Null

slot canyon

Softball Recruiting Areas

I think it was Whack Hyder, former basketball coach at Georgia Tech, that said upon his retirement that he still liked coaching, but hated recruiting.  He just wanted to put up a notice on the athletic bulletin board saying " All persons interested in playing varsity basketball report to the gym at 4 P.M. Wednesday".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some of this has been covered in previous entries but will review this year’s players and the recruiting areas.  We had 2 players who played for the Birmingham Thunderbolts.  I suspect they were commits from the prior coaching staff…Maddie Majors and Carlee McCondichie.  We have a pitcher, Shelby Lowe,  committed for next year from the Thunderbolts.   I have noticed that a good number of players from the Thunderbolts sign with  Mississippi State and that was the case for 3 players this year  and another committed for next year.  Also interesting that 2 players on the Premier team signed with Maryland and that seems to be a program in turmoil. 

As noted in past entries we are now getting commits from Beverly Bandits.  This year Jaylin Calvert.  Also, I noticed on the Bandits site that our signee Maia Engelkes now appears on a Bandits team.  She previously played on a travel team in South Dakota.  I wonder if she was encouraged to play on a more competitive team to prepare her for college ball.   At this point, we have another player committed from the bandits for 2020, 2021 and two players 2022. 

Kaylyn Dismukes plays for Georgia Impact.   She plays at a smaller high school in Holtville, Alabama.  Her junior season she batted .453 and had 13 home runs.  314 Strikeouts. 

Final player 2019 class is Lindsey Garcia, a good hitting SS  from Broward County Fla. She plays for Gold Coast Hurricaines. 

If there is a trend it may be our entry into the Beverly Bandits.  Of course Coach Kettlehut coached with that organization prior to arriving at Auburn.  Hopefully we continue to draw from the Thunderbolts and I am not aware of any reason why that should not continue.  I would like to see players who are good people, good players and who want to play for and love Auburn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I believe you omitted Maddison Koepke from Dacula, GA, who plays for Mill Creek HS and the East Cobb Bullets, the team that Kelley Lynch pitches for.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I believe you omitted Maddison Koepke from Dacula, GA, who plays for Mill Creek HS and the East Cobb Bullets, the team that Kelley Lynch pitches for.  

Thanks whiskey, I had her on my list but managed to overlook  her in my post.  

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, slot canyon said:

Some of this has been covered in previous entries but will review this year’s players and the recruiting areas.  We had 2 players who played for the Birmingham Thunderbolts.  I suspect they were commits from the prior coaching staff…Maddie Majors and Carlee McCondichie.  We have a pitcher, Shelby Lowe,  committed for next year from the Thunderbolts.   I have noticed that a good number of players from the Thunderbolts sign with  Mississippi State and that was the case for 3 players this year  and another committed for next year.  Also interesting that 2 players on the Premier team signed with Maryland and that seems to be a program in turmoil. 

As noted in past entries we are now getting commits from Beverly Bandits.  This year Jaylin Calvert.  Also, I noticed on the Bandits site that our signee Maia Engelkes now appears on a Bandits team.  She previously played on a travel team in South Dakota.  I wonder if she was encouraged to play on a more competitive team to prepare her for college ball.   At this point, we have another player committed from the bandits for 2020, 2021 and two players 2022. 

Kaylyn Dismukes plays for Georgia Impact.   She plays at a smaller high school in Holtville, Alabama.  Her junior season she batted .453 and had 13 home runs.  314 Strikeouts. 

Final player 2019 class is Lindsey Garcia, a good hitting SS  from Broward County Fla. She plays for Gold Coast Hurricaines. 

If there is a trend it may be our entry into the Beverly Bandits.  Of course Coach Kettlehut coached with that organization prior to arriving at Auburn.  Hopefully we continue to draw from the Thunderbolts and I am not aware of any reason why that should not continue.  I would like to see players who are good people, good players and who want to play for and love Auburn.

Thanks for the updates....and ya just gotta love the names of those travel teams......great imagination. ....

Not sure what a graduation marshal is/does, but it sounds like Ms. Podany has made the most of her college experience.  Congratulations to her for what she has done over 4 years, including this latest honor.

• Like 2