Coordinators Silence

auburnphan

I really hope we hear from them tonight.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-coordinators-may-not-speak-to-media-again-this-season-108105856

Interested in seeing their body language as they spew the crap Gus makes them say, if he lets them speak.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chip was forced to take the blame for Clemson and was ready to walk. If I was Gus, I wouldn't want him in front of a camera after last night.

Well great. That's how you sow division and get everyone fired. I was hoping for the sake of avoiding complete embarrassment that we can keep the team together but this looks bad...

Just now, bigbird said:

Chip was forced to take the blame for Clemson and was ready to walk. If I was Gus, I wouldn't want him in front of a camera after last night.

Ready to walk as in ready to quit his job? This thing is even worse than I imagined.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He sure was. Others can validate. @auburnphan @WarDamnEagleWDE

Well, this is a mess.  Is Leath ready to go into action, does he have enough ammo to support any firings?  Seems like we have to act soon or suffer for another year.  The time is ripe.

There's enough blame to go around to Gus, Chip and Kevin. However, Gus IS the head coach and he alone should take 90% of them blame. How many times have we seem Malzahn does this over the past 5 years.

8 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Wow.  Just...wow.  How did we get here bird??? Good grief this is depressing. 

you know the answer!!!!    the ego and arrogance of one, gus malzahn....combine that with incompetence and you get what we have right now

Well. I am not going to blame the Defense for yesterday. 10 of the 13 pts LSU scored in the second half had nothing to do with the D. They really only gave up 3 pts in second half. 

I expected a good offense to seize the momentum back in the second half, like all good offenses do, on the road. 

I still want to know who actually called all those pass plays in the second half. And who decided to only throw on 1st down AFTER we lost the lead.

36 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Well. I am not going to blame the Defense for yesterday. 10 of the 13 pts LSU scored in the second half had nothing to do with the D. They really only gave up 3 pts in second half. 

I expected a good offense to seize the momentum back in the second half, like all good offenses do, on the road. 

I still want to know who actually called all those pass plays in the second half. And who decided to only throw on 1st down AFTER we lost the lead.

Who made the call to shut it down last week as well?? The answer is there. 

41 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, this is a mess.  Is Leath ready to go into action, does he have enough ammo to support any firings?  Seems like we have to act soon or suffer for another year.  The time is ripe.

Gus knew going into this year that his job was on the line. He has gone conservative to not to lose games, but ironically its going to cost him his job. Any leadership with true guts would let him go right now, or ask him to resign. 

36 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I still put some blame on the D,20 point lead should be more than enough for a win against that lsu offense(If you have an elite D). 23-7 or even 23-10 could of easily been the outcome also.

I'm still just absolutely sick from yesterday. It's even more sad that we pretty much saw this coming. After Clemson, we said there would be a four game win streak and all would be good again. But when the LSU game came around, we would see us falter. It's become so predictable.

So get ready to beat Arkansas and play close with TAMU. It's all too predictable.

So, our "leader" doesn't want grown men making huge money talking to the media, so he sends college players out instead.
Chip's ready to bail after only 2 games.
This house of cards is about to fall.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gus knew going into this year that his job was on the line. He has gone conservative to not to lose games, but ironically its going to cost him his job. Any leadership with true guts would let him go right now, or ask him to resign. 

Gus actually went conservative starting in the Louisville game in 2015.  I think the fact that JJ didn’t work out shook him to his core.  The JSU game was not to loose, the LSU game that year was ridiculous and he won’t put in SW because of the venue (ridiculous again).  When he started SW in the MSU game that year, I had the feeling Gus could have cared less if we won as long as we didn’t get blown out.  The scripted plays were spot on, until SW threw that interception, then into the shell.  The next game was uninspiring and the UK showed a spark. SW got hurt so the excuse was built in for him to survive.  We all witnessed 2016 and 2017.  

We are just now catching on to his trends that some insiders knew from the get go.  He is not a P5 coach.

As to the leadership, I agree, but there are a lot of moving parts which includes the AD situation.  Having said that, things need to move quickly to show some leadership.

11 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

poor Kerryon. This interview is telling 

That setting is similar to the JJ interview after the LSU game in 2015.  In the bleachers with no Auburn background.  I wonder if it was a player that got caught by the media without supervision.  It does speak volumes, just like the JJ interview in 2015.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He sure was. Others can validate. @auburnphan @WarDamnEagleWDE

Yes, watch that interview again.  If there was ever a case of a man being forced to lie, he showed it all.   

I think the best thing moving forward would be to name Horton Interim Head Coach.   He was close to leaving this last spring and I believe he can right the ship and allow the coaches to do their jobs.  Hire another assistant who can assist with the WR development.  Hopefully finish the season strong and let a new AD bring in his guy.

I have no intrest in the Arkansas game at this point. If we win and blow them out it will be what we should do, if they hang with us or beat us it’s just a bigger downward trend and the wheels will be off.

2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Wow.  Just...wow.  How did we get here bird??? Good grief this is depressing. 

When everybody in the department thinks that their boss is an idiot it sets the tone for all.  Especially when there is zero accountability anywhere.  It's bigger than just the coordinators for football.  If excellence is only a wish, that's an incredibly bad business model.  And I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir.  

Archived