Coach O says after game he out-schemed Gus

ChaddScott

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ChaddScott said:

When the dopiest coach in the SEC out-schemes Gus and is brazen enough to tell the media about it after the game, you've got a problem. We have a problem.

Read this: http://gridironnow.com/did-certain-formation-doom-gus-malzahn-auburn-loss/

yep

It’s called run blitz the A gap.  We have no answer for it in the run game and if you have the guts to do it all game and are ok with possibly giving up a couple big pass plays if we pick up the blitz clean you can probably hold us to around 20 points.  

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It’s called run blitz the A gap.  We have no answer for it in the run game and if you have the guts to do it all game and are ok with possibly giving up a couple big pass plays if we pick up the blitz clean you can probably hold us to around 20 points.  

While we have some implementations of Chips offense, Gus has kept the core of the scheme and that includes the blocking schemes from my perspective, but I do not have your experience.

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

They don't need to worry about it because we don't have any routes that exploit the vacated MOF.

Oh look, they're constantly blitzing both ILB. What should we do? Slip a TE in behind them? Run a slant behind them? Nah...lets keep running right into the blitz! Yeah, that's it!

Slant to the slot.

Heck I saw NCM lines up in the slot about 4-5 times and the safety was 12 yards off.  Just frickin snap the ball throw it to him.

Guess they knew we never throw to him.  

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hell, fake the run and quick hit the TE down the seam for 20 easily

Pfft, we don't have any TE's on the team.  Gus vacated that position long time ago.

Just now, corchjay said:

Slant to the slot.

Heck I saw NCM lines up in the slot about 4-5 times and the safety was 12 yards off.  Just frickin snap the ball throw it to him.

Guess they knew we never throw to him.  

That's too simple. They'd see it coming...

This loss pisses me off so badly. Pure filth from Gus. Ineptitude personified.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's too simple. They'd see it coming...

This loss pisses me off so badly. Pure filth from Gus. Ineptitude personified.

Tell us what you really think, Bird. LOL. Are you a coach, seriously? Not a jab.

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Don't stop now!

Line up in trips

#1 post corner

#2 10-12 yard curl

#3 7 yard out

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Tell us what you really think, Bird. LOL. Are you a coach, seriously? Not a jab.

Yes

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Line .

Yes

You mind saying where? I don't want to get too personal. I knew that you knew the x's and o's. I do somewhat, but only from watching for 50 years.

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They don't need to worry about it because we don't have any routes that exploit the vacated MOF.

Oh look, they're constantly blitzing both ILB. What should we do? Slip a TE in behind them? Run a slant behind them? Nah...lets keep running right into the blitz! Yeah, that's it!

What we should have done is run right into the teeth of it about 17 times in a row on first down.....Oh wait.

35 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

What we should have done is run right into the teeth of it about 17 times in a row on first down.....Oh wait.

"They'll never see it comin... The big one comes........now!"

I normally don't call out our position coaches, but today I saw some question marks. I don't know if it is low football IQ by the players or what. Maybe they don't practice these situations, who knows.  Example 1, there was a 3rd and 5 play. The Z receiver is supposed to run a stick route. I am sure he was taught in practice to run a stick and stop at 10 yards. However, on 3rd and 5, you have to know to stick that route at 6 yards, otherwise, it's longer developing and a deeper throw for your QB. 

Secondly, at the end of the half, as a DB, you want to keep everything in front of you, especially when the clock is on your side. Not only does Carlton gamble, he gambles towards the inside, allowing the WR to break down the sideline, away from any help and the ability to step out of bounds to stop the clock. That is something you just have to know as a player. You absolutely cannot do that.

play action pass on first down at any time during the second half would have faked everyone out including me. I was begging for it but I knew we wouldn't do it. Sad

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I normally don't call out our position coaches, but today I saw some question marks. I don't know if it is low football IQ by the players or what. Maybe they don't practice these situations, who knows.  Example 1, there was a 3rd and 5 play. The Z receiver is supposed to run a stick route. I am sure he was taught in practice to run a stick and stop at 10 yards. However, on 3rd and 5, you have to know to stick that route at 6 yards, otherwise, it's longer developing and a deeper throw for your QB. 

Secondly, at the end of the half, as a DB, you want to keep everything in front of you, especially when the clock is on your side. Not only does Carlton gamble, he gambles towards the inside, allowing the WR to break down the sideline, away from any help and the ability to step out of bounds to stop the clock. That is something you just have to know as a player. You absolutely cannot do that.

Slayton was to deep on the stop route.  Thank goodness Stidham threw a frickin laser or it would have been a pick 6.

Carlton’s play was just selfish.  Trying to make a play that wasn’t there. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Slayton was to deep on the stop route.  Thank goodness Stidham threw a frickin laser or it would have been a pick 6.

Carlton’s play was just selfish.  Trying to make a play that wasn’t there. 

Carlton will get drafted high because he has great measurables, but he is going to have to mentally get involved at the next level if he wants a long career. Players not finishing plays. I watched Jeff Holland literally stop in pursuit. Talent can only get you so far. IMO, it is up to the coaches to call that crap out. After that, it is up to the players. Some of these guys need to be chewed out. 

Saying you out-schemed Gus is like saying you beat a 2 month old at chess...its fairly meaningless.  Everyone out-schemes Gus.  When we have more talent, we win.  When we run into a good team, we lose.  Its simple.  Congrats Coach O you beat an idiot.  Great job. 

Just now, DAG said:

Carlton will get drafted high because he has great measurables, but he is going to have to mentally get involved at the next level if he wants a long career. Players not finishing plays. I watched Jeff Holland literally stop in pursuit. Talent can only get you so far. IMO, it is up to the coaches to call that crap out. After that, it is up to the players. Some of these guys need to be chewed out. 

Carlton is a very good player his talent is there but he’s a little soft.  He has good ball skills but gets pushed around a little with the hand fighting and why he loses on the 50/50 balls.  But that INT attempt was a selfish attempt.  

Archived