Up 20-0, here's the play chart

DyeCampAlum

To be fair, I've thought a little more about it. My basic position remains the same, but having Prince at OR may have changed the plan. You have to send him help on pass plays, which frees LSU to load up on our right side. Which is exactly what happened and why we couldn't try intermediate routes.

Btw, our receivers are way too passive coming back to the ball.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

As Gus said I feel good where we are at with a 9 point lead.

Wow just wow

Yup, when I heard Gus say that on the radio coming out of halftime, I knew it was going to be run-run-incomplete every series. I said "TuberShell" about 50 times.

Gus really thought our D and Special Teams could hold them under 9 points for 30 minutes. And that as long as his offense didn't turn it over, we would win.

Ok i had to go to work at halftime. i just watched the 2nd half. im as frustrated as anyone. i do have a few questions. the first one, and the commentators didn't say anything or show another angle but the pass down the sideline on 3rd down before the punt return..... was that pass not on the money? it looked like it was there he just didn't turn and catch it. Slayton is not going after the ball very well. 

i have been a gus supporter but there is no reason to lose this game and no reason to not have a better offensive showing in the second half. i would rather fire him today and hope chip can salvage the season opposed to letting the season trickle away. the first half was strong.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus has to win out . Only way this can be resolved . Losing a close one to Bama is no good in my eyes 

Do you believe Gus will be retained if he wins out?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you believe Gus will be retained if he wins out?

Absolutely because he would’ve ruined both of their seasons. Only way retribution can be sought . But he has to win out. I am not giving him no passes.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Absolutely because he would’ve ruined both of their seasons. Only way retribution can be sought . But he has to win out. I am not giving him no passes.

I can see your point, but Gus has shown he can not beat a formidable foe on any consistent basis.  We should strive for better.  That’s up to the PTB though.

Coach Double Bubble was roaming the sideline with a play sheet again yesterday and it showed when we took a good lead and went into a shell.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus has to win out . Only way this can be resolved . Losing a close one to Bama is no good in my eyes 

Keeping Gus is not a resolution.  It's an exercise in self-delusion.  I shudder to think he might be coaching in Auburn next season.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

I see absolutely no way Malzahn is the HC at Auburn, or any other D1 school next season. None.

Here’s the vision you lack:

The AD is in chaos-induced shambles. It needs to be cleaned out first. Otherwise, Jacobs will fire a third coach, and his second coach, to only hire some new coach with some tie to Auburn’s past. Also, half the SEC will be looking for a coach, so good coaches will be hard to come by. 

12 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Keeping Gus is not a resolution.  It's an exercise in self-delusion.  I shudder to think he might be coaching in Auburn next season.

There is no way he will get fired if he wins out . Thinking that is delusion. Heck if he wins all the games left except Bama , chances are he won’t be fired .

Just now, DAG said:

There is no way he will get fired if he wins out . Thinking that is delusion. Heck if he wins all the games left except Bama , chances are he won’t be fired .

Well, if you saw the game yesterday, you know that ain't happening.

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Well, if you saw the game yesterday, you know that ain't happening.

Never said it would . Said he needed to win out for me to be back in support.

Just now, DAG said:

Yeah.  I totally agree that if Gus wins out, he'll be kept on.  If upper management runs true to form, he'll even get another contract extension with a big fat raise.  

The delusion is to think Gus won't revert into Gomer Turtle every chance he gets next year and the year after if we keep him. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is great, but Gus is the coaching equivalent of Jeremy Johnson - nice guy who can't reliably perform at this level.

Sucks to think Rashaan Evans and Gene Chizik are more perceptive, smarter and more decisive than Auburn's head honchos and 75% of our fanbase. 

Yeah.  I said it.

Still ragin'.

Just now, AURealist said:

Yeah.  I totally agree that if Gus wins out, he'll be kept on.  If upper management runs true to form, he'll even get another contract extension with a big fat raise.  

The delusion is to think Gus won't revert into Gomer Turtle every chance he gets next year and the year after if we keep him. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is great, but Gus is the coaching equivalent of Jeremy Johnson - nice guy who can't reliably perform at this level.

Sucks to think Rashaan Evans and Gene Chizik are more perceptive, smarter and more decisive than Auburn's head honchos and 75% of our fanbase. 

Yeah.  I said it.

Still ragin'.

He probably will but no person in their right mind would fire a coach who wins a conference championship. Will he do that ? Doubt it but that is what it would take in my eyes 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

He probably will but no person in their right mind would fire a coach who wins a conference championship. Will he do that ? Doubt it but that is what it would take in my eyes 

Well, that's just it.  Gus wins out, he stays.  Gus staying is not a resolution.  It's punting the problem one or more years into a dismal future.  No telling how many loyal fans will be lost to heart attacks, strokes and postal episodes if we're forced to go that route.  

Best to fire him now to eliminate even the tiniest possibilities of that cruel fate.  Then follow up with fire and bleach. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

But do you want it to be resolved is the question. If that happens which I strongly believe it will not he stays and we are enduring the same thing again.

11 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Well, that's just it.  Gus wins out, he stays.  Gus staying is not a resolution.  It's punting the problem one or more years into a dismal future.  No telling how many loyal fans will be lost to heart attacks, strokes and postal episodes if we're forced to go that route.  

Best to fire him now to eliminate even the tiniest possibilities of that cruel fate.  Then follow up with fire and bleach. 

I know some people came mighty close. 

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Yep. Gus is not n a good spot atm and that is all I am going to say on this matter. Winning out which is very unlikely or beating UGA and close loss to bama is only way I see this staying the current path. That was the worst loss this decade for Auburn football. The title game is the most important loss of the decade but this is the worst. We have top 5 talent and we're up by 20 early in the 2nd quarter. I was very surprised that our defense let Danny E play the best game of the year. Our leader got hurt in the 1st quarter on defense or one of then and the other has been hurt most of year. Also Daniel Thomas has to catch the int and put the game away before half. The defense only gave up 17 though and are injured and have given their all this year. I don't see the team quitting on Gus, but he just screwed up and believe me he knows it. The worst call of the game in my opinion was punting on 4th and 1 at the 50 in the 4th quarter when we were leading by 2. We have a walk on punter who is not very good at all.  Kerryon would have gotten a 1st and we would have put the game away with a fg. KJ was getting 5 yards a run during that series minus the 3rd down run. Also Kodi Burns (which I hate calling out coaches especially an Auburn man) needs to be let go today imo. The wr can't catch and they aren't prepared for anything except how to block. Gus gambled and chose his path. 

When you, the usually optimistic austudent23, start making the comments others have for a while now,  I know things are rancid on the team and the situation is dire. I read an article that said that:  "the Gus Malzahn Auburn hired and the Gus Malzahn we now have are two totally different coaches". It made a truly compelling argument that I totally agree with. If I can find it again I'll post it here.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

But do you want it to be resolved is the question. If that happens which I strongly believe it will not he stays and we are enduring the same thing again.

No, I don't want it to be resolved. I want a fierce coach. I don't care if he is an up and comer or solidified. Gus is an egomaniac, hard-headed jerk off, IMO. That works if you are a winner but it is clear this is not the case.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, I don't want it to be resolved. I want a fierce coach. I don't care if he is an up and comer or solidified. Gus is an egomaniac, hard-headed jerk off, IMO. That works if you are a winner but it is clear this is not the case.

I really wanted to reach through my tv and choke him no lie. I been wanting a new coach since last year's clemson game and haven't wavered since. I like what Auburn stands for of a place with high morals and all that and I definitely don't want someone that will come in here and do underhanded, terrible things behind the scenes and also get the team to act like thugs. I DO want someone that will get on the players and demand excellence doing it the right way not allowing any soft mindsets. We are in the worst of places right now with him forcing our hand to test the waters of head coaches but we have no choice and JJ and the board are acting like we do.

Archived