Coordinators Silence

auburnphan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Chip was forced to take the blame for Clemson and was ready to walk. If I was Gus, I wouldn't want him in front of a camera after last night.

I didn't know this, but I did assume Chip was wronged in this way.  No way Chip would stand up and claim responsibility (again) for another Gus debacle.  At some point (maybe now), Chip will be hurting his own career if he stays.  Were I him, I'd already have feelers out. Gus won't leave until he's dragged feet first, kicking and screaming.  The team will be a shambles by then.

6 minutes ago, AURealist said:

At some point (maybe now), Chip will be hurting his own career if he stays. 

Yeah but he would be hurting it more if he walked out 3 games into the season.  No one will hire a guy like that.  Sometimes in life you have to tolerate BS until you find a better gig.

5 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Yeah but he would be hurting it more if he walked out 3 games into the season.  No one will hire a guy like that.  Sometimes in life you have to tolerate BS until you find a better gig.

If I were him, I'd have a job ready to go to after our upcoming loss to Wisconsin.

1 hour ago, AcUmen said:

You guys realize that the Marcello article linked in the OP was written in September, right?  What does that have to do with the loss to LSU last night?

you realize that we are talking about the presser tonight with a link to when Gus said they may not talk the rest of the season hence giving some context.  smh

27 minutes ago, AURealist said:

If I were him, I'd have a job ready to go to after our upcoming loss to Wisconsin.

Shoot, Wisconsin is rolling. We will never see them in a bowl.

If the pattern holds, based on GM's past track record...we will lose to TaM, GA, and Alabama.

No way with 5 loses we see Whisky in a bowl.

It will be Memphis again..

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Shoot, Wisconsin is rolling. We will never see them in a bowl.

If the pattern holds, based on GM's past track record...we will lose to TaM, GA, and Alabama.

No way with 5 loses we see Whisky in a bowl.

It will be Memphis again..

Very good point.  

Man, I wish we could get top players like Wisconsin.  >:(

>:D

3 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Wow.  Just...wow.  How did we get here bird??? Good grief this is depressing. 

Two words. Jay Jacobs.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, this is a mess.  Is Leath ready to go into action, does he have enough ammo to support any firings?  Seems like we have to act soon or suffer for another year.  The time is ripe.

Leath seems more interested in other issues rather than the athletic department (at least to me.) 

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

There's enough blame to go around to Gus, Chip and Kevin. However, Gus IS the head coach and he alone should take 90% of them blame. How many times have we seem Malzahn does this over the past 5 years.

Can't blame the defense for this. 

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Well. I am not going to blame the Defense for yesterday. 10 of the 13 pts LSU scored in the second half had nothing to do with the D. They really only gave up 3 pts in second half. 

I expected a good offense to seize the momentum back in the second half, like all good offenses do, on the road. 

I still want to know who actually called all those pass plays in the second half. And who decided to only throw on 1st down AFTER we lost the lead.

Well, think about it. Running on first down 17 consecutive times... And then the deep pass. Seems awfully similar to the offenses prior to chips arrival. Doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out.

2 hours ago, Southwest said:

I still put some blame on the D,20 point lead should be more than enough for a win against that lsu offense(If you have an elite D). 23-7 or even 23-10 could of easily been the outcome also.

You are welcome to, but your blame is misplaced. The defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. 3. And they were on the field a majority of the time after half time... And gave up 3 points. 

Yep. D gave up 17 points. A good team beats them every time only giving up 17.

But when you score 23 by half, surely a good offensive team finds a way to at least get a FG, and we still win.

Gus' teams simply find ways against good defensive teams to NOT adjust in the second half of Power 5 conference games...

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

the best thing moving forward would be to name Horton Interim Head Coach.   He was close to leaving this last spring and I believe he can right the ship and allow the coaches to do their jobs.  Hire another assistant who can assist with the WR development.  Hopefully finish the season strong and let a new AD bring in his guy.

I like this idea.  The coordinators have shown the ability to be successful when allowed to do their thing.  Horton could use the live experience to become a full time head coach next year somewhere else.  

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

poor Kerryon. This interview is telling 

This guy is a class act. He declined to answer the play calling question but you can see that he doesn't necessarily disagree its an issue. He takes full responsibility even though he is realistically blameless. He and the Auburn family deserve so much better!

21 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Leath seems more interested in other issues rather than the athletic department (at least to me.) 

Here’s the deal, there are other issues than the athletic department, I agree, but the athletic department is “low hanging fruit”.  If Leath looks like a leader here, then the rest of the decisions will come easier.  See President Reagan when faced with the Controller strike his first year in office.

This decision, especially the AD, is as easy as it gets.  The hiring of the new AD will show how he intends to handle the rest.  He also knows that a strong athletic program can bolster school pride, attendance and the bottom line more than any other issue he may face.  Other school have seen this and are making it work for them.

3 minutes ago, tigereye78 said:

This guy is a class act. He declined to answer the play calling question but you can see that he doesn't necessarily disagree its an issue. He takes full responsibility even though he is realistically blameless. He and the Auburn family deserve so much better!

I wonder where the "player execution" talking point originated....?

13 minutes ago, tigereye78 said:

I love KJ. Easily one of my fav players. Very good interview after such a frustrating loss. 

46 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Two words. Jay Jacobs.

Can't blame the defense for this. 

Well, think about it. Running on first down 17 consecutive times... And then the deep pass. Seems awfully similar to the offenses prior to chips arrival. Doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out.

You are welcome to, but your blame is misplaced. The defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. 3. And they were on the field a majority of the time after half time... And gave up 3 points. 

How many did we score in the 2nd half? More importantly when it came crunch time who's D stopped who's ? I am in no why excusing the O,but we have to also hold our elite D to task also. Lsu D had the same excuse also their O wasn't doing great but they held when needed the most.

23 minutes ago, Southwest said:

How many did we score in the 2nd half? More importantly when it came crunch time who's D stopped who's ? I am in no why excusing the O,but we have to also hold our elite D to task also. Lsu D had the same excuse also their O wasn't doing great but they held when needed the most.

Good Lord. Did you see the plays we were calling??? Of COURSE LSU was able to defend them.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good Lord. Did you see the plays we were calling??? Of COURSE LSU was able to defend them.

Good Lord,did you see their O only had 1 player?? Stop acting like someone is giving Gus a pass,only saying the D was a let down also.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Chip was forced to take the blame for Clemson and was ready to walk. If I was Gus, I wouldn't want him in front of a camera after last night.

I wondered how chip felt about it. I would have been beyond pissed.

I will guarantee he is already looking for a new gig.  it would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut.

17 minutes ago, Southwest said:

Good Lord,did you see their O only had 1 player?? Stop acting like someone is giving Gus a pass,only saying the D was a let down also.

LSU scored off of a drive consisting of jet sweeps.  That made me sick.  When they ran it up the middle those few times on that drive and got stuffed, I said here comes the jet sweep, and bam there it was.  Horrible angles taken by our D and horrible attempts at tackling.  I really thing our Defense has taken a couple of steps backwards. 

Also, why does it seem that we can't catch what should be easy interceptions?

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

LSU scored off of a drive consisting of jet sweeps.  That made me sick.  When they ran it up the middle those few times on that drive and got stuffed, I said here comes the jet sweep, and bam there it was.  Horrible angles taken by our D and horrible attempts at tackling.  I really thing our Defense has taken a couple of steps backwards. 

Also, why does it seem that we can't catch what should be easy interceptions?

I have no idea.. Once again I am no way saying Gus and the O didn't  flat out suck,but the one game our elite D should of saved us was against this horrific lsu O. Etling or whatever his name is come on.. 1 wr had over 150 yards. It was a collective clusterf%$*&.

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

19 minutes ago, Southwest said:

Good points on both sides. But of course none of this comes into play if we don't take our foot off the gas with a big lead. We did it in the NCG vs FSU, the GA game won on a tipped ball and now this LSU game. All games with big leads, 2 lost and 1 barely won. Keep scoring and don't let up. It lessens the impact of bad plays on our side and will overcome them. 

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

poor Kerryon. This interview is telling 

That short silence KJ took when asked a question in the middle of the interview--speaks in volumes.

Man. I love KJ. We're blessed to have him representing Auburn.

Fire Gus for the same reasons Houston Nutt fired Gus. They apply!  I’m not a Nutt fan and like many discounted his criticism.

What was Malzahns role in undermining Chizic? Seems Jay (yellowwood) had his man before he fired Chizic.  The three former player committee was just for show like we have returning players for pregame tailgate show.

is team discipline any better now?  Seems there are problems now with traditional illegal drugs. 

Fire Gus.  Have a professional search committee.

BTW-  A lawyer like Alabama Hammer needs to represent Jeremy Johnson, John Franklin,  ET al in a class action for Miarepresentation and loss of income.   We need the Go fund to hire attorneys to represent.  These SOBs like Gus have made millions taking advantage of poor underepresented Class.  I’m in for $1000. That’s one tenth of my annual scholarship donation.

Archived