Fire Gus Petition-Please sign

WFE12

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Anybody that wants Gus gone which should be everyone at this point sign this petition please. It will be sent to Dr.Leath.

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-auburn-university

The more we do this crap, the more irrational and reactionary we appear. ??☹️

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Disagree. In fact, I can't remember a time when it's ever been done before in this context. Desperate times call for desperate measures. No, it's not reactionary. It's called TIRED OF A PATTERN. Patterns, rather than isolated incidents, invite comment, promote action, and demand a response. Even if the response is not what we like, we at least know that we didn't sit back and do nothing. Are sit-ins at Toomers Drug next? I kid...but oh, the thoughts that keep popping into this head! (No disrespect to the original sit-ins...one visit to the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis ignited my already-crusader fire more. Exquisite and bucket-list worthy, especially for history and justice aficionados.)

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

Disagree. In fact, I can't remember a time when it's ever been done before in this context. Desperate times call for desperate measures. No, it's not reactionary. It's called TIRED OF A PATTERN. Patterns, rather than isolated incidents, invite comment, promote action, and demand a response. Even if the response is not what we like, we at least know that we didn't sit back and do nothing. Are sit-ins at Toomers Drug next? I kid...but oh, the thoughts that keep popping into this head! (No disrespect to the original sit-ins...one visit to the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis ignited my already-crusader fire more. Exquisite and bucket-list worthy, especially for history and justice aficionados.)

I just want to know that we have a solid plan before we fire him. Speeding up the process by petitions and what not may be counterproductive.

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You may have had a point if we hadn't been dealing with this for years and JJ and others having kept him on despite all the crap that's happened. We need to do this for them to take us seriously. We need to do other things to hit them where it hurts-their pockets. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I just want to know that we have a solid plan before we fire him. Speeding up the process by petitions and what not may be counterproductive.

IMG_0622.JPG

The Plan is to fire and hire an AD while everyone else is firing and hiring head coaches.  

That will leave Auburn with a nice bowl of logs from which to choose. We need only grab one by the clean end and we're on our way back to the future. 

Simple really...

*The petition has now surpassed 1,540 votes for ouster.

On 10/15/2017 at 5:57 PM, aujeff11 said:

Disagree. Gus losing big games started in the BCS national championship game. Lsu was the icing on the cake. Fire him now and let us try and run the table. If we lose to Arkansas then SEC Championship dreams are over.

6 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Disagree. Gus losing big games started in the BCS national championship game. Lsu was the icing on the cake. Fire him now and let us try and run the table. If we lose to Arkansas then SEC Championship dreams are over.

SEC Championship dreams been over...don't do that to yourself please. Don't allow yourself to fall for the okie doke over and over.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

SEC Championship dreams been over...don't do that to yourself please.

If we win out and LSU loses another game then we win the west. Yes, that means we have to beat UGA and Bama, but it certainly won't happen with Gus as headcoach.

7 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

If we win out and LSU loses another game then we win the west. Yes, that means we have to beat UGA and Bama, but it certainly won't happen with Gus as headcoach.

Yes so...it's better to not even bring that up so you get readers' hopes up. Tired of my AU brethren getting false hope only to get let down over and over and over and over and over and....OVER.

Signed! And to add, at this point we could win a natty and I want him out. Been burnt too many times by the guy. 

I understand and share your frustrations.  And I suppose signing a petition allows people to let off some steam.  But at the end of the day signing petitions is a waste of time.

I really don't believe that the Auburn Powers That Be (PTB) actually watch the games.  I doubt that they even look at the scores on Sunday.  All they look at are the financial reports come in on Monday morning.

Some programs realize that winning consistently will result in major profits.  Other programs are constantly performing cost benefit analyses and doing the minimum necessary to realize profit.  Unfortunately the Auburn PTBs are the later.  And the only thing that will push them into action is to see the bottom line drop....significantly.  So empty seats and poor TV ratings are their only motivators for change.

And when the empty seats and poor TV ratings manifest themselves, they will only hire a coach that will increase interest enough to refill the seats for a few years when the process can be repeated.  There are a lot of parallels between Jacobs and Roger Goodell.  Both are simply executing the orders of a bunch of businessmen..

I would love to fire the PTBs.  But until one of my lottery tickets finally hits the mark I'm afraid that this will continue.  In the meantime, I can only hope that they will fire JJ and hire a real football person with true football contacts in the coaching world as AD.  I want an AD that can watch the games and truly critique the performance of the players and coaches.  I want an AD that knows several good coaches and can see good coaching talent when they are young.  For those that insist that the AD should be a good business person, I would argue that there are already too many business people involved in Auburn sports.  We really need someone with invested interest in the success of all Auburn sports and especially football.  There are plenty of business people that can support him.

Phew.... I think writing this post was much more therapeutic to me than signing a petition.

1,901 isn't a lot of signatures.  

I guess most people are willing to give him another year or two to grow and blossom into the coach we all wish he were.

4 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

can I sign it more than once?

Pretty sure it's based on email... So yeah keep generating some emails and knock yourself out

On 10/17/2017 at 1:24 PM, WFE12 said:

We at 2,000!

5 hours ago, AURealist said:

1,901 isn't a lot of signatures.  

I guess most people are willing to give him another year or two to grow and blossom into the coach we all wish he were.

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

can I sign it more than once?

Even if it were to swell to JHS-capacity,

"Full of Sound and Fury..."

I'll stick with beer and cussing.

ETA - WDE

Archived