the team and Jay Jacobs is the worst AD in the SEC.  That old saying "insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting different results" comes to mind.  We keep falling back into the same old bad habits and play calls.  Gus is so bad the Bible has a verse about him. 

Proverbs 26:11 "Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly."

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Don't need Stat to tell you that in the past 70 years... maybe longer. Auburn has never fired a coach with a winning record. So it's gonna take more than than arky.

so that means that we are due

Remember after last year when Gus fired Rhett and hired Chip everyone was “ let’s give Chip a chance, what can it hurt” This is what happens, another embarrassing moment for Auburn. As long as this dip- shat remains here we will continue to have these embarrassing moments. I think it was Einstein that said “ the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and looking for a different result”. I think we have reached that point at AU

Even after the epic collapse in the second half we were on our own 25 with 2:30 on the clock, three time outs, trailing 24 - 23, with the best kicker in America waiting on a chance.  3 first downs, kill the clock and Legatron wins the game.  But here comes the awful play-calling.  Run it on first down ( same thing we had done over and over after the first couple of drives).  Chunk it up long into double coverage and pray (same thing we had done the whole second half).  A couple of bad throws toward the sideline  (duh).   Ball game.  This situation should have been tailor made for our new offense but they looked like they were out there going through the motions.  No confidence whatsoever.  You could just see it coming.  What an awful, awful, awful coaching job to give that game away.  

12 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Even after the epic collapse in the second half we were on our own 25 with 2:30 on the clock, three time outs, trailing 24 - 23, with the best kicker in America waiting on a chance.  3 first downs, kill the clock and Legatron wins the game.  But here comes the awful play-calling.  Run it on first down ( same thing we had done over and over after the first couple of drives).  Chunk it up long into double coverage and pray (same thing we had done the whole second half).  A couple of bad throws toward the sideline  (duh).   Ball game.  This situation should have been tailor made for our new offense but they looked like they were out there going through the motions.  No confidence whatsoever.  You could just see it coming.  What an awful, awful, awful coaching job to give that game away.  

After a night to think about it, this game was a repeat of last year’s UGA game, with regard to Gus’ philosophy.  The plays were a little different, but the lack of confidence the players showed were the same, as an example, there were several passes the receivers dropped that were catchable balls.  Nothing was working, yet we kept doing the same thing.

Gus doesn’t adjust to any situation because if we could just execute, the plays would work.  He has no concept his plan won’t work and he won’t let anybody tell him otherwise.  His game day decisions are non existent, that’s why the “scripted” plays work so well and the rest of the game is sh*t.

Next coach, please.

To think that at one point we could have hired Jimbo, Kirby, or even Mark Richt as Head Coach.

Who do we get... Chiz and Gus.

18 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I was told Gus could not afford to lose a winnable game, but they were hazy on if he would be out immediately, said it depended on the game lost.   There is a bit more but that will play itself out.

This game was surely winnable with some adaptation to stay ahead of the Defense. Again the epitome  of insanity, especially after the 20 to 7 lead."We are in good shape here" ha ha any one with the IQ of a mature kumquat could see big Mo had gone to the other side, something had to be done to bring it back. Onside kick to start the second half would have been a good start.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:06 AM, I_M4_AU said:

After a night to think about it, this game was a repeat of last year’s UGA game, with regard to Gus’ philosophy.  The plays were a little different, but the lack of confidence the players showed were the same, as an example, there were several passes the receivers dropped that were catchable balls.  Nothing was working, yet we kept doing the same thing.

Gus doesn’t adjust to any situation because if we could just execute, the plays would work.  He has no concept his plan won’t work and he won’t let anybody tell him otherwise.  His game day decisions are non existent, that’s why the “scripted” plays work so well and the rest of the game is sh*t.

Next coach, please.

As I recall, we didn't make a first down in the second half last year against UGA and I think we made only one first down in the 2nd half of the LSU game (thanks to a penality).

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

As I recall, we didn't make a first down in the second half last year against UGA and I think we made only one first down in the 2nd half of the LSU game (thanks to a penality).

I counted 3 (at least)watching it. Only one third down conversion. 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, Big Dog said:

I was literally was sick to my stomach and felt like throwing up at the end of this game.  The utter futility of the offense in the second half was mindblowing.  And it didn't have to be that way.  Gus is a stubborn SOB who refuses to scout himself or the team and Jay Jacobs is the worst AD in the SEC.  That old saying "insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting different results" comes to mind.  We keep falling back into the same old bad habits and play calls.  Gus is so bad the Bible has a verse about him. 

Proverbs 26:11 "Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly."

my dog did this about an hour ago when he was out for his walk. I had to drag him away growling to make him stop!  He would have bitten me if my hand was close enough!  I do think Gus would be even harder to yank away from his barf he left all over the Lsu field the 2nd half.

Archived