Anyone talk to Gus

TigerOne

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

The first part, dead serious.  Second part was a projection. ??

Just damn.

wde

Gus and I talked this morning and he asked how my boxers were doing, and I said they were doing good.   But I then said my underwear was in a bunch because if he would have run the ball more when AU got behind, Stidham’s passing percentage wouldn’t have gone down as much.   He said he didn’t consider that but that he would next time 

Gus and I spoke this morning and he is unsure of why everyone is angry.  He said he ran all three plays in the playbook.  WR Screen, Run up the middle, and go deep.  He said he will try to mix the order of those plays up better this week.  Also said he can't stand the thought of D. Craig so badly that he has almost ran off all of his WR recruits.  Said that KJ is one tough SOB.  He tried like hell to wear him out but the kid just won't quit.  I slapped ole Gus so hard he don't need glasses anymore which made me feel good.

I just got off the phone with Gus.  He said to tell everyone that "it's not the end of world and that the team still controls their own destiny."  He said that he called off the dogs early against LSU because Coach O is a good man and he didn't want to be responsible for getting him fired.  He encourages everyone to remain patient and said he's certain we won't lose more than several more games.

He also said that he's retained  Daymiene Craig as an outside consultant and that Craig told him to tell everyone that Eva Thang Gucci!

8 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I just got off the phone with Gus.  He said to tell everyone that "it's not the end of world and that the team still controls their own destiny."  He said that he called off the dogs early against LSU because Coach O is a good man and he didn't want to be responsible for getting him fired.  He encourages everyone to remain patient and said he's certain we won't lose more than several more games.

He also said that he's retained  Daymiene Craig as an outside consultant and that Craig told him to tell everyone that Eva Thang Gucci!

Thanks for the update!  I feel much better now after hearing Gus’ encouraging words.

:party:

Now go strive for an 8-5 season, Gus!

17 hours ago, around4ever said:

Nobody, not even coaching staffers or admin staffers have talked to Gus in weeks.  The only conversations between Gus and the coaches amount to them saying "OK, if that is what you want". 

BS - Gus and the coaching staffers/admin were riding high on the backs of wins over Mercer/Mizzou/MSU/OM where 168 pts were scored in those 4 games.  I'm sure things are quiet after Saturday's collapse, but I find no reason they should avoid contact and communications after 3 SEC Wins.:dunno:

AU fans thought we may have a Heisman candidate and a sure fire playoff team on our hands, offense was leading the SEC and Stidham at the top of the QB charts after that OleMiss win.  

I said it after the Clemson loss when folks wanted him canned that he'd go on a 4 game win streak, he'd be forgiven and folks would once again start the SECCG/Playoff talk all over again.  It happened right here on this board. Now we have loss #2 in the books and folks have pulled out the pitchforks, torches, and a ton of off color jokes.  True Auburn fans refusing to attend games, and signing a petition mid-season to fire the HC - WTH?

At the end of the day, Gus is who he is and after 5 yrs training on the job I think everyone connected with AU and anyone that pays attention to SEC football can all surmise that Gus he is in over his head for a job of this caliber at Auburn University.  AU has invested enough time, capital, resources, and fan support to expect better results than what they are receiving.

28 minutes ago, keesler said:

BS - Gus and the coaching staffers/admin were riding high on the backs of wins over Mercer/Mizzou/MSU/OM where 168 pts were scored in those 4 games.  I'm sure things are quiet after Saturday's collapse, but I find no reason they should avoid contact and communications after 3 SEC Wins.:dunno:

AU fans thought we may have a Heisman candidate and a sure fire playoff team on our hands, offense was leading the SEC and Stidham at the top of the QB charts after that OleMiss win.  

I said it after the Clemson loss when folks wanted him canned that he'd go on a 4 game win streak, he'd be forgiven and folks would once again start the SECCG/Playoff talk all over again.  It happened right here on this board. Now we have loss #2 in the books and folks have pulled out the pitchforks, torches, and a ton of off color jokes.  True Auburn fans refusing to attend games, and signing a petition mid-season to fire the HC - WTH?

At the end of the day, Gus is who he is and after 5 yrs training on the job I think everyone connected with AU and anyone that pays attention to SEC football can all surmise that Gus he is in over his head for a job of this caliber at Auburn University.  AU has invested enough time, capital, resources, and fan support to expect better results than what they are receiving.

Riding high or not, other than meetings there was very little communication between HC and the staff. 

36 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Riding high or not, other than meetings there was very little communication between HC and the staff. 

The shutting down of communication indicates the end is near.

23 hours ago, beaumak said:

Wow i totally heard that too from them a few years back! funny is that the same description was used. do we have the same friend?

Ha maybe?! Same guy told me it pi$$es them (Carolina fans) off that we won't throw it to Craig-Meyers when they wanted him so bad.

42 minutes ago, NCeagle said:

Ha maybe?! Same guy told me it pi$$es them (Carolina fans) off that we won't throw it to Craig-Meyers when they wanted him so bad.

It does us too. 

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

And the players can sense this. I wish they'd fire him today and not waste all the talent we have on this years team.  This is an SEC Championship quality team.

So I know people that live in and around the areas where Tubs and his staff and Chizik and his staff lived along with Jeff Lebo.  People talked to Tubs, Paul Rhoades.  People talked to Roof, Chizik, Leofler,.  People  played  golf with Lebo.  Wives talked with and talk too Kristy Malzahn.  Know one I know has ever talked  to  Gus, not even when he was our OC.   Gus I just do not think he is a very social person to begin with.

19 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

So I know people that live in and around the areas where Tubs and his staff and Chizik and his staff lived along with Jeff Lebo.  People talked to Tubs, Paul Rhoades.  People talked to Roof, Chizik, Leofler,.  People  played  golf with Lebo.  Wives talked with and talk too Kristy Malzahn.  Know one I know has ever talked  to  Gus, not even when he was our OC.   Gus I just do not think he is a very social person to begin with.

That is fine. I don't care if our coach is a damn hermit if he knows what he's doing during practices and Saturdays. Unfortunately that bar is set too high for Gus. But how social he is doesn't make an ounce of difference IMO. Not attacking you, but among a flooding of well warranted anti-Gus posts this struck me as a little bit odd.

Well the title of this post was "Does anyone talk to Gus" and based on who I know and who talks to who, Gus doesn't talk to anybody.  From what I understand Ted Roof is one of the coolest guys you could ever come across.  But no one i knew ever saw Gus in the neighborhood, much less talked to him.  Hell, I drove by Chiziks house several times and saw him washing his truck.  I saw Leofler out jogging.  Never saw Gus

Archived