Our AD needs to pull a Joe Alleva

thaitopher

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

By pulling Gus and Chip aside and telling Gus Chip will be in control of the offense moving forward

Been done a couple times already.

Have they not done that already?  Someone please put that post back where the exact terminology is quoted.  

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Been done a couple times already.

Which is ridiculous.  If you have a HC you have to micro-manage, then just fire the guy.  This isn't the NFL where the owners sit around editing the depth charts and what not.  It's a bad strategy for running a program.

The most successful coaches are the coaches who have complete control.  

10 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

By pulling Gus and Chip aside and telling Gus Chip will be in control of the offense moving forward

Gus is not going to listen. He has shown that he is going to do what he wants . If it leads to him being fired , I think he will be okay with it. He wants to go out during it his way.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus is not going to listen. He has shown that he is going to do what he wants . If it leads to him being fired , I think he will be okay with it. He wants to go out during it his way.

Then JJ needs to have the cajones to fire him

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Then JJ needs to have the cajones to fire him

JJ doesn’t have the support to do anything it seems that is the issue. He is trying to save his own job. Apparently, CGM and him aren’t even on talking terms (rumors).

18 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Personally, I would think everything that needs to be known is already known and made obvious by the need to even have such a conversation.  When you have to tell your head coach such things, the head coach is useless.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

JJ doesn’t have the support to do anything it seems that is the issue. He is trying to save his own job. Apparently, CGM and him aren’t even on talking terms (rumors).

If Jacobs wanted to fire Gus, who would have been opposing it?

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Interesting

So someone maybe Jacobs had the conversation with Gus after the Clemson game that he (Gus) needs to stay out of the offense and let Lindsey run the offense?  The sad part is that someone has to tell him that. Gus can't go back and look at his on the field product and see that HE has to make adjustments to his offensive approach to the game. . The game evolves but Gus does not.  It is a real $hit show over there at the athletic department.  They need to clean house. 

12 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

If Jacobs wanted to fire Gus, who would have been opposing it?

My point is.JJ is probably just a figurehead at the moment. If CGM is to be fired, it will be doing a time where JJ and CGM are fired together or post JJ departure. I don't think the heads are about letting JJ make any grossly huge decisions at the moment.

Archived