Scale of 1-10, Rate the Appeal of the AU HC Job

Gowebb11

7 . I doubt we will attract any high profile coaches at winning programs . Our best bet is another hungry up and comer or a guy like Dan Mullen , who is at a stepping stone program. Not getting Richt , Patterson , etc. It would be stupid for them to leave unless they understand they are getting lots and lots of cash

About a 5 with JJ still there.  Maybe and 8 or 9 for a coach who would be guaranteed to become "Jesus" of the campus like Saban is at Bama. (i.e. I am king and I do what I want as long as I am HC).

To Heath Evans, it's a 10 right now.  And I really, really like that about him.

IMO:

Roster: 10/10 Seriously doubt someone could inherit a better roster in the country outside of Saban retiring. TAMU would be right there with us if they end up firing KS.

Athletic Department: 2/10. It's currently on fire and the current AD is not going to make the next hire so I can't see someone who is used to/searching for any type of stability coming into such a widespread shaky situation. Plus, who would even pull the trigger on hiring someone right now?

Football Program: 8/10. SEC West power, with resources, facilities, and is a place that has proven to be able to recruit to 10 talent and win championships at. Once hired at AU as HC nobody leaves the program until they are forced to. Not ideal that Saban is the main rival and in-state but we have won 2 conference championships, 1 national title, and another 2nd place finish while Saban has been at Bama, so it's not like it's impossible to succeed with him there. Plus his retirement will be sooner than later most likely. Meddling from the AD also knocks us down a bit.

Archived