Embarrassed or Mad?

Beaker

Pissed last night...........numb today. 

I know what Gus is. I had been in denial but the Clemson game woke me up. I am pissed at myself for believing that Gus had finally turned the corner. I will never fall for that again.

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

A little embarrassed, but suddenly overwhelmed with no longer giving a shart. It feels like my fanhood is now on xoloft. Good thing I haven't been talking smack at work. Which is funny- all these years of being privately optimistic but in public we keep quiet because we know our coach is an ass clown. smh. We've been nowhere to be found on sports radio either: that foresight alone should soften the embarrassment- on some level we all knew it.

I’m apathetic, but I’ve been that way for 3 1/2yrs now.  I refuse to talk smack or even throw praise and accolades on our players mid-season.  

I refuse to hype up this team as a championship caliber team when they’ve proven NOTHING by beating a string of cupcakes when we are only 6 games into the season.  

Im not embarrassed nor do I feel a huge let down.  I’ve had a long stretch of apathy towards all of AU Athletics honestly.

Im not mad either.  We’ve known what caliber of coaching staff we’ve had, so why get angry when they do what they do?

Embarrassed! And quiet frankly tired of having to explain all of the excuses and reasons year after year. Especially after we lose a game we should have won or just don't show up at all.

4 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Honestly I laughed. Everyone on the planet who has watched our FB program w Gus at the helm knew what was coming. I hate to say it, but I'm not super upset bc it should mean the end of Gus. 

Let's hope it actually does mean the end. The fact that we have to question that is scary. But when you don't have faith in the powers that be...

Not really much of either.  After I graduated undergrad a few years ago, my zealous fanaticism has kind of waned and I don't know why.  Maybe its something you go through when you first start getting older than the team you're pulling for or maybe it's just a priority shift.  I'm from a (rather obnoxious) half-Bama family so I'm kind of numb to rival taunts.  I just get tired of Auburn settling for "being Auburn" on so many things.  

P.S. However, an odd occurrence that has happened since undergrad ended is I take AU baseball losses much harder than I used to.  Its always been my favorite sport, but it's kind of strange how I feel my passion growing in that area and lessening toward football losses.  Is this a quarter-life crisis ?? :dunno:

I just laughed. Anyone who still takes Gus seriously as a head coach needs to stop dreaming. I expected the lights to go out at some point this season, I just didn't expect it to be this soon. 

After watching the LSU game, I'm not sure they stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning at A&M. 

I'm flat out angry. Malzahn's only real chance this year was to step away and let Lindsey do his thing with Stidham and the offense.  Well, he may not be calling each play, but his fingerprints are all over it, as well as his tendencies. 

9 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Both.  And Sad.  We got coach who thinks he's a guru but he just had his lunch money stolen by the village idiot.  Really sad for the young men who have worked so hard. 

Yeah well said.  We got out coached by the village idiot starting a ton of freshmen and sophomores.  

Taylorekeeton also said it: I feel for the youth that have endure this in school.  And my son will suffer through this as a student there   

No way Gus out coaches a team of equal talent. 8-4.  What will be the excuses be this yr?  Every year we have "reasons".  

Neither really, It has played out about how I expected. I figured Gus would certainly lose to GA, Clemson, UA, and probably crap the bed once, or twice more along the way. I sincerely hope no one was dumb enough to believe that the offense was going to change very much when Gus decided to hire a former analyst that worked under him a couple of three years ago. That one thing told me all I needed to know. 

I'm neither, I lost all confidence in Gus after he had a full off season to come up with a game plan for the '16 Clemson game. I do feel bad for the players who were sold a false bill of goods. 

Just now, WinForAuburn said:

Mad.  But worse than that, Gus has done something I didn't think was possible.  He's sucked the fun out of Auburn football.  

Actually, Chizik did it first, but yes, Gus has sucked the fun out of AU football.  

wde

Both embarrassed and mad. Embarrassed that we have such a clown running the show and that we lose games (mainly) because we beat ourselves--not because the other team beat us. Mad because the players deserve so much better.

does anyone else just want to kick their own a$$ for watching that and believing in a win at all? thats how i feel. i just want to kick my own a$$.

c7e757908d60cd649db33b80eb41859c--tv-mov

Archived