Things I Think I Saw (AU vs LSU).....

JMR

8 minutes ago, JMR said:

don't know what Kam Pettway's injury situation is. It's pretty obvious that he is not the same running back that excelled last season. He look healthy compared to the last time I saw him, but "ineffective" is a generous assessment of his play.

The switch to zone blocking has basically elimated one of our best weapons in Pettway. Instead of having a predetermined hole to run towards, he is now tasked with reading the line and finding a hole. Kj can do this well,  Pett cannot. So we see him basically running into the pile. 

Allowing Lindsey to change the blocking scheme while not adding any more pass routes is a complete joke. Basically chip took the only thing we did well and changed it for no additional gains. 

• Like 6

Thanks I always enjoy reading your insights to the game. However, I feel that now Gus has to go or this program will only get worse until it becomes totally irrelevant. Gus is not a P5 coach or assistant coach he really does not understand adjustments that need to be made during a game. Carlton has not shown the promise he did his freshman year but then again he has had a different secondary coach every year. Not sure what the rest of the year holds but I do not believe Gus will change. 

• Like 2

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic

Believe that was Roberts that recovered that fumble early. But, my interpretation of the play seeing it in real time was that it was his missed assignment because it looked to me like Davis just let the man go- not sure what the coverage was without rewatching. But, I agree, Davis was not good yesterday- that whiff on the short pass turning it into a ~40 yd gain was brutal to watch because it was so fundamentally unsound, technically and strategically. Thanks as always, Coach! Look forward to your assessments of a new coaching staff soon, lol!

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Believe that was Roberts that recovered that fumble early. But, my interpretation of the play seeing it in real time was that it was his missed assignment because it looked to me like Davis just let the man go- not sure what the coverage was without rewatching. But, I agree, Davis was not good yesterday- that whiff on the short pass turning it into a ~40 yd gain was brutal to watch because it was so fundamentally unsound, technically and strategically. Thanks as always, Coach! Look forward to your assessments of a new coaching staff soon, lol!

Fred, Roberts made the tackle/caused the fumble, and Davis picked it up. At least that's how I remember it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JMR said:

Fred, Roberts made the tackle/caused the fumble, and Davis picked it up. At least that's how I remember it. 

You might be right, Coach. I think my brain is fried after watching that second half yesterday without the help of any mind/mood altering substances...

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

You might be right, Coach. I think my brain is fried after watching that second half yesterday without the help of any mind/mood altering substances...

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch one more game with Malzahn at the wheel. The man has got serious issues. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Coach, hard not to notice your insights on several aspects of OL play. Has Hand been a disappointment in your opinion?
Thanks.

Just now, JMR said:

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch one more game with Malzahn at the wheel. The man has got serious issues. 

I hear you. I told my family yesterday that I wasn’t watching another minute of Auburn football as long as he was the coach... and I was serious. As much as I love Auburn I never thought I’d say that but I just can’t stand to watch his mismanagement of our personnel and the game situations any longer. 

Just want to thank you for the time and pain it took to craft...and relive...your excellent analysis of yesterday's display. Episode. You are a blessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CR said:

Has Hand been a disappointment in your opinion?
Thanks.

A disappointment would be an upgrade for Hans. He has been nothing short of a colossal failure. This 6th, 7th, 8th OL crap he does is not working. He cannot scout our IL in camp. Shifting out OL 4 times in a game is very dumb.

27 minutes ago, JMR said:

CD and SR should've had him bracketed. Davis let him cross his face and get inside of him and then just stopped after about 10. Roberts got caught with his eyes in the backfield and wasn't in position over the top. So our bracket consisted of Davis trailing the play by 10 yards and Roberts flat footed and even with the out breaking receiver.  

• Facepalm 1

Thanks......great job as always.

Can you coach the team moving forward? 

24 minutes ago, CR said:

Coach, hard not to notice your insights on several aspects of OL play. Has Hand been a disappointment in your opinion?
Thanks.

To me, yes. A huge disappointment. And I really wanted him. It's like he skips the basic stuff and moves to the more advanced, schematic stuff. 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

CD and SR should've had him bracketed. Davis let him cross his face and get inside of him and then just stopped after about 10. Roberts got caught with his eyes in the backfield and wasn't in position over the top. So our bracket consisted of Davis trailing the play by 10 yards and Roberts flat footed and even with the out breaking receiver.  

Seemed like Roberts broke towards the other half of the field to help on another deep route going that way the broke back towards his deep half when he saw the ball in the air...

Just now, fredst said:

Seemed like Roberts broke towards the other half of the field to help on another deep route going that way the broke back towards his deep half when he saw the ball in the air...

But he shouldn't have. It was a post-corner, The post was coming right at him. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You were still on the roof of the Gus Bus till yesterday? I'm done with you. >:D

You've seen the idiot being pulled behind the car on a skateboard?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

But he shouldn't have. It was a post-corner, The post was coming right at him. 

I’m agreeing with you. I was happy with the end result but really disturbed at the time with how we got there, particularly with two pretty experienced guys

10 hours ago, weagl1 said:

It's just hard to fathom why Chip (or Gus) kept trying to run the ball on 1st down time after time after they adjusted.  

No it is not. Our higschool coach went out and hired a high school oc from his coaching tree that can't adapt. Somehow Gus hired the only OC in America that uses the wildcat more than he did. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1