Time frame to replace an AD?

AUBourne

How do these situations usually play out when both AD and coach are fired?  This has to happen at other schools all the time. Surely the AD has to be fired soon if AU hopes to replace the football staff at the end of the year?

I think the ground work has been laid with regard to replacing the AD.  Yesterday maybe the catalyst to act sooner rather than later.  Depending on the behind the scenes activity, the new AD has probably been working on HC candidates for a while.  That’s my optimistic view.

I hope we get rid of both, but I don't think that will happen.  I think the new AD and boosters will force Gus to part with Kodi, maybe Hand.  That's all.

It has been reported that Jacobs will not be the AD in the near future and despite Leath's comments contradicting some of the details in the original report, it is believed that the replacement of Jacobs will happen sooner rather than later.  I'm anticipating they have a plan in place for him to retire at the end of the current school year if not sooner.

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It has been reported that Jacobs will not be the AD in the near future and despite Leath's comments contradicting some of the details in the original report, it is believed that the replacement of Jacobs will happen sooner rather than later.  I'm anticipating they have a plan in place for him to retire at the end of the current school year if not sooner.

While that seems reasonable under normal circumstances, the current "issues" within the athletic department are not normal circumstances. Sex scandals, former coaches suing the University, and FBI arrests create special circumstances. We shouldn't give JJ the opportunity to retire and sail off into the sunset. He has given the Auburn Athletic Department a huge black eye. Be it softball, baseball, basketball, or another terrible football coaching hire, he has given the Auburn Athletics Department a black eye, it's time the University get the kahunas to act. 

He has hurt Auburn University. Sure he has made tons of money for the Athletic Department, but it isn't just about money. It's time for JJ to be removed. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should he be allowed to retire. He needs to be fired. Yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

While that seems reasonable under normal circumstances, the current "issues" within the athletic department are not normal circumstances. Sex scandals, former coaches suing the University, and FBI arrests create special circumstances. We shouldn't give JJ the opportunity to retire and sail off into the sunset. He has given the Auburn Athletic Department a huge black eye. Be it softball, baseball, basketball, or another terrible football coaching hire, he has given the Auburn Athletics Department a black eye, it's time the University get the kahunas to act. 

He has hurt Auburn University. Sure he has made tons of money for the Athletic Department, but it isn't just about money. It's time for JJ to be removed. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should he be allowed to retire. He needs to be fired. Yesterday. 

He's done way worse than what you describe.  "Hurt" doesn't even come close...he is by far the biggest fraud perpetrated on Auburn University in it's 161 year existence.  Nothing else even comes close.  At this point I'd be okay with paying him to GTFO.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He's done way worse than what you describe.  "Hurt" doesn't even come close...he is by far the biggest fraud perpetrated on Auburn University in it's 161 year existence.  Nothing else even comes close.  At this point I'd be okay with paying him to GTFO.

I know. I was just noting the 3 major issues as of late.

What he got with Golloway was what everybody advised him he would.  Then to get rid of him he created a fraudulent "NCAA violations" story with (old) video.  Scott Duval, who who did Jay Jacobs' bidding, was then simply assigned a different sport so he could be paid off for the hatchet job he pulled off on Jacobs' behalf.  Again, a completely criminal act (that Golloway actually was an a**hole only confirms what Jacobs knew when he hired him).

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It is mind boggling that he didn't go to jail for the 4,000 "unaccounted for" TUF seats.  That guy is a criminal.

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I hope we get rid of both, but I don't think that will happen.  I think the new AD and boosters will force Gus to part with Kodi, maybe Hand.  That's all.

That is not going to work. CGM wants to do it his way. They will have to fire him, TBH. 

6 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

In the lawsuit, Davis claims prior to July 2014 he discovered "between 3,500 and 3,800" seats in the Tigers Unlimited donor area of Jordan-Hare Stadium were not being sold through Tigers Unlimited, but instead sold at face value. Fans pay a "donation" ranging from $140 to $3,000 for the right to priority seating, which was alleged to have been waived.  Upon alerting Auburn athletics chief operating officer David Benedict of the discrepancy, Davis was later told to "keep his head down and mouth shut" about those tickets.

Of course Davis was painted as a scumbag by Jacobs plants and became the only person in the athletic department investigated about some sort of bogus gambling charge and was ultimately terminated.  This guy was at the top of TUF priority ticket sales.  This whole story was completely swept under the rug...and Jacobs got off scot free.

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think the ground work has been laid with regard to replacing the AD.  Yesterday maybe the catalyst to act sooner rather than later.  Depending on the behind the scenes activity, the new AD has probably been working on HC candidates for a while.  That’s my optimistic view.

If this is true then I find it bitter sweet.  Sweet because AU desperately needs to fire JJ and obviously replace CGM. But bitter because if they have a new AD selected  we are probably about to get saddled with another good ole boy who will be stepping to the same tune as JJ.  Another good ole boy = 10 more years of futility. Nepotism is why we hired JJ, Chizik, and Gus.  I am sick of it.

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jacobs is far more than simply incapable...he is flat out evil.  And this darkness permeates every area of the athletics department.  

Knowing him and his wife personally (and having no influence there, nor should I), I can't go there on this description. He is a good, good man, as is his family, and evil is the last word I'd use to describe him. I do agree that to everything there is a season, and it is time, perhaps long overdue, for a new season in Auburn athletics.

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

If this is true then I find it bitter sweet.  Sweet because AU desperately needs to fire JJ and obviously replace CGM. But bitter because if they have a new AD selected  we are probably about to get saddled with another good ole boy who will be stepping to the same tune as JJ.  Another good ole boy = 10 more years of futility. Nepotism is why we hired JJ, Chizik, and Gus.  I am sick of it.

Yeah, I was just trying to find the silver lining in all of this.  I was being as optimistic as possible and hoping for a quick solution so the University and Football can start getting over this mess without dragging this out too long.

On another note: I grew up in Satellite Beach many moons ago.  I still love the area.

56 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Knowing him and his wife personally (and having no influence there, nor should I), I can't go there on this description. He is a good, good man, as is his family, and evil is the last word I'd use to describe him. I do agree that to everything there is a season, and it is time, perhaps long overdue, for a new season in Auburn athletics.

Reading into this, I can only imagine your connection is through church.  He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Archived