Embarrassed or Mad?

Beaker

I hope this is not redundant.  I wonder if most are mad or embarrassed.  

After driving 4 hrs today and thinking about this, I have come to the conclusion I am flat out embarrassed.  I have been an earnest, passionate fan since '83.  I have not been embarrassed by the same dumb repetitive stuff though.  A bad loss here and there, but nothing like this year in and year out.  This is flat out embarrassing.  We look like a DII or DIII program and I have seen some of that - my son almost played for one.   Our coaching was a joke.  I am not a coach, but I am sure I would NOT keep doing the same daggum thing every set of downs!  5 mil for that?

I don't need to explain the difference to ya'll - mad or embarrassed?    We haven't been this talented with so many weapons since 2004.    Up by 20 and favored to win...?

Mods - delete my OP if this is redundant.

Neither. 

I was embarrassed after Clemson last season. 

I was mad after Clemson this season. 

Now, I feel nothing, except maybe some sadness for our players. I'm just waiting for the inevitable - and I'd rather it get here in a hurry, so we can all move on from this mess. 

Embarrassed and frustrated. I was at the game but you could tell going into half time that we were about to lose. When we didn't go for it on 4th and a foot from the 50 in the fourth quarter I about lost my mind. I'm not really mad about it anymore since this is how most of our seasons have been since 2015.

Fair question but I'm not mad because I gave that part up quite a few years ago when I realized other things are more important to me. Gus is the one who should be embarrassed, not me. I could not have remained calm when I was younger but I guess since I've witnessed as many seasons of missed expectations as I have it just doesn't surprise me anymore. Gus is not doing us any favors with how he's coaching but he didn't invent Auburn's failure to capitalize on opportunity. We mastered that a long time ago. 

Honestly I laughed. Everyone on the planet who has watched our FB program w Gus at the helm knew what was coming. I hate to say it, but I'm not super upset bc it should mean the end of Gus. 

I feel bad for the players more than anything.  These guys deserve more.  They are a talented bunch and they are being way under coached.  ITs one thing to lose if you get beat.  Its another to give it away.  I agree when they punted on 4th and 1 foot I knew he was playing scared.

Neither honestly. I'm just resigned to the crap we'll see while CGM is HC. I've stopped watching the games for the most part and do other things with my Saturdays,

Both mad and embarrassed.  I get sick thinking about how much talent we're wasting.

We could have had Kirby Smart.

A little embarrassed, but suddenly overwhelmed with no longer giving a shart. It feels like my fanhood is now on xoloft. Good thing I haven't been talking smack at work. Which is funny- all these years of being privately optimistic but in public we keep quiet because we know our coach is an ass clown. smh. We've been nowhere to be found on sports radio either: that foresight alone should soften the embarrassment- on some level we all knew it.

Mad. Embarrassed implies I had something to do with it. Just me.

Extremely mad. I love my fall and Auburn season look foward to it every year. All teams lose every now and again and there are bad seasons. Is this the worst Auburn team I've seen...no...not by a long shot that's what I'm mad at. Loads of talent on this team. I know people might hate me for saying this because I don't like it myself....but I wonder what this team would be like with a year under Sabans coaching?

I feel sorry for the children who are having to endure him. Thankfully, I grew up while we beat Bama 6 times in a row & won the natty my sophomore year in HS. No bama fans could ever talk trash to me at school, but I was mature enough to not give them hell.  Poor kids, these days. 

Both.

Both.  And Sad.  We got coach who thinks he's a guru but he just had his lunch money stolen by the village idiot.  Really sad for the young men who have worked so hard. 

Archived