Fatality and mediocrity

AURex

After the LSU loss, my brother (also an Auburn grad) sent me an email message. It said, "We are used to 7-5 and 8-4, so Malzahn is comfy with his $4 million salary. We are supposed to be okay with mediocrity." And ya know, he's probably right. Jay Jacobs is okay with being middle of the SEC, year after year.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

After the LSU loss, my brother (also an Auburn grad) sent me an email message. It said, "We are used to 7-5 and 8-4, so Malzahn is comfy with his $4 million salary. We are supposed to be okay with mediocrity." And ya know, he's probably right. Jay Jacobs is okay with being middle of the SEC, year after year.

You are so right, Carl. A story I heard when Harry Philpott was president was he was happy if the team went 7-3 went to a nice bowl game. That way no one was expecting too much. Don't know if that's true, but a story that was conveyed to me.

It does seem like the Auburn family is okay with like 2-3 years of being irrelevant as long as it ends with either a championship season or one so bad that we can fire said coach and bring someone else in that can right the ship. It’s such an unfortunate cycle 

Archived