Coach O says after game he out-schemed Gus

ChaddScott

Just now, augolf1716 said:

aka Andy Fuller.........I did that right bird??

No, Fuller was TE middle screen. ;D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

This game seemed more like Gus outschemed coach O in how to intentionally lose a game. This is getting reminiscent of Bowden running up the guy every play on 3rd and 10. I think Bowden wanted out and now so does Gus. No other explanation makes any sense. No way anyone with a brain runs it 17 times in a row on first down with the game on the line. Heck we were still doing with a 2 point lead. The only way it could have been more intentional was if we did it down by 1. Hell even when we were down by 1 with 2 minutes left at our own 20, we were going play action!  EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNEW WE WERE PASSING. THE ONLY REASON TO PA THERE IS TO HURT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.  I seriously wonder if this was intentional. Get up big to prove what you are capable of and then sabotage the game. I can't fathom any other possibility. 

That begs the next question, what would he be trying to get away from?  JJ?  Dye?  Other PTB?  All of the above? I'm sure someone on the inside could shed some light. There has to be some kind of turmoil behind the scenes somewhere. 

I tend to think the simplest explanation is most likely the case.  I do not think Gus wants out, and I think that everything we have seen is what Gus thinks is a good idea.  Consider last year's game against Clemson.  With an entire offseason to prepare for that game, we see the three QB hydra and the whirlybird.  That plan continued throughout the game, despite ample evidence that it was ineffective.  It was then doubled down on after the game.  No one in their right mind would have suggested that as a viable strategy for a season opener against a playoff team.  What we saw yesterday was merely the culmination of what we have seen since Gus arrived:  whatever he thinks is a good idea will be repeated indefinitely until it either works or the game is over.

Archived