Anyone talk to Gus

TigerOne

or know him on a personal level? I would be very interested in knowing his mindset after a game like this.

All of the negative and deserved bad press, the lack of offense, the consistent losing big games, the lack of intensity, attention to detail,

mental toughness, killer instinct etc etc. Surely someone close to him has asked.

It is so bizarre, foreign and statistically impossible one has to wonder what is going on.

Why is Auburn destined for 3-5 more years of starting over. This was the year, the sec sucks we have great talent but instead we joined the part of the conference

that sucks. Auburn is afraid of being good and in this year great.

I heard through the grape vine his real estate agent called him while on the bus ride home.

that's the sign of a good worker. always trying to stay one step ahead of the game. 

not sure if they put a for sale out yet or not.

34 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I would be very interested in knowing his mindset after a game like this.

Apparently, it’s not just Gus that is MIA, the other coaches are not doing as many pressers with the media.  They stopped doing Sunday night pressers.

I would like to say something to him about his game planning...

5f34746929f99036a1a020306395f275--quotes-about-mistakes-rick-warren.jpg

Supposedly Gus has some friends from Arky, but he doesn't really run close in any local circles. I know some people (not name dropping promise) but none know Gus. If you hear of anyone that has his ear let me know. I think he is pretty private. 

Yes, I talked to him.  He's says it's all a big misunderstanding.  He thought it was the end of the world last Saturday with Planet X Nibiru.  He put on his red sneakers at half and decided to call his last game during the 2nd half.

He was shocked that the world didn't end by the end of the game.  That's why he proclaimed the game wasn't the end of the world at his post game presser -- he was being literal.   He feels silly about it.  Don't worry, everything is all good now.  No more worries.  A big misunderstanding. 

If he has any friends, I guarantee they're only ones who tell him how great he is. I imagine Kodi cradling Gus at night and telling him how much of an offensive genius he is.

8 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

I heard through the grape vine his real estate agent called him while on the bus ride home.

that's the sign of a good worker. always trying to stay one step ahead of the game. 

not sure if they put a for sale out yet or not.

Since all of our ex football coaches live in Auburn, I’m calling bs on that rumor.

2 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

If he has any friends, I guarantee they're only ones who tell him how great he is. I imaging Kodi cradling Gus at night and telling him how much of an offensive genius he is.

Oh so he took over Rhett's role when he moved...got it.

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Since all of our ex football coaches live in Auburn, I’m calling bs on that rumor.

How would anyone know that, anyways?

Someone on the bus hears him talking about the housing market on his cell phone and just tells someone? That is one hell of a time and place to start discussing that LOL

Look you guys would have to be an offensive genius like Gus to be able to comprehend the great strategy of running the ball 17 consecutive times up the middle. He told Chip to just keep running it cause sooner or later coach O was going to tell his players  , “ surely this idiot won’t run it up the middle again” and his defense would change and it would have went for a first down. Problem is coach O never thought about it. ?

A UNC buddy of mine told me Friday (while discussing them skating NCAA) that Gus had the job in Chapel Hill a few years ago until they found out about this "crazy wife", (his words).

Since Texas A&M '14, Gus has been doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...  just sayin' TFWIW

8 minutes ago, NCeagle said:

A UNC buddy of mine told me Friday (while discussing them skating NCAA) that Gus had the job in Chapel Hill a few years ago until they found out about this "crazy wife", (his words).

Since Texas A&M '14, Gus has been doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...  just sayin' TFWIW

Wow i totally heard that too from them a few years back! funny is that the same description was used. do we have the same friend?

I quit talking to him after the UGA game last year.............Waffle House banned him, Village Exon on Gay & Samford told him there are gas stations in Opelika. Maybe he is getting the message.

Yes.  He said that the offense is getting real close and they will work the kinks out. He also added that he is anticipating a good week of practice.

Also he said it was obvious he was not calling plays cuz he would of run it up the middle 20 times in a row.

Nobody, not even coaching staffers or admin staffers have talked to Gus in weeks.  The only conversations between Gus and the coaches amount to them saying "OK, if that is what you want". 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Nobody, not even coaching staffers or admin staffers have talked to Gus in weeks.  The only conversations between Gus and the coaches amount to them saying "OK, if that is what you want". 

You are just being sarcastic and not being serious, right?

wde

35 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

You are just being sarcastic and not being serious, right?

wde

The first part, dead serious.  Second part was a projection. ??

Archived